The Student Room Group

Lots of help needed! :s

Hiya!

I recieved a conditional offer from Bangor on the 17/12/10 on Track.
It said I had to get 240 points. There was no mention of an interview.

TODAY I recieve a letter from Bangor University saying that I need to go for an interview on 26/01/11. And during that interview I will be asked to undertake a reading and writing task. It also says, in bold and underline, "Failure to comply with this request may results in forgeiture of an interview offer."

I am very confused. As I have recieved an offer from them already?? Can they take my offer away if I don't go? And is it a group interview?
I live 5 1/2 hours drive [one way] or an expensive train journey + over-night accomodation.

HELP!!!
-Rose
It is possible that the interview is to lower your offer.

However best thing to do is to phone them up and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It is possible that the interview is to lower your offer.

However best thing to do is to phone them up and ask.

OK, thanks. I was going to call them in the morning after talking to my teachers tomorrow about it.
It's one of my top choices and I'm estatic that I have an offer. It just niggles me that they might take it away. :eek:
Original post by AgaROSE
OK, thanks. I was going to call them in the morning after talking to my teachers tomorrow about it.
It's one of my top choices and I'm estatic that I have an offer. It just niggles me that they might take it away. :eek:

Just relax, I'm sure it'll be fine. You do hear of unis offering interviews after offers just to see if offer should be lowered, not to be taken away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending