The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

major upset, no? I wonder how often Manchester have been knocked in the first round and by such a margin

inquest looming up there I reckon :smile:
I did well yesterday and was shocked by manchester's performance. I got 100 points so I myself would have beaten Manchester, which has never happened for me... But fair play to York

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes York. Fantastic performance, and (having written them off a bit beforehand) have a good chance imo.
Original post by Krollo
Should be clear. Thanks so much for doing this :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it still isnt clear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol it still isnt clear

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christ, this is getting embarrassing. I sincerely hope it works now. :tongue:
Original post by Krollo
Christ, this is getting embarrassing. I sincerely hope it works now. :tongue:

Lol finally. Also you must clear sent stuff aswell
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Yes York. Fantastic performance, and (having written them off a bit beforehand) have a good chance imo.

Why did you write them off a bit beforehand?
Original post by Xphoenix
I did well yesterday and was shocked by manchester's performance. I got 100 points so I myself would have beaten Manchester, which has never happened for me... But fair play to York

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very unusual for them to turn in such a poor performance. They must have felt quite bad afterwards, I can't imagine being in the Manchester team and not feeling a lot of pressure, given the team's outstanding recent history.
Original post by Dylank96
Why did you write them off a bit beforehand?

Not often do they get far. Not completely, but I thought they were a bit lackluster in the previous years (I think it was them anyway)
Not often do they get far. Not completely, but I thought they were a bit lackluster in the previous years (I think it was them anyway)

Other than a final appearance maybe 4 years ago, they haven't really done much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope Warwick shows up

Last year they were in the final.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I hope Warwick shows up

Is there a place to see who all of the televised entrant teams for this year are going to be? The Wikipedia page just tracks the shows and results as they come along.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Challenge_2015%E2%80%9316

The BBC site seems to do the same.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Is there a place to see who all of the televised entrant teams for this year are going to be? The Wikipedia page just tracks the shows and results as they come along.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Challenge_2015%E2%80%9316

The BBC site seems to do the same.

Maybe that's intentional to keep suspense
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Maybe that's intentional to keep suspense

Maybe that's what they think, but I don't see how it would reduce the suspense if we knew who all the starters this year are? It seems like if anything it might increase the sense of anticipation.
Paxo shocked by woman who knows answers to sports questions...
"Well DONE!" to Nottingham's Lilly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Other than a final appearance maybe 4 years ago, they haven't really done much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might have been thinking of swansea?
Original post by Dylank96
Last year they were in the final.

No, that was Magdalen v Gonville and Caius. Que Loveday and his 'happax legomenon' masterpiece.
No, that was Magdalen v Gonville and Caius. Que Loveday and his 'happax legomenon' masterpiece.

My mistake, they were in the final in 2011 and have usually seemed to do quite well every time they make an appearance.

Quick Reply

Latest