The Student Room Group

Heels for thick ankles!

Ok guys, basically I have nice legs but my ankles have no shape and don't go in so look very thick and almost swollen!
I normally wear heeled boots on a night out because i can't wear normal heels because front of foot appears too wide with no ankle going in! Any recommenddations for styles of shoes (straps, t-bars, etc) which would allow for my 'condition'?? thanks so much!
Reply 1
i suggest you that just use flat shoe like jogers
Unless other people have mentioned it to you, you'll probably find that it's something that only you will ever notice. However, if it reeeeally bugs you then the best options would probably be:

-shoe boots (which would balance things out, but wouldn't work too well in summer and might look out of place with some outfits);

-t-bars (which will lead the eye away from your ankles, especially if they have an eye-catching detail or colour on them);

-mary janes with thick or double straps (again, leading the eye away and the thick straps will help to put everything back into proportion);

-black tights/stockings (will make your legs look narrower and should mean that people won't even be able to see your ankles properly unless you're out in broad daylight). A statement skirt or top with detailing and colour to it will also lead people's eyes away from your feet :smile:.

Like I said, considering how little time people spend looking at each other's ankles, I'm willing to bet this "problem" only exists in your own mind if that's any consolation. Hope some of the above suggestions help you to forget about it!
Reply 3
The appropriate term is a 'cankle'. :wink:
Original post by RNBen
The appropriate term is a 'cankle'. :wink:

Giggidy. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest