The Student Room Group

Unsure about Uni

Basically i'm still unsure about whether uni is for me, but i still need longer to think about it, this isn't a thread for telling me why i should go or anything, but if i apply, can i then reject any offers i get or something? What about if i accept an offer and then decide that i don't want to go, do i then have to go or can i still change my mind? It is very unlikely that it will get to the point where i accept an offer then change my mind, but just in case :wink:
Reply 1
If you apply, you can reject all of your offers. If you just change your mind about the course/uni then you can apply through Extra or Clearing (they're basically a 2nd chance).

If you've accepted an offer as your firm choice and meet the grades on results day, you can withdraw totally from UCAS and not go to uni at all. You could also try to get them to release you so you can apply through Clearing to somewhere else, but they don't have to and might take a long time about this.

But you don't have to accept offers until about Easter time, so you should have plenty of time to decide.
Reply 2
And if you are totally unsure another idea is a gap year, apply now and defer you offer, you then have a university place waiting for you if you do want to go.
Reply 3
You can even spend a couple of years there and decide you don't want to do the last year. You are totally free to decide if you want to apply or not, or stay or no

Latest

Trending

Trending