The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i used to hate her for no reason at all eventhough i like music like that. then suddenly (literally) i liked her music. haha. weird hmm? was possibly becase of her song 'the writer' suchhh a good song... but anyway, ye everybody has random artists who they dont like : ) ...and i wouldnt say shes ugly, she just has a different look to the average music artist : )
I think she's pretty, but she sounds soo peculiar when she sings and i can't quite point out why...
Reply 42
Come on then OP. You feel confident enough to slam other peoples looks online, so post a picture up and let us do the same.
She has a nice voice. I thought Starry Eyed was a tune, didn't get the whole your song thing though, that one should stay with Elton.

She's pretty fit as well, not sure about the side shave thing she has now though. I sense OP is just jealous, the fact you could hate someone that you've never met because they sing a song a certain way is absurd.
(edited 13 years ago)
i literally felt like sobbing when i heard her version of your song- worst cover of any song, ever.
Reply 45
I hate her. Can't bear how she massacred 'Your Song'. I hate her lack of singing ability, all she does is talk. She also always looks a mess.

'Starry-Eyed' is a catchy song but the vocals are terrible.
SOR-RY if you don't agree, but Ellie Goulding is lovely.
Even if you don't like her singing, you don't exactly know her in person and from what you can see from interviews and live shows, she's got a great personality and is hard working!
After all, if she wasn't, she wouldn't be so successful in the music industry as it's tough out there.
Yes, she's not reaallllly skinnnny or 'model material' in your eyes, but everyone's different! She's an inspiration if I'm honest :smile:
Reply 47
I just google imaged her, and she's quite attractive looking in a forgettable way. But she wears those annoying "geek" glasses which I don't like.
I personally think she's just a less attractive, less talented version of Little Boots.
Original post by aeterno
You're pretty pathetic for hating someone based on superficial qualities. If you don't like her music, simply don't listen to it and grow the **** up while you're at it.

Couldnt have said it better myself. :biggrin:

OP I happen to enjoy Ellie Goulding's music, but I am aware thats she is not everyone's cup of tea. It is not your place to call her unattractive just because you do not like her music.
Original post by nohomo
I just google imaged her, and she's quite attractive looking in a forgettable way. But she wears those annoying "geek" glasses which I don't like.

I know what you mean about those glasses.

It's only hot when people have to wear them. :biggrin:
I think she's beautiful, has a unique voice and is totally REAL, unlike most artists these days.
Reply 52
Fair enough you don't like her music but how can you hate someone you've never met? :lolwut:

It's also pretty mean calling her ugly.

EDIT: This thread is really old...
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know, but my parents call her 'Ellie ice cream' because she is like a happy little girl :smile:
Reply 54
She ha no range for a singer
Why did I even click this thread? D:
You hate her because she's ugly? If i judged the bands i listen to by their looks, i'd have to stop listening to my music.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
I don't think I could name a song she's done, to be honest, and Google Images tells me she's probably pretty ugly under the stage make-up. Also for some reason the way her second name is spelled makes me explode in deep burning hatred.

I don't feel strongly about her though, like I say I've barely noticed her/jaded about music in general. I assume she's probably got the voice of an angel, mind.
Reply 58
It's weird there's such a sudden interest in this thread..

I think she's pretty hot as well!
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
does anybody feel the same way? or is it just me? aha.
her voice is absolutely awful, she somehow is in a relationship with greg james and she is ugly. soz, but this is my opinion remember and i'm simply expressing it.

here come the neg reps :frown:

Ellie Goulding is awesome. If I could erase the pain, maybe you'd feel the same; I'd do it all for you... I would, I would, I would.

Latest