The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7220
Original post by natty_d
My grandad has 3 wives, and my dad's mum was the second wife. She had 9 children - 7 boys and twin girls :h:

I don't know why we Africans breed so much. That being said, I want at least 6 children. Need to build a dynasty man. :smug:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sango

Original post by sango
I don't know why we Africans breed so much. That being said, I want at least 6 children. Need to build a dynasty man. :smug:

LOL let's see which woman will marry you :rofl:
Reply 7222
Original post by natty_d

Pfft. I will marry more than one woman if I have to. Just hoard a load of women from some village in Nigeria tbh. :smug:
Original post by natty_d

It'll be easier for him to go gay and adopt, tbh.
Fire alarm has been going on in my building for over 45 mins. They even said it was fine but wont let us back up to the rooms. Deshied ffs. Even worse because fob parents cant control their kids who are going mental. Some mini sango keeps coming over to watch my screen :facepalm2:
Reply 7225
Original post by Colbert
Saw a gieves and hawkes shop today. Took a pic, such a tourist :colonhash: there was a withered old chinese lady working there, but i think you are more fragile tbf. Also in a market i saw a sign with GEL for sale for 200 dollars. You should have bought downing from asia tbf, such bargains to be had.

:rofl: Should have bought the GEL!

How much was the Gieves stuff going for over there? I think they have close to 90 shops in China now :lolwut:

How has the trip been up to now? Is it sunny season there :colone:
Original post by Mess.
:rofl: Should have bought the GEL!

How much was the Gieves stuff going for over there? I think they have close to 90 shops in China now :lolwut:

How has the trip been up to now? Is it sunny season there :colone:

i obviously didnt go in tbf, only an absolute prick would dare step foot inside a classless place as that. Weather is stupid, been thunderstorms every day and yet is has been thirty degrees and 90% humidity all week. FFS. Took in culture today, monasteries, buddah, temples and nunneries tbf. History that is only beaten by real madrid in europe ffs, simply can not be bought. Today was also the first day i had a meal outside of the confines of my hotel or mcdonalds. Now feel sick which is why i am in bed and ventured back onto the internet :facepalm2:
Reply 7227
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
i obviously didnt go in tbf, only an absolute prick would dare step foot inside a classless place as that. Weather is stupid, been thunderstorms every day and yet is has been thirty degrees and 90% humidity all week. FFS. Took in culture today, monasteries, buddah, temples and nunneries tbf. History that is only beaten by real madrid in europe ffs, simply can not be bought. Today was also the first day i had a meal outside of the confines of my hotel or mcdonalds. Now feel sick which is why i am in bed and ventured back onto the internet :facepalm2:

:facepalm2: I warned you and Rob about trying to experiencing culinary culture. It is not good for the stomach :colonhash:
What did you order?

I imagine all the culture out there must be amazing. Would really like a trip there myself but think it would require a couple of weeks if you was going with someone who had never been before.

You should have went in to see how much their suits and shirts are and if they are cheap get them to send them to you in England :mmm:
Original post by Mess.
:facepalm2: I warned you and Rob about trying to experiencing culinary culture. It is not good for the stomach :colonhash:
What did you order?

I imagine all the culture out there must be amazing. Would really like a trip there myself but think it would require a couple of weeks if you was going with someone who had never been before.

You should have went in to see how much their suits and shirts are and if they are cheap get them to send them to you in England :mmm:

Once i lay down i felt fine tbf, was probably just a headache from watching arsenal's title bid falter against some fobbish malaysian team. The food i had was taiwanese from a mall food court tbf, was basically like wagamama :colonhash:

if i were you and wanted to come to asia with a non fob speaker i would only brave hong kong and places where english language is rife like phillipines and a couple others. Too scared of being in some absolute hellhole and not understanding a thing. I had planned to go philippines but couldnt be bothered in the end so maybe another time. Japan would probably be the most epic tbf, just such a stupidly long way to go and so costly. Although in saying that my flight will probably be my highlight of the trip. All the free food i could stomach and full seasons of the office.they have mad man season four in full on the return leg, looking forward to it a little too much :facepalm2:
Reply 7229
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
Once i lay down i felt fine tbf, was probably just a headache from watching arsenal's title bid falter against some fobbish malaysian team. The food i had was taiwanese from a mall food court tbf, was basically like wagamama :colonhash:

if i were you and wanted to come to asia with a non fob speaker i would only brave hong kong and places where english language is rife like phillipines and a couple others. Too scared of being in some absolute hellhole and not understanding a thing. I had planned to go philippines but couldnt be bothered in the end so maybe another time. Japan would probably be the most epic tbf, just such a stupidly long way to go and so costly. Although in saying that my flight will probably be my highlight of the trip. All the free food i could stomach and full seasons of the office.they have mad man season four in full on the return leg, looking forward to it a little too much :facepalm2:

Have you tried any street food :colone:

I wouldn't trust the local FOBs out of the major cities and tourist attractions. I would basically become Rob and start screaming in the face of passing FOBs about their culture!

I have started watching Mad Men. From what I had been told about it I thought it was meant to be some sort of comedy, like a higher Sit-Come and I thought it would be over 30 minutes. Pleasently suprised if I am honest and the humour really shines through :h:
Christina Hendricks is pissing me off when I am watching it a little bit though. I don't really know why either :beard:

I have recently been trawling eBay to add a couple of pieces to my wardrobe. Can't decide whether to pay up to £80 for these or not :holmes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110714852393&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Some very nice ties and shirts on there though. Would probably be a way of getting stuff in to your wardrobe at a decent price.
Original post by Mess.
Have you tried any street food :colone:

I wouldn't trust the local FOBs out of the major cities and tourist attractions. I would basically become Rob and start screaming in the face of passing FOBs about their culture!

I have started watching Mad Men. From what I had been told about it I thought it was meant to be some sort of comedy, like a higher Sit-Come and I thought it would be over 30 minutes. Pleasently suprised if I am honest and the humour really shines through :h:
Christina Hendricks is pissing me off when I am watching it a little bit though. I don't really know why either :beard:

I have recently been trawling eBay to add a couple of pieces to my wardrobe. Can't decide whether to pay up to £80 for these or not :holmes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110714852393&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Some very nice ties and shirts on there though. Would probably be a way of getting stuff in to your wardrobe at a decent price.

Tbf the locals all buy off street stalls so sure its fine. Just dont trust them to understand what i want and it ends in shambles. Tempted to buy some market tat but cant tell if the bags are actual leather and the ties are silk. I need fashion knowledge ffs. Want a watch too but might give it a miss. It doesnt even need to work it just needs to look fancy ffs.

My bro buys a lot off ebay and seems to be ok. The brogues are out of my expertise tho tbf.

I havnt gone much outside touristy places in case i die. Wanted to catch a local but on an island to a fishing village earlier as its meant to be nice but feared it tbh.

Also how can those curves possibly annoy you. Such beauty ffs. I dont find much of it funny tho, perhaps because for me its simply an inaight into the future rather than a fictional entertainment :beard:

bed time anyway, enough of this crumble
Reply 7232
Just found out that Hayden Panttiere (5' 2") used to go out with Wladimir Klitschko (6' 6"). Fair play to Wladimir but that height difference is huge!

Her heels are so high but he's still so much taller :lol:
Reply 7233
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
Just found out that Hayden Panttiere (5' 2&quot:wink: used to go out with Wladimir Klitschko (6' 6&quot:wink:. Fair play to Wladimir but that height difference is huge!

Her heels are so high but he's still so much taller :lol:

:yep: they broke up not long before the recent fight.

She has gotten uglier as she has gotten older. A problem so many very attractive American teenage girls suffer from :sad:
Reply 7234
Original post by Mess.
:yep: they broke up not long before the recent fight.

She has gotten uglier as she has gotten older. A problem so many very attractive American teenage girls suffer from :sad:

I just started watching Heroes the other day (everyone tells me the first season is awesome, yet I'm a few episodes in and I can't see anything awesome about it :s-smilie:) and she looks good.

And lol at the second part. I am still refusing to look at newer pics of Mischa Barton in case she actually has got ugly :nooo: I have this perfect picture of her in my head, I can't lose it :sad:
Reply 7235
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
I just started watching Heroes the other day (everyone tells me the first season is awesome, yet I'm a few episodes in and I can't see anything awesome about it :s-smilie:) and she looks good.

And lol at the second part. I am still refusing to look at newer pics of Mischa Barton in case she actually has got ugly :nooo: I have this perfect picture of her in my head, I can't lose it :sad:

Have you seen Mischa Barton in the Enrique Ingleasias video :sexface: And when she is the schoolgirl stripper :sexface:

Heroes gets absolutely awful after season 1.

I thought season 1 was meh but a clever idea that I expected to get better as they went on :sigh:
Reply 7236
Original post by Mess.
Have you seen Mischa Barton in the Enrique Ingleasias video :sexface: And when she is the schoolgirl stripper :sexface:

Heroes gets absolutely awful after season 1.

I thought season 1 was meh but a clever idea that I expected to get better as they went on :sigh:

Yeah I've seen her in that video and in the James Blunt one as well :coma: She is kind of skinny but she's one of those girls that suits fairly skinny, such as Keira Knightley.

Tbh I probably will watch 3 or 4 more episodes of Heroes tonight and if it doesn't get any better I might just give up on it and re-watch Lost as I haven't done that in a while :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7237
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
Yeah I've seen her in that video and in the James Blunt one as well :coma: She is kind of skinny but she's one of those girls that suits fairly skinny, such as Keira Knightley.

Tbh I probably will watch 3 or 4 more episodes of Heroes tonight and if it doesn't get any better I might just give up on it and re-watch Lost as I haven't done that in a while :colondollar:

Lost :facepalm2:

Angel is actually a very good series in its own right. Better than Buffy imo due to the darker themes and less childish language by people that are meant to be nearly mid 20s in the show.
It did need one more season to really wrap it up but it was actually finished.

I watch an absolutely disgraceful amount of television but I am always looking for something to really grab me.

Mad Men has been pretty good up to now (only 3 episodes in) so I would try giving that a try.

Chuck is absoltuely one of the best series I have ever seen. It has absolutely everything including...

Psych is also amazing easy watching. Basically a light hearted buddy series with amazing chemistry between the two lead characters. With casual non-racist racism thrown in akin to JD and Turk in Scrubs :h:
Reply 7238
Original post by Mess.
Lost :facepalm2:

:nothing:

Lost, Dexter and 24 are like my favourite shows :colonhash:

Angel is actually a very good series in its own right. Better than Buffy imo due to the darker themes and less childish language by people that are meant to be nearly mid 20s in the show.
It did need one more season to really wrap it up but it was actually finished.

I watch an absolutely disgraceful amount of television but I am always looking for something to really grab me.

I might check Angel out...I have never seen Buffy though, would that be a problem? I started watching Fringe and still do watch it but it's not a very addictive show, I watch like an episode or two per week. Supernatural is good if you haven't seen it.

Tbh I rarely watch TV, usually just films, but I finished so early for the summer that my boredom got the best of me. So far this Summer I've seen all the seasons of 24, The OC and Kyle XY :colondollar:

Mad Men has been pretty good up to now (only 3 episodes in) so I would try giving that a try.

I've heard of Mad Men but it doesn't really seem like a show I'd like. I am more into like action, supernatural stuff and a little bit of teen angst :colondollar:

Chuck is absoltuely one of the best series I have ever seen. It has absolutely everything including...

Psych is also amazing easy watching. Basically a light hearted buddy series with amazing chemistry between the two lead characters. With casual non-racist racism thrown in akin to JD and Turk in Scrubs :h:

I've heard of Chuck, it's the same creator from the OC. She is :sexface: I'll check some of those out :yy:
Reply 7239
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
:nothing:

Lost, Dexter and 24 are like my favourite shows :colonhash:

I might check Angel out...I have never seen Buffy though, would that be a problem? I started watching Fringe and still do watch it but it's not a very addictive show, I watch like an episode or two per week. Supernatural is good if you haven't seen it.

Tbh I rarely watch TV, usually just films, but I finished so early for the summer that my boredom got the best of me. So far this Summer I've seen all the seasons of 24, The OC and Kyle XY :colondollar:

I've heard of Mad Men but it doesn't really seem like a show I'd like. I am more into like action, supernatural stuff and a little bit of teen angst :colondollar:

I've heard of Chuck, it's the same creator from the OC. She is :sexface: I'll check some of those out :yy:

You have to watch Buffyto have a clue about Angel at first. Don't get me wrong btw, Buffy is a fantastic show but Angel just went up another notch.

Angel (the character) is in seasons 1 and 2 of Buffy (among other seasons) and then Buffy (the character) is in season 3 of Angel I think. So you could see how it could get quite confusing if you don't watch Buffy first.

Oh and probably the single greatest character ever created is a major character in both but you need to watch the finale of Buffy to understand their place in Angel.

So I would do all of Buffy first and then Angel. However, I had already seen them all so I watched both series at the same time switching series as the timeline changed :colondollar:

Latest