The Student Room Group

Can anyone help me please?

Hello everyone,

My names Hannah and I am 26 I am trying to get beck in to studying and am very confused would it be possible for someone to answer a few questions I have or point me in the right direction please I would be so grateful.

Ok so I am about to start a access to he in nursing course its full time so I shall be finished hopefully by Jan 2012, I am going to apply for university to do a childrens nursing degree, but I am getting a little confused by so much info.

When should I apply for uni for 2012
I havent even started my Access course yet so how will I know if I pass and get enough points to meet the entry requirements, should I apply anyway and then wait and see or do I leave it a year and apply for 2013.
With regards to a personal statement do I use the same one for all the unis I want to apply for or make each one different.
Do I just apply to uni and then sort the fee's out after or do I need to sort them out first.

I am so sorry for sounding so stupid but as you can tell I am very new to all of this and have no idea what I am doing really I just need a little help.

Thank you in advance to whoever replies I really do appriciate it.
Hannah.
Reply 1
Original post by hannahhan84
Hello everyone,

My names Hannah and I am 26 I am trying to get beck in to studying and am very confused would it be possible for someone to answer a few questions I have or point me in the right direction please I would be so grateful.

Ok so I am about to start a access to he in nursing course its full time so I shall be finished hopefully by Jan 2012, I am going to apply for university to do a childrens nursing degree, but I am getting a little confused by so much info.

When should I apply for uni for 2012

I havent even started my Access course yet so how will I know if I pass and get enough points to meet the entry requirements, should I apply anyway and then wait and see or do I leave it a year and apply for 2013.
With regards to a personal statement do I use the same one for all the unis I want to apply for or make each one different.
Do I just apply to uni and then sort the fee's out after or do I need to sort them out first.

I am so sorry for sounding so stupid but as you can tell I am very new to all of this and have no idea what I am doing really I just need a little help.

Thank you in advance to whoever replies I really do appriciate it.

Hannah.

For 2012 entry, you can start applying in autumn 2011. It might be different next year, but the deadline this year, in order to "be equally considered", is the 15th of January, but I personally think the earlier you apply the better. People have been getting offers and rejections already.

If you finish your access course in January 2012, then you should receive your results shortly after, ready for entry to university in the autumn of 2012.

I'm just wondering, when you say "apply for uni for 2012" do you mean, starting in the autumn of 2012, or 2011? Because if it's the former, you'll be fine with your plan. :smile:

You have to write one personal statement, which will be sent to your (up to) five choices. I have been told about people being allowed two statements in some circumstances, but if you're applying for the same or very similar courses, you'll be fine.

Get your application in and then start applying for student finance. I'll be starting to soon, as apparently there's tons of forms to fill out. I don't know too much about this yet, but will be able to let you know as I progress through it. It's nothing to worry about. The main thing is to do well in your access course and produce a great application/personal statement. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending