The Student Room Group

Few W.E Questions (again!)

Sorry to trouble you again. These should be very quick.

I'd perhaps like to get a few days at an abbatoir for w.e but I don't feel I'm able to cope with watching all that stuff? I know it strengthens your application and I probably could cope if I try but there is also a reason for being a vet and I appreciate I'm not a vegetarian but I still don't like what they go through particularly. Do you think I should just leave this one out? Or is it really that bad?

And secondly, i have been rejected from another equine vet. They said they couldn't offer me any for the dates I have provided. As I would be applying for university next year - what month do you do this? Because I intend to send them a letter again giving some extra dates but i don't know if october half term is too late next year and after I would apply?

Reply 1
apparently abattoirs are alright, and good experience -however none of my local ones let people do work experience so i can't speak from my own experience!

As for the equine vet experience, you could just say in your PS that your going to an equine prac in oct. and if you apply to liv, it will include that week towards your total work exp on the workexp form, so no i don't think it's too late, esp seen as i'm sure with all the effort you are going to with work experience, that you'll have covered more than enough beforehand :smile: hope this helps a little!
Original post by Robpattinsonxxx
Sorry to trouble you again. These should be very quick.

I'd perhaps like to get a few days at an abbatoir for w.e but I don't feel I'm able to cope with watching all that stuff? I know it strengthens your application and I probably could cope if I try but there is also a reason for being a vet and I appreciate I'm not a vegetarian but I still don't like what they go through particularly. Do you think I should just leave this one out? Or is it really that bad?

And secondly, i have been rejected from another equine vet. They said they couldn't offer me any for the dates I have provided. As I would be applying for university next year - what month do you do this? Because I intend to send them a letter again giving some extra dates but i don't know if october half term is too late next year and after I would apply?

You dont HAVE to go to an abbatoir, but you're going to have to go anyway if you get into vet school, so i think you might as well get it over with. You apply to uni in october, but as long as you've got it planned you can say it on your application.
Thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending