The Student Room Group

Girls! Bright red tights - hot or not?

Scroll to see replies

Why ask us what we think when you're telling most people on the thread that their opinion is misguided , or just wrong?

I think some girls could pull them off. If she's got a good figure and wears 'striking' clothes, then yeh why not. Not something I would wear, but I'm not a big fan of red clothing anyway [turns my skin yellowy]. She'd have to be confident to wear something so bright, but if she wants to, then why not? She might get it wrong and end up looking like a prostitute, or she might pull it off and look stunning.
Original post by shinytoy
omg lol @ all of you saying this look is good!!

when my friend first said she was gonna wear it, i was like 'your kidding right, no really what are you gonna wear?'

does anyone find this look prostilicious? especially to wear for everyday a gathering in ppls house etc.

i know the punky types could rock the look with maybe lots of denim and a jacket with loads of badges and a hat. but apart from the punk look, i think they look ridiculous and like a hooker??

I don't like red tights, but that's more because I'm quite short so they make my legs look short and fat (or maybe I'm imagining it, wither way I wouldn't wear them haha) but I don't see why you think it would look slutty? Some of those looks seem ok to me!
Reply 22
Awful, but I don't like coloured tights. I like the colour of the teal ones but that colour is for walls, not for tights.
I really don't like them... coloured tights are okay but not in primary colours!
Reply 24
I liked the way they were worn in the last pic :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I don't like red tights, but that's more because I'm quite short so they make my legs look short and fat (or maybe I'm imagining it, wither way I wouldn't wear them haha) but I don't see why you think it would look slutty? Some of those looks seem ok to me!

yeah they lok good on the models, but for everyday wear eg to go to maccy d's? on a 27 y/o?

and yeah the slutty look depends how you wear them. but with a black micro mini and sleeveless top like my friend was saying, they kind of scream 'legs', whereas the micro mini is a statement in itself already. it is too ott imo

but in a casual way its ok i guess for under 25s, like with the floral dress or with blue denim of a cool, retro feel.
Reply 26
Hot !
Red tights are hideous IMO. And if this girl is actually a 'friend' of yours, why on earth are you degrading her by refering to her as an edgy slut and saying she looks prostilicious? :lolwut:
Not everyone can pull them off so depends
Reply 29
suitable for xmas only :tongue:
Not hot, in my opinion.
Reply 31
Dislike.

I think coloured tights can look really nice sometimes, for instance dark purple knitted tights with boots look good.

But personally I'm not a fan of bright coloured ones. Especially neon tights.
It would look best with some kind of co-ordinating accessory or something. I only really like the 3rd pic.

For example, I frequently wear deep purple tights on nights out, but I'll co-ordinate them with my nails, eyeshadow, jewellery, a scarf/belt if I have one etc.
I f*cking love them. But then again I have an impressive collection of bright tights in loads of colours and patterns.
In the third pictures- yes. With black, or everyday clothes, no. With a short shift dress in a block bright colour like something from the sixties, also yes. As part of an incredibly bright, over-the-top outfit for some sort of fashion-conscious clubbing event (think Egg events like Wearable Art for Durable People or Shabba Dabba Da at Avalon) where the tights help the outfit but are also the least remarkable thing about it, then that's also good.
Reply 35
Original post by sarahthegemini
Red tights are hideous IMO. And if this girl is actually a 'friend' of yours, why on earth are you degrading her by refering to her as an edgy slut and saying she looks prostilicious? :lolwut:

she's a lovely girl however her dress sense is a cross between a streetwalker and a skank. she knows i cant stand her look, like seriously. bum skimming micro-minis IN THE DAYTIME IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER? and flashing your pants is NOT a good look. i have told her this many times same way she thinks i dress too covered up.

what business is it of your anyway, do you know her?
Original post by shinytoy
she's a lovely girl however her dress sense is a cross between a streetwalker and a skank. she knows i cant stand her look, like seriously. bum skimming micro-minis IN THE DAYTIME IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER? and flashing your pants is NOT a good look. i have told her this many times same way she thinks i dress too covered up.

what business is it of your anyway, do you know her?

Tell her to get a knee length skirt then, that'll make her classier.

Considering you made a PUBLIC POST about her, I think it's ok for me to comment on the issue without actually knowing her :rolleyes:
NOT.
Reply 38
Depends what you wear them with.
Of the pictures in which they are worn that you posted: the first looks tacky and the second looks mismatched but the third and fourth look nice.
Again, depends what you wear them with. I hardly ever wear tights but I reckon there's some of my clothes these would go well with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending