The Student Room Group

Hellooooo! Hoping to study Paramedic Science

Hello!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :smile:...
My names Lauren and I have applied to UCLAN, LJMU, Staffordshire and Edge Hill for Paramedic Science/Practice for September 2011.
I've had an offer for an interview for Staffordshire woop woop! Still waiting to hear from the other three though.
Anyone else applying for these uni's for this course? or had an interview recently?
Ive found loads of information on this site!!
Anyhoooo would love to hear from anyone who is applying for the 2011 intake :smile: xxxx
Reply 1
Original post by LaurenSwan
Hello!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :smile:...
My names Lauren and I have applied to UCLAN, LJMU, Staffordshire and Edge Hill for Paramedic Science/Practice for September 2011.
I've had an offer for an interview for Staffordshire woop woop! Still waiting to hear from the other three though.
Anyone else applying for these uni's for this course? or had an interview recently?
Ive found loads of information on this site!!
Anyhoooo would love to hear from anyone who is applying for the 2011 intake :smile: xxxx

Hiiii :smile:
I've applied for Paramedic Science this year too. I applied to UWE, Portsmouth, Staffordshire, Coventry, Northampton and Swansea. I was rejected from UWE and Portsmouth, still waiting for a reply from Northampton and I've got interviews for the other three (YAY)! :biggrin:
When's your interview for Staffordshire? Mine's on 15th of Feb :smile:
This site is great, found so much helpful info on here!
Reply 2
Hey :smile:

I've applied to study Paramedic Science at Greenwich, Hertfordshire, SGUL, Northampton and UWE. Got rejected from Greenwich and Hertfordshire and had interviews at Northampton and SGUL. I got a biographical questionnaire from UWE but still waiting to here back :frown:!

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jooooshie
Hey :smile:

I've applied to study Paramedic Science at Greenwich, Hertfordshire, SGUL, Northampton and UWE. Got rejected from Greenwich and Hertfordshire and had interviews at Northampton and SGUL. I got a biographical questionnaire from UWE but still waiting to here back :frown:!

Good luck with your application :smile:

What was the interview with Northampton like?
What kind of stuff were you asked? I have an interview Monday so just trying to prepare some answers so I'm not stuck in the interview.

Good luck with your applications, especially UWE. It was my first choice but its the most competitive course to get a place on which is probably why I got rejected straight away.
Reply 4
Original post by Alex27
What was the interview with Northampton like?
What kind of stuff were you asked? I have an interview Monday so just trying to prepare some answers so I'm not stuck in the interview.

Good luck with your applications, especially UWE. It was my first choice but its the most competitive course to get a place on which is probably why I got rejected straight away.

The interview was pretty standard, quite short too. It was a panel interview and they basically asked why I wanted to be a paramedic, how the role was changing, what my understanding of the ambulance service was, etc.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Alex27
Hiiii :smile:
I've applied for Paramedic Science this year too. I applied to UWE, Portsmouth, Staffordshire, Coventry, Northampton and Swansea. I was rejected from UWE and Portsmouth, still waiting for a reply from Northampton and I've got interviews for the other three (YAY)! :biggrin:
When's your interview for Staffordshire? Mine's on 15th of Feb :smile:
This site is great, found so much helpful info on here!

Helloo :smile: mine is on the 7th February for Staffordshire;
what have you been doing for preparation for it? i'm just trying to get my fitness up and research as much as I can :smile:
I know its great! I've found looooads of information out on here! x
Reply 6
Hey I'v also applied for the course at Coventry, Worcester, Staffs, Edge Hill and Hallam.
I have an interview at coventry on the 16th Feb and have been unsuccessful at Hallam but have heard nothing from the others yet... I'm trying to find information on the group interview at coventry if anybody has any?
Reply 7
I've had an interview at Greenwich and have one for St Georges at the beginning of March. Also another one for the 2 year Greenwich course in two weeks time. Haven't heard from Brighton yet and been reject by Surrey. Good luck everyone.
Reply 8
I had an interview at Hallam on the 31/1, and one at Stafford on 1/2. Also got invites to LJMU, Edge Hill, and UCLAN.

Heard last week that I had got through to the next stage at Stafford, which is a fitness test etc.

Sheffield Hallam told us on the day that if we weren't in the top 35 from that day, we'd get rejection on UCAS, and if we were in the top 35 then we had to wait til after the next day on the 28th Feb, then they'd let us know, however, just got an unconditional offer from Hallam which was where I wanted to be!!! WOOOOO!!

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 9
aw congrats webby :smile:

I got an interview at stafford on 3/3 and one at edge hill on the 7/3. Bit worried about the fitness test for edge hill as not quite sure what to expect!! haha :smile: got one for worcester on 28/4, seems like an all day thing, not sure what to expect either! rejected from sheffield though and havent heard back from oxford brookes yet! eeks.

Was at an interview for stafford last year, interview was quite casual and the staff were lovely and very friendly. Unfortunately didnt get an offer though hence the gap year! Hopefully it'l be second time lucky =/

Good luck everybody =D
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lalalouise
Hi, I have an interview at Swansea next week for Paramedic Science... does anyone have any useful tips? re: questions etc... thanks x

Good luck. They're really nice there. Can't remember the questions though!!
Original post by lalalouise
aw thanks! I'm really nervous - rang them up and they say there are no tests and it one to one? I applied late in the day so am playing catch up. Are you on a course at the moment?

Yeah, they do a short talk on the course then have an interview you to 2 interviewers.
Nope not on a course, just applying.

Quick Reply

Latest