The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone wanna help me, I'm in the same position.. But not at uni... I'm 15, Please do not judge as I feel bad enough! Most of the girls in my year have lost their V. And for some stupid reason I told my friends that I had lost mine, when I was 14! But I haven't I just wanted to sound cool, and some of my friends had and since I hadn't done much with a boy I just ended up saying it! I don't know wether to confess! Because I only have a year left so I won't know most of them when I go of to collage they will probe forget all about it? Or that people might end up asking the boy if it's true or not. And me looking like a completely stuped person and everyone hating me. It haunts me all the time and I get nervous when I feel like he will find out and then everyone will hate me for lying! I know this is such a bad thing but I don't know what to do I need some good advice wich means that everyone won't hate me! Please don't judge I know my self its a bad thing but it's a huge weight in my shoulders! My friends don't even believe me anyway but if I told them I was lying they would think of me as such a terrible person! What do I do pleaseeeee help! I wanted to loose my V to someone really special although I was seeing the guy at the time we never even met up, that's why I'm worried if someone asks him it's gonna make me seem awful.. HELPPP
Reply 21
Original post by Kirsty76339
Anyone wanna help me, I'm in the same position.. But not at uni... I'm 15, Please do not judge as I feel bad enough! Most of the girls in my year have lost their V. And for some stupid reason I told my friends that I had lost mine, when I was 14! But I haven't I just wanted to sound cool, and some of my friends had and since I hadn't done much with a boy I just ended up saying it! I don't know wether to confess! Because I only have a year left so I won't know most of them when I go of to collage they will probe forget all about it? Or that people might end up asking the boy if it's true or not. And me looking like a completely stuped person and everyone hating me. It haunts me all the time and I get nervous when I feel like he will find out and then everyone will hate me for lying! I know this is such a bad thing but I don't know what to do I need some good advice wich means that everyone won't hate me! Please don't judge I know my self its a bad thing but it's a huge weight in my shoulders! My friends don't even believe me anyway but if I told them I was lying they would think of me as such a terrible person! What do I do pleaseeeee help! I wanted to loose my V to someone really special although I was seeing the guy at the time we never even met up, that's why I'm worried if someone asks him it's gonna make me seem awful.. HELPPP

Try to keep things in perspective. :smile: It's not a big deal. Just move on from it and if anyone asks you in future if you've had sex, you can say the truth. If someone calls you out then just say you lied because you were embarrassed. People won't hate you for that. People lie all the time - especially teenagers wanting to fit in.
If they're your true friends they won't mind and you don't need to lie to them :smile:
Original post by notoriousoxon
If they're your true friends they won't mind and you don't need to lie to them :smile:

This helped me and made me feel soooo much better Thankyou so much!
Original post by miser
Try to keep things in perspective. :smile: It's not a big deal. Just move on from it and if anyone asks you in future if you've had sex, you can say the truth. If someone calls you out then just say you lied because you were embarrassed. People won't hate you for that. People lie all the time - especially teenagers wanting to fit in.

Thankyou so much, this helped me and made me feel better
Reply 25
I think you can confess if you want. It's no big deal for a girl since everyone knows they could do it if they wanted and anyway you did everything but. Or just leave it as it is and make it a reality.
Reply 26

I'm not so sure about the bold point as they claim it but is it really true? I don't think majority of people have, not the full experience.
Reply 27
Thankyou so much, this helped me and made me feel better

You're welcome. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous
Basically we all went to university, and I was the only one that was still a virgin - it was/is a massive weight on my shoulders as my sex drive is pretty high and I've experimented sexually with quite a few people, so I don't feel typically "pure" or whatever.
I am really ashamed of myself that I let peer pressure get to me, because I only want to have sex when I'm in a relationship with someone I care about, and vice versa. When we came home at Christmas I lied to four of my friends that I had had a one night stand in the first term of university, and lied to three of my friends at uni about having had a ONS before uni.
I can't hardly believe I did, but I was so scared that they would think I was some sort of weirdo who couldn't get any, while my friends at home have all had more than 1 sexual partner and 1 serious relationship, and I felt like a freak everytime we talked about these things - so in a way it was a relief to tell them I had had sex. (also I had planned to sleep with this one guy I met at uni but it didn't happen, which persuaded me further to tell my friends it had)
A part of me wants to confess - it would easier to say something to my friends at uni - the guy I said I had had sex with I had actually done everything but. But my friends at home might despise me for lying - I despise myself.

Should I tell them?

NNo. You have done what you have done. The real question is - what can you learn from this experience? that giving in to peer pressure is stupid? that your sex life is really nobody else's business ? that you can now say that you have a more mature approach to sexual matters that will increase yiur chances of finding the right person for a long term relationship rather than the casual relationships that you don't seem to want? Remember people who want a commited long term relationship but who can't keep their underwear on after a few dates will not get what they want!
Your friends shouldn't get mad at you for lying, peer pressure is a difficult one. I had a friend lie to me about his sex life for YEARS, because he didn't feel ready to share it. It is your personal information afterall. If they are your friends, they will respect you whatever you chose. Hope this helps.
Reply 30
Original post by mgi
NNo. You have done what you have done. The real question is - what can you learn from this experience? that giving in to peer pressure is stupid? that your sex life is really nobody else's business ? that you can now say that you have a more mature approach to sexual matters that will increase yiur chances of finding the right person for a long term relationship rather than the casual relationships that you don't seem to want? Remember people who want a commited long term relationship but who can't keep their underwear on after a few dates will not get what they want!

OP won’t need help anymore, this was 8 years ago.
Thread locked, it is 8 years old.

Latest

Trending

Trending