The Student Room Group

Motorbiker lifts weights.

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the messages guys.

She's going to be alright. Getting Surgery on sunday or monday.

Hitting strongman gym tomorrow morning then heading to gf's house for a day then to devon on sunday.

Will be without gym for a week or so but will get them functional training gains by helping out round the farm.
Original post by Motorbiker
My dad accidentally hit my mum today with a chain harrow and has broken her leg in at least three places.

It looks a bit like this and is SLIGHTLY wider than the quad being used to drag it.

Hit her and flipped her over. She was air ambulance'd off to hospital.

I've rung and will probably be going to help out but need to chat with my dad first.

May well be a few weeks off training.

/QUOTE]

Ouch :hugs:. Regards, and I wish her the speediest of recoveries. I also hope you're coping okay :console:.
Log one clean and strict press,
34*5,44*5,54*4,
clean and pp,
64 *2,
71.5*6, 4, 6RM PB
Aiming for at least 5 so happy ish. Wanted seven though.

maxle,
50*2, 60*1, 70*1, 80*1, 85*1,
87.5*1, video'd.
Dat FTOH pb. And equaled best ever push press. 90 soon.

Arm over arm,
+80*20m,
+190*10m,
+170*10m, dead,
190 was impossible.

Weird blue carry thing,
72kg *60m, 60m.

Stones,
50 to high platform for lulz ,
74*1,
tacky on,
90*1, 106*1,
120*1, GIANT PB.
so happy. Toughest thing ever

Literally got it up to roughly knee height then managed to wedge it between knees and platform. Then rolled it onto the knees and into lap then it was an easy finish. Matt told me to just drop it when wedged and I was like no, this Is coming up today. Ended up doing a paused frontie for like 10 seconds plus with it on knees then in lap. Thanks to Lloyd renals for his advice last week of using oly shoes. Definitely helped in the bottom position.
(edited 10 years ago)
http://youtu.be/tjdFpLMUIxQ

87.5kg FTOH pb. Uneven lockout since one tyre is slightly lighter than the other.
Different gym, was at my strongman gym, squatting and pressing with those squat stands on a platform with giant bumpers. Looked hilarious. Looked like I was squatting giant weight.

Squats,

20*8, 70*5, 100*3,
belt on, 130*3,
145*5, 5, 5, 3*5 pb,
After over a week off and in a different gym I went for the cheeky pb.

Press,

20*5, 40*4, 50*3, 60*1,
70*2f, 1,
60*6,
Should have got third first set but a double is a pb.

Seated db press,
20*10, 9, 8,

then pissed about with dips, pull ups, curls 10kg *20,etc
(edited 10 years ago)
71.5kg*6 Log Clean and push press from last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frt1TwknjDw

Plates were coming off a bit after 5 so pushed them back on then got another than failed 7th. It's alright. Got 70kg in comp in June. Want a decent 8 or 9 reps by then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sywo0nSxElU

My only training from when home.

Threw an empty 10kg keg over a 4m high invisible piece of string.
Much impressiveness here :awesome:
Original post by Slowbro93
Much impressiveness here :awesome:

Thanks. In tomorrow evening for fronties/Bench/Deadlifts.

Fairly consistent training has led to gains but even my 9 days off didn't do me too much harm judging by the small squat/press PBs first session back.
Pausie Fronties, 20*8, 60*3, 90*2, 110*1,With recital, 120*1, 10kg Recital PB 131*1, 1kg pausie frontie Pb i think and another big recital PB. Beating someone off sugden by 1kg. Bench, 20*5, 40*5, 60*3, 80*2, 93*3, 90*4, 80*6, 5, 70*5, Meh, Crap but still got in dat volume, Deadlifts, doh, 70 *3, 90*3, 110*3, 130*2, belt on, mixed, 150 *1, 160*1, 177*2, 2nd terrible, 150*3, nice lifts.
Yesterdays session

Squats
20 *8, 60*4, 80*3, 100 *2,
belt on,
120*1, 1, 135*1,
150*4,3
145*3,
crap, couldn't squat right today.
Each rep felt weird.

Press
20*5, 30*3, 40*2, 55*1,
65*5,
5RM
pb, ugly and grindy. Mainly got it because i was so pissed off at the crap squat i just monged the crap out of it. Could have done it easier with nicer form in a better mood

Trap bar deads,
60*5, 100*3, 130*3, 150*1,
170*1,
belt on,
170*1,
if anything harder with belt on due to the angle i find myself bending to to do these damn lifts. Due to my Trex arms and the handles being so wide i have to be a few inches lower than for a normal deadlift so the start sucks.

Seated Db press
22*10,10,10, 18*10,

db curlz
Pausie Fronties, 20*8, 60*3, 90*2, 110*1,With recital, 120*1, 10kg Recital PB 131*1, 1kg pausie frontie Pb i think and another big recital PB. Beating someone off sugden by 1kg.

I love these names :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
65kg *5 Strict press video

5RM PB but 4kg below my 4RM.

Crap form as i was pissed off.

First set of squats. Only got 4. Wanted 5 but 4th was grindy.

2nd set of squats. Was paying a large amount of attention to getting a big breath in. Bracing myself against my belt, then squatting. First two reps look solid then third sucks.

Thoughts/opinions? It's like i forgot how to squat tbh. Probably just a bad day mixed with some overthinking it but they sucked.

It is cool that you video your troubled sets. Good idea really.

Do you find the belt and ankle support thing helps significantly with your lifting?
Looks like the bar position is a bit lower on you than I'm used to seeing in these videos - but that might just be camera angle. Other than that, it just looks like your torso is dipping forward more (would be explained by the bar position) and you're bringing your hips back on the way up to compensate for the offset to your balance.

You're probably just feeling a bit mentally out of it. With all the stress recently and you constantly working maximally and going for PBs, it's not surprising!
Should you not exhale whilst pushing up rather than at the top?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
It is cool that you video your troubled sets. Good idea really.

Do you find the belt and ankle support thing helps significantly with your lifting?

I find the troubled sets help teach you mroe than the good sets.

Belt helps a lot in squats yea. But i can squat decently without it. Ankle support thing? I have knee sleeves on. They're mainly a safety thing for doing stuff like Yoke but i like wearing them on squats as well.

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Looks like the bar position is a bit lower on you than I'm used to seeing in these videos - but that might just be camera angle. Other than that, it just looks like your torso is dipping forward more (would be explained by the bar position) and you're bringing your hips back on the way up to compensate for the offset to your balance.

You're probably just feeling a bit mentally out of it. With all the stress recently and you constantly working maximally and going for PBs, it's not surprising!

Thanks for the insight. It does look a bit lower.

Also, sometimes you just have bad days in the gym.
I find the troubled sets help teach you mroe than the good sets.

Belt helps a lot in squats yea. But i can squat decently without it. Ankle support thing? I have knee sleeves on. They're mainly a safety thing for doing stuff like Yoke but i like wearing them on squats as well.

I suppose so. Makes sense that.

Ah cool. I wasn't sure if it was a placebo thing. Sorry, I meant knees but typed something else stupidly. Thanks.

There are many myths I've heard since I've been at the gym. My old lifting buddy said that the balance wrist bracelet he wore helped improve balance. I couldn't find anything to support the product so I didn't buy it :tongue:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Reps4Jesus
Should you not exhale whilst pushing up rather than at the top?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exhaling releases abdominal tension and intra-abdominal pressure, so weakens the core. I definitely notice a marked difference squatting Valsava vs non-Valsalva.

Quick Reply

Latest