University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Foundation year 2011/12 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Thanks for answering!

Okey, that sounds good, 100 more places is always a good thing.. (:

Actually I haven't applied to other schools, at least not in the UK. I am going to apply for two different schools in Sweden though (I am Swedish), focused on fashion and textiles. They also have good reputation, but I've been dreaming about CSM since I was 16, I'm 24 now so....I also applied for the fashion and textiles pathway. I really hope I get in, but it is hard. I hope WE get anyway!

How did you build your portfolio?

L
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I just put 4 sketchbook with final piece (one of my sketchbook was a personal sketchbook. and my textiles folder which has 3 projects in it. I took out some of the work which i thought wasnt that strong and really put forward my ideas and thoughts.
You?

It is very frustrating to wait soo long for a reply. I just want to know now so i can decided what my next step is.
Of course i really want to get in as it is my dream school as well.

Anyway hope all the best for both of us and to those who have applied :smile: x
Original post by NikolaiP.
hey..did you know when she applied? :smile:

good luck with your ccw application!

she applied stupidly early.. and i think so, she got an A at AS and won a designers award in the times or something when she was 15, though apparently ccw are rejecting first, and so maybe csm are doing the same? x
[QUOTE="cocacola123;30135842"]
Original post by rdblodeuwedd
erm, she got a letter i think, i saw it on her facebook..
and no, i applied to ccw as i preferred that one.. good luck though :smile:[/QUOTE
Are you deffo sure it was for the foundation? Just seems odd that out of everyone I know whose applied and everyone on here that she is the only one who has been offered a place... Is she really amazing at art? In your opinion.

yeah it was the foundation she was rejected from the degree for not having a foundation..
and i lie, she got lcf, sorry
Original post by rdblodeuwedd
and i lie, she got lcf, sorry

Ahhh was worried that they'd started giving out offers! Thought it was going to be LCF! I have a feeling that letters will come tomorrow.. Fingers crossed anyway! I can't handle this waiting anymore, it's horrible. I don't get why it takes so long! Also, you know how we got those sheets with the criteria that they Mark us out of 5 for, for each category, well I was thinking that surely theres going to be loads of people who get the same score so how would they go about that? Like there's going to be a load of people who get rejected who would have had the same score as some of the people who get offers. Hmmm
Reply 106
I read somewhere that other uni's is starting to make names for themselves as well, thats good beacause there a lot of young students applying to csm just beacause they heard of the name.

I have read some negative things about csm teaching, but I think it's what you make of it and that you'r prepared to work for it. I mean that will help you in the end, if you want to work in the creative area you must learn your own strength and trust your own work and ideas.

I think we will get the results around the 18 th of March.

L
Reply 107
Original post by cocacola123

Ahhh was worried that they'd started giving out offers! Thought it was going to be LCF! I have a feeling that letters will come tomorrow.. Fingers crossed anyway! I can't handle this waiting anymore, it's horrible. I don't get why it takes so long! Also, you know how we got those sheets with the criteria that they Mark us out of 5 for, for each category, well I was thinking that surely theres going to be loads of people who get the same score so how would they go about that? Like there's going to be a load of people who get rejected who would have had the same score as some of the people who get offers. Hmmm

Do they send reply's on Saturdays? What pathway did you applied for? (:
How come the 18th of March?
I thought the 25th of Feb cause that seems to be around the date that other years got letters but Obvs. not :frown: Yeah I'm getting quite concerned about all these bad reviews about it! But the way I look at it is that when you visit like the big famous galleries, nearly all the artists have attended one of the well-known art colleges in london, (Slade, Royal Accademy, CSM, Goldsmiths...etc) So they must be doing something right! Although, i've found a few famous artists who were rejected from these colleges originally, like M.I.A. (even though she later got accepted) who have done really well for themselves.
Well if they send letters out today then it may come tomorrow, but everyday I think it's going to come and it never does! I get so nervous going to look at the post haha. Fine art :smile: You??
Reply 110
Original post by jsoul

I think we will get the results around the 18 th of March.

L

oh, how do you know?
Reply 111
I don't know if it's the 18 th of March, just know that the majority of the results would show up in the middle of March, I have read it somewhere, then I just guessed the 18 th! Haha! To have something to wait for, to make every day a little bit easier, haha. See it this way, I read that they sent the most of the rejections first...so the longer the wait the better? Haha, the wait is so painful. Which pathways have you guys apllied for? And are you all from the UK?

L
Reply 112

Well if they send letters out today then it may come tomorrow, but everyday I think it's going to come and it never does! I get so nervous going to look at the post haha. Fine art :smile: You??

I know! I'm from Sweden so It will take longer for me to get the results anyway, do you know if they send rejections with the post as well? I have chosen fashion and textiles! (:
Ahh cool :smile: i've heard csm is known best for its fashion so bet the course would be amazing! The fashion was deffo the highlight of the grad show last year when I went anyway! Yeah I think so, ccw deffo do so i guess it would be the same as they are all UAL, although they are so unreliable that i'm worried they won't even bother sending me a letter as they didnt originally send me an invitation for a review. Good luck anyway!!

Amd yeah i'm from the UK :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 114
In Sweden everything is always very organized regarding schools and uni's, and it's free to study here as well. It would be cool if we both got in! I lived in the UK in 2009, in Brighton! Loved it! (:

L
What made you choose england then if its free in Sweden?? Sounds like we should all go there for Uni haha! Yeah love Brighton! Is CSM quite well-known in Sweden too? Yeah hopefully see you in september!!
Reply 116
Well, I've been dreaming about CSM for a very long time. In Sweden Fashion is not really a part of the historic culture like in England, France and Italy if you know what I mean. We have a lot of talented designers though. But the education and school's are very narrow, and I don't like how the courses is structured. Most of them are private, the creative courses are the ones that you often have to pay for. But almost every UNI is free, and there is maybe one or two courses in fashiondesign at those. It's free to study but you often have to get study loan to be able to afford rent and stuff. If I would be accepted at csm I'll get a loan that covers everything, about 750 pounds each month.

Oh yes I really hope so! Then I'll just have to figure out where to live! Haha

L
Reply 117
What made you choose england then if its free in Sweden?? Sounds like we should all go there for Uni haha! Yeah love Brighton! Is CSM quite well-known in Sweden too? Yeah hopefully see you in september!!

Fogot, Yes CSM is very well knowned her, at least among the design and art people :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by jsoul
I don't know if it's the 18 th of March, just know that the majority of the results would show up in the middle of March, I have read it somewhere, then I just guessed the 18 th! Haha! To have something to wait for, to make every day a little bit easier, haha. See it this way, I read that they sent the most of the rejections first...so the longer the wait the better? Haha, the wait is so painful. Which pathways have you guys apllied for? And are you all from the UK?

L

oh right haha! I had that kind of thinking when I read on TSR that people were getting offers at the end of February last year but I guess we could hear from them any time in March too. I was just wishfully thinking it would be sooner hehe. Yeah, i'm from the UK. and diagnostic :smile:
might be good that you haven't heard, cause i went to ccw a week ago and already heard (it was bad) so maybe they're doing the acceptances last?

Quick Reply