The Student Room Group

Anyone doing occupational therapy 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello! I just received my first interview offer, from Cardiff, my first choice! Anybody else received one from Cardiff yet? I'm so excited!! xx
Reply 21
Hi, i'm actually brickin it for my coventry group interview......btw for these interviews has people dressed smart or casual? sorry silly i know but these thigns really worry me haha
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I've applied for OT :biggrin:! Got given an unconditional from Brunel today after an interview (I already have a degree so not waiting on results) ! But still haven't heard from Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Southampton or UWE :frown:

I haven't heard back from Oxford Brookes either...I haven't had anything to say that they've got my application either so it's all a bit nerve racking :s-smilie:
Reply 23
congrates to those with offers!! :smile: when i went to my interview i wore black trousers a nice shirt, cardie and ugg boots cause i caught the train to everywhere i went and it was very snowy everywhere and i was not gonna walk round in dollyshoes and freeze my feet :P alot of people did that as well. so its smart and comfortable :smile: try and steer away from jeans but wear something comfortable :smile:
Original post by RosiL
Hi, i'm actually brickin it for my coventry group interview......btw for these interviews has people dressed smart or casual? sorry silly i know but these thigns really worry me haha

I am sure you`ll be fine. One tip in group interviews/discussions is to makee sure you have your say/view but also listen to others (which I am sure you`ll do:smile: They are looking at your communication skills, your abililty to listen and your warm personality. I wore a black dress, cardi and boots. I would say as long as you try to steer away from jeans, etc.. like clw92 said you wont look to casual, wear what your most comfortable in. Good luck!:tongue:
I've applied for OT :biggrin:! Got given an unconditional from Brunel today after an interview (I already have a degree so not waiting on results) ! But still haven't heard from Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Southampton or UWE :frown:

Congrats on your offer. I havent heard from Cardiff either. What`s your previous degree in? I graduated in 09 with Psychology. Currently work as an LSA with a child with a statement of special educational needs (health and learning needs). Really want to get in to LSBU as would be able to stay at home and save a lot of money, my job isn`t well paid so have been able to save little:frown:
Reply 26
Original post by babytinkerbell

I am sure you`ll be fine. One tip in group interviews/discussions is to makee sure you have your say/view but also listen to others (which I am sure you`ll do:smile: They are looking at your communication skills, your abililty to listen and your warm personality. I wore a black dress, cardi and boots. I would say as long as you try to steer away from jeans, etc.. like clw92 said you wont look to casual, wear what your most comfortable in. Good luck!:tongue:

Thank you :smile: where have you had your interviews? x
Hi. I've applied to study at Uni of Cumbria in Carlisle part-time, got interview on 2nd Feb. Anyone else applied to Carlisle?
Reply 28
Original post by westlifefan
Hi. I've applied to study at Uni of Cumbria in Carlisle part-time, got interview on 2nd Feb. Anyone else applied to Carlisle?

I have applied and got an offer from Carlisle :smile:
I've just received a letter from Brookes saying that I've got an interview for OT at Brookes :biggrin: Has anybody else heard from them? xx
Reply 30
Original post by Katrina-Jane
I've just received a letter from Brookes saying that I've got an interview for OT at Brookes :biggrin: Has anybody else heard from them? xx

Yes!! I did today too! Mines Wednesday the 9th of Feb PM i think, how about you? x
Reply 31
Original post by LizCarl
Hi, glad to hear that you've got offers! I've applied to York St John too. How was the interview like?

Hey thanks :smile: makes a shock from last year i applied to physio and got 5 rejections :P and York St John is groups of about 10 or 12 you sit in a circle and answer questions and then the groups are split in two and each group has a task to do. :smile: I love York so much but have decided on Cumbria :smile:
Reply 32
I got my letter from Oxford Brookes yesterday! But it's the same date as my Coventry interview (9th Feb) which I've already accepted to attend!! I've emailed asking if theres any possibility for another date...do you think they will be ok changing it?!
Original post by RosiL
Thank you :smile: where have you had your interviews? x

I had an interview at cumbria uni, carlisle campus last week, that was a one to one interview. However, when I graduated in 09 I was applying for Mental Health Nursing courses and a lot of them were group interviews. Hope I hear back from more soon....:s-smilie: I applied directly. x
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by westlifefan

Hey, I applied to Carlisle too, had an interview on the 12th Jan. Waiting to hear:s-smilie: There very friendly and put you at ease. Loved the uni.
Congrats on your offer. I havent heard from Cardiff either. What`s your previous degree in? I graduated in 09 with Psychology. Currently work as an LSA with a child with a statement of special educational needs (health and learning needs). Really want to get in to LSBU as would be able to stay at home and save a lot of money, my job isn`t well paid so have been able to save little:frown:

Mine is in psychology too :smile: are you applying for the PgDip then? I gave up on that one as I found that most of the people applying for it, like yourself, have relevant health/social care jobs already...and I can't compete with that lol! :frown:
Original post by isabel93
Hello! I just received my first interview offer, from Cardiff, my first choice! Anybody else received one from Cardiff yet? I'm so excited!! xx

Ah you're so lucky, I've heard nothing from them! What month did you apply in? I am so worried they are gonna outright reject me :frown: it's my first choice too.

Oh, I got an interview for Oxford Brookes yesterday, 9th Feb x
Reply 37

Ah you're so lucky, I've heard nothing from them! What month did you apply in? I am so worried they are gonna outright reject me :frown: it's my first choice too.

Oh, I got an interview for Oxford Brookes yesterday, 9th Feb x

is the oxford brookes one a 1-1 interview? i applied there but havent heard anything yet :/
Mine is in psychology too :smile: are you applying for the PgDip then? I gave up on that one as I found that most of the people applying for it, like yourself, have relevant health/social care jobs already...and I can't compete with that lol! :frown:

Hi, I am applying for the PgDip, but I have also like you applied for some BSc ones(LSBU and Brunel) as I really really want to do the course and am trying to keep my options open as much as possible.
Original post by RosiL
is the oxford brookes one a 1-1 interview? i applied there but havent heard anything yet :/

Hey it says on the letter that it's a group interview lasting around 45 minutes :eek: i'm worried already and It's not even my first choice!! lol
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest