The Student Room Group

how many one night stands is too many?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AAXXX
You don't know what you're missing....

that might be probably right but I have to be a role model to my son. I think he would recognize if men are coming and going at night. that is some other reason why I don´t join this free love and sex thing in general. I don´t understand why I got a negative reputation for that. which man would wish to hasve a women like mallorca - everybody has been on.
Sorry, I'm quite open minded when it comes to sex but that is a bit slutty in my opinion. Not full on slag but it's five sexual partners at eighteen is a bit much, especially when they are one night stands.
How was losing your virginity?
Original post by aloneintheworld
Sex should only be between a husband and wife. Its bad enough when people have sex outside marriage but one night stands are just revolting. It shows messed up society has become. It appears the media has poisoned people into misusing sex and its purpose. And i can tell you are one of those people from your response. Hope you find peace one day :smile:

I never said that they are disgusting but their act is disgusting. You wont admit it not surprisingly since you probably do it aswell but i hope one day you will realize what you and your friends are doing is terribly wrong.
peace :biggrin:

Would be funny if when you get married your husband turns out to be **** in bed
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
Would be funny if when you get married your husband turns out to be **** in bed

I dont see why i should concern myself with that since i dont plan on getting married and even if i do i wont be sleeping with my husband.
Also even if i was planning on having sex it would not be worth going against God to find someone good in bed :rolleyes:
Not at all, I know people who have slept with so many more people than that, it does not change who they are.
Original post by aloneintheworld
I dont see why i should concern myself with that since i dont plan on getting married and even if i do i wont be sleeping with my husband.
Also even if i was planning on having sex it would not be worth going against God to find someone good in bed :rolleyes:

wow you're boring
Once you get the STD, then you know to definitely stop.
Reply 47
1. Not because I want to make you feel bad or anything, but presumably you want the genuine opinion of the populace without just hearing from all the people who think the same thing! :colondollar:
Original post by imhiya
I'd make sure you're using protection with so many different people. But I wouldn't class it as slutty as you're not exactly having sex as much as any couple would; they would be doing it daily at least compared to your 5 times is nothing.

It would be just bad if your not protecting yourself and the other self from STI's.

Adding to that, what about getting pregnant (well I'm assuming she isn't)?
I havce never had a one-night-stand because I would feel utterly used. I have had sex when I did not love the person, but there were still feelings and trust involved.

But that doesn't mean I see anything wrong with ONSs. It's how you feel about them. Society shouldn't be so judgemental as to think that females are slutty if they are having sex outside a relationship. That would be really dogmatic and narrow-minded. At the end of the day you have to decide for yourself what you feel comfortable with and what goes beyond that limit. There are no hard and fast rules, but I believe that you have to be sensible, ie use protection and all that.
Reply 51
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Sorry, I'm quite open minded when it comes to sex but that is a bit slutty in my opinion. Not full on slag but it's five sexual partners at eighteen is a bit much, especially when they are one night stands.
How was losing your virginity?

Why is it slutty-slutty? The OP may just have a high libido and want to sample a diverse range of men.

Surely if she's been as safe as possible regards contraception, pill and rape alarm, there isn't an issue?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and have had 5 one night stands, but have never had sex with an actual boyfriend....

Is that slutty or just normal for someone who's not getting it regularly?!

Well it's sex. It's a desire caused by natural hormones in your body.

Still I like the emotional side as well so I guess it's up to you. Don't feel bad for having normal desires.

If you actually want a relationship maybe stop going for that type of thing and try for something more meaningful.

If not .... sorry in my opinion 5 at 18 is a bit too many. Just for me though. At the end of the day you only need to be able to answer to yourself and maybe a few people that care about you. I wouldn't be too pleased if someone I cared about had that many.

I think by asking the question on tsr you already know how you feel about how many you've had. You clearly aren't happy with it.

Just my 2 cents though (next time you can have 3 :smile:)
Reply 53
As long as you're not leading people on and you're happy with doing it (as in, doing it because you like to have sex with people rather than eg. to boost self-esteem, which probably wouldn't work), and of course being as safe as you can, then I don't think there is a 'too many' number.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by effofex
Why is it slutty-slutty? The OP may just have a high libido and want to sample a diverse range of men.

Surely if she's been as safe as possible regards contraception, pill and rape alarm, there isn't an issue?

If she's only had one night stands then she's only had sex five times. Unless she means no strings attached which is different.
However if it's the former then I can't really comprehend it, especially at 18, it's like she's missed out on something.I don't understand how people can get pleasure out of it when there is no connection, emotional sexual or otherwise. :o:

Of course as long as she's being safe then she can do what she likes but five one night stands at eighteen with no boyfriend is quite a sad thought.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
I'd say, if you have to get std checked more than once a month than you're probably having too many one night stands..

Or you get to the stage when you realise you could be preggers and have no idea who's the daddy.
Reply 56
Original post by Boreism
Adding to that, what about getting pregnant (well I'm assuming she isn't)?

Well if she's on the pill, that's not really a worry as much.
5 is nothing. if you said you'd banged 20 guys, some heads might turn.
I'm not judgemental and frankly I couldn't care less. As long as the lad has his helmet on, it's all good
anything more than zero, imo.
Reply 59
Depends on your beliefs really? The idea of one-night-stands (to clarify I mean when you sleep with someone with no intention of ever getting to know them further) kinda disgusts me TBH but to some people its just the norm.

Its your life, do as you see fit. People who dont like it probably aren't worth you getting close to/knowing anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending