The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Messy101
Jim & Melba did you do the HUB day I assume you stayed for the whole thing with the interviews at the end then got the job a week later or was there one final interview after that ? And how long is your start date following this process ?

No just the HUB day. A group session on the morning then an interview on the afternoon. I got a phone call a week later telling me i had the job.

After that you have a crazy week of getting forms together and organising contracts and stuff and i started last monday...so i started just under 2 weeks after i got the job.

I've just finished my first week induction, pretty boring tbh just admin and safety stuff, you get your uniform too. Next week is the training up the telegraph poles and i can't wait!!!! :smile:

Just to make you aware though, you'll be away from home for the first 3 weeks, i was only told it was one, so i have to switch some things around cos its pretty intensive training at the beginning!

It's looking as though its going to be pretty awesome though, good luck to everyone :biggrin:
Reply 41
Original post by agudosiy2k
Someone help me pls. Do i even have a chance?
I've got all the qualifications alright even good A levels
but my licence is not clean!!! I've got 6points already!!!
Should i even bother to attend the hub?

I would go anyway, they seem to be pretty flexible and it goes on what you actually have the points for i think! Still worth going deffinately!!
Reply 42
Original post by abbas_1991
@ jim meh how many days after your hub day did you get a reply??

I got a reply 6 days after, but some people were successful and didn't hear back for 4 weeks!
It all depends on wether you have all your exam certificates and stuff and how quickly they can do all the checks :smile:
Reply 43
@ melba thanks mate yh i think there waiting on my certificates for my city and gulids qulification because i only have a C in maths a C in english language and a C in R.E but i think i have done more then enough in the group interview and face to face to get this apprentership and most of the time the best apprentices are the ones without 5 A-C and i want this aprentership more then ever as i know i can do very well if givin this oppurtunity
Reply 44
Hi, I have my HUB day on Friday and am wondering if it will affect my chance as I have a holiday booked soon and if there is intense training like I have heard, will they see that as a problem with me ???
Reply 45
HI guys. ive been accepted. I had a hub day on 31st Jan at Brentwood.

I apparently start on March the 14th but i have no contract details at the moment?

Is anyone else in the same position?

Thanks guys (Ross.)
Reply 46
Original post by Hazharry
Hi, I have my HUB day on Friday and am wondering if it will affect my chance as I have a holiday booked soon and if there is intense training like I have heard, will they see that as a problem with me ???

I wouldn't have thought a holiday will affect there decision tbh. They have start dates every week up untill the 21st march I am led to believe.

Original post by rossi145

I apparently start on March the 14th but i have no contract details at the moment?

Thanks guys (Ross.)

I had my hub day on 3/2/11 and was called up on tuesday to be told I got through.

I was told they had start dates up untill 21st march and when is the earliest I could start. Also the contracts would be sent via email within 2 weeks.
First week of employment is spent at yarnfield park in stafford.
Reply 47
Mines in Staffordshire apparently. So you haven't got a contract either yet ? (must be the same place)

Is it the manage and install job ? (fibre optics with 15wks training involved)

kind regards ross.
Reply 48
If it is two wks then i can stop stressing cos ive phoned them yesterday and they said to hold fire. Youve got the job etc but they need to get contracts sorted...

(its just ive already handed notice in at work in order to give myself a month b4 the start date)
Reply 49
Original post by Hazharry

I wouldn't have thought a holiday will affect there decision tbh. They have start dates every week up untill the 21st march I am led to believe.

Thanks guys (Ross.)

I had my hub day on 3/2/11 and was called up on tuesday to be told I got through.

I was told they had start dates up untill 21st march and when is the earliest I could start. Also the contracts would be sent via email within 2 weeks.
First week of employment is spent at yarnfield park in stafford.
Reply 50
Mines in Staffordshire apparently. So you haven't got a contract either yet ? (must be the same place)

Is it the manage and install job ? (fibre optics with 15wks training involved)

kind regards ross.

Every goes to this place http://www.yarnfieldpark.com/

Yeah thats the apprenticeship that they are offering at the moment.

If it is two wks then i can stop stressing cos ive phoned them yesterday and they said to hold fire. Youve got the job etc but they need to get contracts sorted...

(its just ive already handed notice in at work in order to give myself a month b4 the start date)

I'm sure they said 2 weeks I haven't got mine yet as they literally told me yesterday that I had the job so it's a case of them getting all the paperwork together and emailing it to you.
Reply 51
Thanks mate.
Reply 52
hey i was at the hub in leeds on the 21st janurary. i got into the interview part in the afternoon , i also had my sizes taken and my picture. however, i am yet to hear back from them, does anybody know how long they take to contact you? and is it by phone or email?
Reply 53
You should get a call if you get it. But they said up to two weeks after to me pal.
Reply 54
do you know if they call you even if u dont get it? when was your hub?
Reply 55
Tbh i think they email you if you dont.
Its just a waiting game at the mo.
Reply 56
My hub was 31st of jan btw!
Reply 57
oh right , yeh well iv been waiting 2 weeks now, so just want to know whats going on to be honest.
Reply 58
hey guys i had my hub day on the 21st of jan i did the group interview and then stayed on to do the face to face interview. i got a phone call from the hub day manager on the 8/2/11 which was about two days ago he didn tell me if i had the job or not but said if i could give him a update on when i will receive my plumbing level 2 6129 certificates as this makes up my 5 gcse ???? does any one know what these means do i or do i not have the job i am not sure lol??????
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
Hi

Got a hub day tomorrow in Coventry, anyone know what the day consists of specifically? Questions that may be asked?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending