Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommend me a religion.

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    LaVeyean Satanism.
    Wow, what did you say? I'm too busy being distracted by your sig. :drool::sexface:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burpleronnie)
    Can you suggest any reliable sources?
    You may like to read this:

http://www.islamworld.net/docs/true.html

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M09)
    Logical?
    Why is it logical?
    Historically, it was Judaism, Christianity, then Islam, so Islam is final.
    We, muslims, believe in all three, but follow Islam since it is not modified, final, and is the religion Allah wants, as he says in the Quran.

I'm not talking about chronology?

Judaism = God
    Christianity = God + Jesus

If OP was a Christian but no longer believes in Jesus, then I would've thought that he'd have beliefs most similar to Jews. Islam adds extra/different beliefs doesn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    I'm not talking about chronology?

Judaism = God
    Christianity = God + Jesus

If OP was a Christian but no longer believes in Jesus, then I would've thought that he'd have beliefs most similar to Jews. Islam adds extra/different beliefs doesn't it?
    No it doesn't!!
    Islam is all about believing in one God. It's all about that, really!
    Anyone when becoming muslim should say and believe in:
    "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is the prophet"

Anyone believing in this is considered muslim.
    if you search about the closest religion to Christianity, then it's definitely Islam !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Islam .. But make sure to read the Quran and try understand it for yourself while keeping an open mind and do not listen to any scholars of Islam, just read it & understand it for yourself. =)
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_Gail)
    Wow, what did you say? I'm too busy being distracted by your sig. :drool::sexface:
    Hehe, I saw it and was like - MUST. HAVE. NOW.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittalmar)
    I'm disillusioned with Christianity. I'm reading up on Hinduism and Buddhism they seem more my cup of tea.

Edit: I've always believed in a God of sorts. I find the concept of Jesus err more difficult...
    I know just the person to help...SomeGreyBloke.

Watch, you won't regret! :ninja:
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    The religion of the sheep, i say sheepishly :P
    :p:

Their leader is called Anna :awesome: No, not me...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm disillusioned with Christianity. I'm reading up on Hinduism and Buddhism they seem more my cup of tea.

Edit: I've always believed in a God of sorts. I find the concept of Jesus err more difficult...
    I recommend you don't bother with religion at all.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do your own research. Choosing and devoting yourself to follow a religion is a big step in your life. Asking on a forum isn't the way to go about it. Most people are just going to recommend there own religion, anyway.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    you cant ask someone to reccomend you a religon. wtf *rolls eyes*
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Choose the one that's religious scriptures haven't been changed since the day it was revealed. Not one sentence, word, character or accent. Not one contradiction has been found till today and it's the world's fastest growing religion (convert wise) for a reason. Do some research I can guarantee you will never look back.

Islam.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:

I was gonna recommend Christianity. Now this is awkward.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubbaduckzilla)
    you cant ask someone to reccomend you a religon. wtf *rolls eyes*
    He sure proved you wrong!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Atheism.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

You would very much enjoy Sikhism, we have a lot in common with Buddhism.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Depends. Are you just going to find what's your "cup of tea"?

I mean, I believe in Christianity simply because I believe its the truth. Personally, I find some thigns a pain, it annoys when I feel guilty about random things on occassion which other's don't. But I do it because I believe that it is still the reality of the world and my existance whether I like it or not.

If you just what a religion that fits your lifestyle atm, I'd look for a philosophy, not a religion . (That sounded not very nice, but it's not meant to be, I promise!)

Good luck anyway in your search
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A good human being is a Muslim but without realising it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burpleronnie)
    Jainism is the purest, oldest, most logical, non-dogmatic and least supernatural of all religions. Certain aspects can even be backed with theories/concepts in higher physics and psychology, despite its origins having no scientific background and being over 5000 years old.

Obviously following it completely is impractical in the modern world, but its nice to aim high.

Strip the dogma form any religion and you ultimately end up with Jainism. Christianity and Buddhism inclusive. Pure Spiritualism
    is it just me or does dogma sound like an indian curry
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MUJ17)
    Choose the one that's religious scriptures haven't been changed since the day it was revealed. Not one sentence, word, character or accent. Not one contradiction has been found till today and it's the world's fastest growing religion (convert wise) for a reason. Do some research I can guarantee you will never look back.

Islam.
    Now, I thought the divine revalation was in 610... yet the Qur'an was actually standardized in 650s and a hundred years later was given punctuation and vowel pointing.

I don't doubt very little of the context has changed at all, but unforetunately those epithets cannot be applied to the Qur'an.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 17, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.