The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by cool_beans1993
i found out cas it was my first few days at my new school and he told me lol ....nope we had no idea who the guy was but he knew her name and mine and this other girls cas we were like best friends and he used to call out oru names.....he sometimes was there after school as well with his car....really creepy and he found us all on facebook :s-smilie:...theres so many weird people in the world lol ...well theres always creepers around no matter what part of the world u go to lol

did you ever ask how he found out? thats just creepy, how old was this person that was following you friend?
Reply 81
Original post by Nottingham_Banker
How will you know if he's nice funny etc if you've shot him down before he's even opened his mouth you smug bitch

Who said anything about shooting him down before he's even spoken?

I'm talking about guys who approach you in a weedy, unconfident way, and come out with a poor, embarrassing and awkward attempt at starting at conversation. If you're gonna try to chat a girl up, you have to have looks, charm or both. Otherwise, yes, it is pretty insulting. You're saying to them, 'I'm ugly, I have no social skills, yet I think I'm worthy of you' - of course that's an insult.
Original post by st_23
did you ever ask how he found out? thats just creepy, how old was this person that was following you friend?

nope i have no idea how he knew but we used to live in a small area so things got around quite fast....he was in university while we were in high school...
Although looks do play a big factor in a romantic relationship, it's not all about attractiveness you know! It's also about ones personality & if you "click" or "feel chemistry"!!

I don't personally think that I'm "superior" than any other girl in looks, I class myself not ugly but pretty average (prob because I need to lose some weight!!), so if a guy who I thought wasn't very good looking showed interest in me, I wouldn't look down on him & think "oh god, does he actually think he has a chance with me?", no, I'd get to know him first & then if things didn't work out or there wasn't a "spark" then I'd let him down gently & suggest just being friends!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 84
nope i have no idea how he knew but we used to live in a small area so things got around quite fast....he was in university while we were in high school...

oh really, what a loser
Reply 85
Original post by Anabolicminds
are you annoyed and thinking "why the hell does he think he got a chance with me"

be honest

My sister is so pretty and her last interest seem to be in a slightly lower league saying that the way she talks about them make them hot
Reply 86
lol wow he seems so weird ...its annoying how he just didnt understand in the first place...
its also really bad when the guy knows everything about u....its like so creepy ....i remember this one guy knew where i lived, the care we drove like everything and i had never spoke to him in my life!

thats soo creepy! i would probably like . . . idk wat id do but id be very creeped out!!! haha
Original post by abc101
Who said anything about shooting him down before he's even spoken?

I'm talking about guys who approach you in a weedy, unconfident way, and come out with a poor, embarrassing and awkward attempt at starting at conversation. If you're gonna try to chat a girl up, you have to have looks, charm or both. Otherwise, yes, it is pretty insulting. You're saying to them, 'I'm ugly, I have no social skills, yet I think I'm worthy of you' - of course that's an insult.

That's the biggest pile of **** I've heard in years.
what, NO!!! Ugly people are people too!! and have feeling like any other humans.

Judging people on their looks alone is so shallow.
Reply 89
I never went to a club. So cool right?
Reply 90
Original post by beepbeeprichie
That's the biggest pile of **** I've heard in years.

Over-exaggeration much?

Anybody who says they'd be flattered if somebody who was obviously totally socially incompetent thought they had a chance with them is a liar.

Another thing that nobody's mentioned is the fact that when such an individual comes over to a girl, he's showing a complete lack of respect for what she wants. A normal guy will flirt with a girl from across the room, pick up on her vibes, they'll throw glances at each other, and he won't approach her unless he's getting the feeling she's into him. When an ugly guy lacking in social skills approaches a girl, he's doing so without any prior encouragement or advocation from her, so he's pretty much saying, 'You've given no indication whatsoever that you might be happy about me coming up to you - in fact you've given the opposite impresion - but I fancy you so I'm going to do it anyway'. It's out of order, and feels like a violation. If you're not getting the idea from eye contact and body language that she likes you, don't do it!
Original post by abc101
Over-exaggeration much?

