The Student Room Group

LSe or KCL for master?

Hi I am a third yr uni student now. I have got an conditional offer from KCL doing MA criminology and criminal justice as well as LSE doing MSc criminal justice policy. As both uni are very good so I don't know which one to choose! Anyone can give me some idea?

The thing is I am an international student, KCL is happy to take me as a local student but NOT LSE, so tuition fee will be 10,000 GBP difference between them excluding the living expenses in London.

Thank you guys!! Please do give me some opinion!
Both are great universities. If 10,000 GBP is no problem for you then go for whichever you like, but personally I would take the Kings offer.
Reply 2
Original post by iam_yvonne1233
Hi I am a third yr uni student now. I have got an conditional offer from KCL doing MA criminology and criminal justice as well as LSE doing MSc criminal justice policy. As both uni are very good so I don't know which one to choose! Anyone can give me some idea?

The thing is I am an international student, KCL is happy to take me as a local student but NOT LSE, so tuition fee will be 10,000 GBP difference between them excluding the living expenses in London.

Thank you guys!! Please do give me some opinion!

if 10k is not a problem go to LSE, if it is go to KCL
Original post by beefmaster
Both are great universities. If 10,000 GBP is no problem for you then go for whichever you like, but personally I would take the Kings offer.

I would agree with the beffmaster, I see 10,000 reasons why it should be Kings, but that's just my opinion.... (10K would cover your living costs in itself)
Reply 4
I know what you all mean! The thing is I always have the idea that MSc is more valuable than a MA. Also LSE is no.1 in social policy ( which the course I apply is related to social policy)... But 10,000 GBP more just for it's name is just too much!

Do you guys think king's is as good as Lse too? Btw the course I apply in KCL is offered by the law school.
I know what you all mean! The thing is I always have the idea that MSc is more valuable than a MA. Also LSE is no.1 in social policy ( which the course I apply is related to social policy)... But 10,000 GBP more just for it's name is just too much!

Do you guys think king's is as good as Lse too? Btw the course I apply in KCL is offered by the law school.

MA and MSC is just a title. Don't worry about it. E.g. you can do a MA international relations and an MSc international relations and the content is identical!
Get a reliable opinion from someone who works in the industry your looking to get into, don't make your decision soley based on 4 comments on this forum. mate
Reply 7

Regardless of prestige and money, the courses sound like they are very different. Look at the content!
I'd be interested in knowing which you chose? Also... how is it - whats the content like etc?

(I'm looking at similar things to do after I graduate.)

Gid
Reply 9
i think that lse is better than kcl. but for your course i am not sure. if the money is not the problem then choose LSE. Better reputation , in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending