Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how many one night stands is too many?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

I'm 18 and have had 5 one night stands, but have never had sex with an actual boyfriend....

Is that slutty or just normal for someone who's not getting it regularly?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd call it slutty if it's not the same guy or your boyfriend, but I guess it depends on your morals. You do what you like, it's your life ...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 and have had 5 one night stands, but have never had sex with an actual boyfriend....

I'd make sure you're using protection with so many different people. But I wouldn't class it as slutty as you're not exactly having sex as much as any couple would; they would be doing it daily at least compared to your 5 times is nothing.

It would be just bad if your not protecting yourself and the other self from STI's.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dirtier than Hitlers kill/death ratio.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldn't call that slutty, I know girls who've had far more one night stands and aren't ashamed of it. As long as your safe, have sex with who you want!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    depends how they came about, like if they were friends maybe not so much but yeah bordering on a bit slutty
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No upper limit ( unless you're a woman and you're bordering dangerously on your limit :pierre:)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For a guy - no limit.
    For a girl, 1. That's society. INIT MAN :nn:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt be doing such a disgusting thing. This is both for men and women. Sleeping with people who you dont know is such something i cant understand any good person would do. Sorry but people like you make me sick.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aloneintheworld)
    You shouldnt be doing such a disgusting thing. This is both for men and women. Sleeping with people who you dont know is such something i cant understand any good person would do. Sorry but people like you make me sick.
    What O____o you can always chat beforehand!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be ramming your opinion down someone's throat. :rolleyes:
    A one night stand isn't always with someone you don't know, you fool.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Rephrase the question:

How many is not enough?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

For Christ sake, don’t call them ONS. Let everyone know that you have had 5 relationships and you will receive the blessings of your peers and most on this forum. If you admit to an ONS…well you’re a slut.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your name explains why you're so grumpy.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think one night stands in general are a bit slutty tbh, but maybe I'm one of those old fashioned types that doesn't draw the distinction between meaningful love-making with a partner and casual sex just for sexs sake.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sex as much you want and with however many people you want, why do you care what people on TSR think?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not having a one night stand ever is obviously not too many. Having one night stand is not too many either. Therefore, by this logic you can have as many one night stands as you want. It won't suddenly make it "too many"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People enjoy sex... get over it you sad, hopeless Virgin.

EDIT: Look, stop sucking God's (imaginary) cock... After reading some of your religious, anti-sex posts, I've decided that whenever I see you around I'm going to shoot you off your high horse, detonate your ivory tower and crush your religious ideals, all at a 120 bpm. You sancitmonious bitch...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you can still look at yourself and not feel ashamed, sad or guilty, then you should be fine. You're not living for anybody else and there is no 'number limit' to things like this.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have an ONS unless there were extenuating circumstances, but 'slutty' is only a subjective measure that other people will use to judge you. If you start to feel cheap, then I guess you've gone too far.

If you ever read 'priceless' Its about Charlie Daniels, she was a prostitute and then a pimp and if you read her book, despite doing all sorts you wouldn't think she was a slut at all. In fact she struck me as a positive member of society in the end.

Only time i really think that someone's whore-ish is if they've cheated on someone who didn't deserve it. Thats not really forgiveable IMO.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.