Anybody who says they'd be flattered if somebody who was obviously totally socially incompetent thought they had a chance with them is a liar.

Another thing that nobody's mentioned is the fact that when such an individual comes over to a girl, he's showing a complete lack of respect for what she wants. A normal guy will flirt with a girl from across the room, pick up on her vibes, they'll throw glances at each other, and he won't approach her unless he's getting the feeling she's into him. When an ugly guy lacking in social skills approaches a girl, he's doing so without any prior encouragement or advocation from her, so he's pretty much saying, 'You've given no indication whatsoever that you might be happy about me coming up to you - in fact you've given the opposite impresion - but I fancy you so I'm going to do it anyway'. It's out of order, and feels like a violation. If you're not getting the idea from eye contact and body language that she likes you, don't do it!

This. If you suck at life, no-one is going to care how you feel about someone else.

Watch "She's Out Of My League" and ignore the bull**** American happy ending. You can't jump 2 points on an attractiveness scale, even on a good day. If you know you're ugly and not worthy of someone, don't do or say anything.
are you annoyed and thinking "why the hell does he think he got a chance with me"

be honest

That is so harsh! I'm a bloke but I'm not offended when someone I rate as below me in looks comes on to me. Surely everyone below and up to your own standard of good looks will fancy you?
Reply 93

be honest

OMG yeahh lol that's exactly the words that i think too lol i admire their confidence in actually approaching me but i'm thinking seriously..'u can't touch this' lol
Reply 94
Original post by futuredoc77
what, NO!!! Ugly people are people too!! and have feeling like any other humans.

Judging people on their looks alone is so shallow.

That's true but some guys approach a girl in a way and disrespctful and trashy which may be a reason why a girl may think 'why the hell does he think he can have me' kinda thing.
If a guy that I'm not attracted to obviously likes me, I'll be polite and not lead him on. That's usually the best thing to do if there's someone that likes you but you don't like back.
Ok I really hate this mentality that if a girl doesn't find a guy physically attractive that she's a 'bitch' or a tease because honestly **** that and **** you if you think it! If you're not attracted to someone whether your female or male there's no chemistry so there's **** all point in dating regardless if their nice.
I think people are getting a bit butt-hurt about all this immediate judging on looks.

Personally, for a proper romantic relationship I need to be attracted to the person. If I know them well beforehand and like them, if they weren't attractive it wouldn't be an issue cause I would have fallen for them as a person.

However! In the scenario where a random guy you've never met or spoken to randomly introduces himself to you, or, more likely, adds you on Facebook and attempts chatting you up via Facebook chat, if they're not attractive and they don't have much in the way of conversation or interest, I'm going to feel insulted. It's saying "I'm not very good looking andI have **** chat & no interests, but I consider you of a similar level"

It's not that I'm shallow or have a high opinion of myself, but I am aware of my self worth. I am pretty intelligent, at a good university with a good friends circle. I'm not a 10/10 but I consider myself reasonably attractive and when guy who has barely scraped GCSEs, cannot spell correctly, cannot engage in a good conversation, doesn't have any interests and isn't attractive starts to ask me out, I'm not likely to be interested. It's not being shallow at all I don't think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

be honest

I understand how you feel I've had that before. People are like "you're cold hearted" but to be really honest sometimes two people can really be in completely different leagues. So long as you don't look down upon the actual person, I think it's understandable to think like this. I've taught myself to see beauty in everyone I know.
yh sometimes im like wth what a creeper if hes a stalker type person
if hes generally a nice guy then im nice but make it clear that nothing can actually happen...i find it hard to be mean to some people...its annoying cas some guys no matter how many times u tell them u dont like them in that way they still keep asking u out....

Guys like that have issues. Like I know my league and would never attempt higher let alone harass girls continuously because you're infatuated with them. They are not realists. Accept it, move on and stop acting desperate. I honestly thought guys were simple black and white(metaphorically speaking) people who take it on the chin and get on with it but maybe that is just me.

Latest

Trending

Trending