The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Annora
Burning CDs and DVDs on the other hand...

Ah, so you'll burn cd and dvd forms of justin bieber.

That's better.
Reply 61
Ignorance is not bliss.
Reply 62
Burn it if you want, just do it in the privacy of your home.
Reply 63
I don't care what you do, just know that it's not the book that's the problem - if only it were that simple huh
Original post by benzene
The Qur'an is a sexist, homophobic, violent and hateful publication. They're not my opinions, they're simply facts. Such instances are stated explicitly in it. Thus, I would happily burn it in the same way I would happily burn a BNP manifesto. In principle there is absolutely no difference. The problem is though that because Islam is a *religion*, it seems to demand an exaggerated level of respect from society. People are scared to criticise it in fear of being labelled "racist". So much so that in the UK, Qur'an burning is in fact illegal as it constitutes "incitement of racial hatred", which is a criminal offence. Do you agree or disagree with the law?

If you get to brun the Quran, Imma shotgun the bible!
Reply 65
Original post by im so academic
Tbf lots of people do things against the law. :dontknow:

Yes, they do.
What you've just pointed out is meaningless and entirely irrelevant to the question.
Go for it, OP. If the Quran is yours then please burn it.
Original post by Clubber Lang
Its not illegal to burn it.

Its illegal to burn it in such a way that would wind people up.

This
Original post by Benammieh

Original post by Benammieh
Make love not war

What? Even gay love? :eek:
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus

Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
Go for it, OP. If the Quran is yours then please burn it.

Precisely.

It is all a question of property rights.
Reply 70
Original post by benzene
The Qur'an is a sexist, homophobic, violent and hateful publication. They're not my opinions, they're simply facts. Such instances are stated explicitly in it. Thus, I would happily burn it in the same way I would happily burn a BNP manifesto. In principle there is absolutely no difference. The problem is though that because Islam is a *religion*, it seems to demand an exaggerated level of respect from society. People are scared to criticise it in fear of being labelled "racist". So much so that in the UK, Qur'an burning is in fact illegal as it constitutes "incitement of racial hatred", which is a criminal offence. Do you agree or disagree with the law?

I'm not a Muslim, but burning the Qur'an aint gonna do jack ****. It would make YOU evil. So if you believe you are the better human than Muslims, you should behave that way.
Reply 71
Original post by Lord Hysteria
What? Even gay love? :eek:

Pahaha!

To be honest rather than buring the qur'an you might aswell get rid of lindsay lohan OP whilst your at it. She has caused more problems me thinks!
Go die you ****ing pikey!
Enemy BNP is up our rational thought is offline.
OP is so groundbreaking and intelligent. I want to be just like him.

yeah, right.
Original post by zxh800
"Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings." - Heinrich Heine

well you should only put a moderate amount of petrol on then stand back
Reply 76
I believe that burning ANY religious scripture is wrong. You know, if you do burn the Holy Qur'an, it's not going to stop muslims from reading it. You're not going to change anything, you're not going to prove anything either. Islam will still continue but so will Christianity as well all the other faiths. And even when you and I, and everyone else dies, the Earth will still rotate, without a care in the world about who lived or did what, or had what opinion, etc.

Terrorists and Suicide bombers are the types of people who when they fall down from a little fist fight, pull out guns and flaming bazookas. I'm going to say that you're view isn't really much different to theirs, in terms of extremism and exhibiting your feelings.

Those who follow the Islamic faith, let me just say don't be offended or disgusted by this person's views. Only God can judge this person, and give him what he/she deserves. Fortunately, God is all forgiving too, and I pray that God can guide this person and forgive him/her.
And to those who don't believe in God - I wish by no means to direct this as a personal attack in any way. This person has really strong feelings, and just let them be. They're in their own world with their own opinion - let's just all go back to ours.

Personally, I wish you could go back to Kekule's dream and never be born, hehe. These types of threads just come and go, and in the words of Ingrid Michealson, "I close my blinds...."
you give chemistry a bad name
Reply 78
now that homosexuality is legal they might aswel make everything else legal
Op You are so right

Latest

Trending

Trending