The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Would it be too late to apply for Uni of Sheffield in March?

I'm a student in my first year, at Keele University where I study Accounting and Finance.But I am also retaking some A-level Maths exams this month to pull my grade up to an A. Assuming I am to get an A come March, I will meet the grade requirements of the course Accounting & Financial Management with Maths, at Uni of Sheffield, where I want to go. Would I get an Unconditional Offer? Or would it be too late to apply in March? There is also another similar course where they ask for BBB, which I already have, Accounting and Financial Management and Information Management. What should I do?
Reply 1
Applications close something this month.. so I would have thought so.
Thing is, because you've already started elsewhere, you'd kind of be a special case, so you might want to contact them directly. :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Why can't you apply now and put on your UCAS form that you're retaking? Then your (hypothetical) offer will be conditional until you get your results in March. Have you e-mailed the department for guidance?
Reply 3
Original post by -honeybee-
Why can't you apply now and put on your UCAS form that you're retaking? Then your (hypothetical) offer will be conditional until you get your results in March. Have you e-mailed the department for guidance?

Thank you for your reply. Well when I applied last year, they told me they MUST see ABB on the application as predicted grades, to give me a conditional offer, but I still applied, and got rejected. I'm going to ring them up tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by cmpunkfan
Thank you for your reply. Well when I applied last year, they told me they MUST see ABB on the application as predicted grades, to give me a conditional offer, but I still applied, and got rejected. I'm going to ring them up tomorrow. :smile:

Did you have ABB predicted? If you did, what they said doesn't guarantee you an offer, there are other considerations - personal statement, reference, interview, quality of the other candidates etc. Are you predicted an A for your retake? Are you applying for first year or a transfer?
Reply 5
Original post by -honeybee-
Did you have ABB predicted? If you did, what they said doesn't guarantee you an offer, there are other considerations - personal statement, reference, interview, quality of the other candidates etc. Are you predicted an A for your retake? Are you applying for first year or a transfer?

No I was predicted BBB (and I ended up getting this), which is the main reason they rejected me I presume. I don't have anyone to make me a prediction for my retake, but if I absolutely have to, I will contact my old maths teacher from college, back in Leicester :frown:, but with exams this month, I really don't have time, to make a UCAS application by the 15th, and the thought of going to Uni of Sheffield and applying again only came in the last few days :redface:. This is why I want to apply in March. And to make this sound worse, I contacted the Management School of Sheffield, they told me to contact the Maths and Information Scools- both told me ring them on Monday as both head off Schools are of sick!!

I don't think they'd accept me for a transfer, so I'd be happy to start again from first year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cmpunkfan
No I was predicted BBB (and I ended up getting this), which is the main reason they rejected me I presume. I don't have anyone to make me a prediction for my retake, but if I absolutely have to, I will contact my old maths teacher from college, back in Leicester :frown:, but with exams this month, I really don't have time, to make a UCAS application by the 15th, and the thought of going to Uni of Sheffield and applying again only came in the last few days :redface:. This is why I want to apply in March. And to make this sound worse, I contacted the Management School of Sheffield, they told me to contact the Maths and Information Scools- both told me ring them on Monday as both head off Schools are of sick!!

I don't think they'd accept me for a transfer, so I'd be happy to start again from first year.

Ok well I think you've done all you can do so far. Just call them on Monday and see what they say, I think it will depend on how popular the course is etc.
You should definately call them about this. They are the only ones who can give you informed information about this and who they will consider etc. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending