The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pomozki
yep, he must've got the vast majority of his team's points by himself, while one teammate didn't get a single question right and just nodded in agreement when her colleagues suggested something :wink:

hmmm it really needs at least two strong players to make a top team.
Original post by the bear
hmmm it really needs at least two strong players to make a top team.

It's really noticeable that the winning teams have at least two really strong people and the other two not that far behind.
Just saw last week's episode. Bungey from Catz is ridiculously fast. Wonder how far he can carry the team through the competition.
Original post by ClickItBack
Just saw last week's episode. Bungey from Catz is ridiculously fast. Wonder how far he can carry the team through the competition.

He is good.

Anyone else watch tonight's epi? Warwick vs Clare.
just watched last night"s show (I'm in Thailand, we're a few hours ahead so I watched it during brekkie!) - after a very good captain's knock last week I thought Page of Warwick was impressive. Is it an upset for Warwick to beat Clare?
Great show this week ! Obvs bear™ is v.v. sad at the result :cry2: but he salutes the excellent Worick playaz.

bear™ beat the brains with...

Worcester ( county shield with pears )

Essex ( swords )

Algeria, Libya ( roman ruins )

Kodaly

Zuleika Dobson

Mozart

Flip Flop

Tajikistan
Original post by pomozki
just watched last night"s show (I'm in Thailand, we're a few hours ahead so I watched it during brekkie!) - after a very good captain's knock last week I thought Page of Warwick was impressive. Is it an upset for Warwick to beat Clare?

Well, tbf, you would expect Warwick to be pretty good, so I wouldn't say it was an upset exactly, but it was definitely a good result for them. They are a good team.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, tbf, you would expect Warwick to be pretty good, so I wouldn't say it was an upset exactly, but it was definitely a good result for them. They are a good team.

well in that case I bow to your superior knowledge! Apart from Manchester I think it's an upset any time an Oxbridge team loses to someone else :smile:
Original post by pomozki
well in that case I bow to your superior knowledge! Apart from Manchester I think it's an upset any time an Oxbridge team loses to someone else :smile:

Ha, not that superior. Unless you count having watched far too many episodes as 'superior'. :blush:

Oxbridge teams often lose, they aren't coated in a special competition-defying stardust. :teehee:
Don't think there's been any surprises other than Manchester's first round exit... So far...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xphoenix
Don't think there's been any surprises other than Manchester's first round exit... So far...

The surprises only really start in the second round when teams that looked good in their first match lose unexpectedly (e.g. Leicester last year).
Sphincter Preservation AND Lapdogs in the 18th Century.

/settles back into sofa...
It was good tonight. I got 18, not bad.
Original post by jneill
Sphincter Preservation AND Lapdogs in the 18th Century.

/settles back into sofa...

That must have been a bet...
Original post by cole-slaw
That must have been a bet...

Well it has a nice ring to it.

:getmecoat:
Paxman saying 'bitch' and 'ass' was probably the highlight aha
Original post by cole-slaw
It was good tonight. I got 18, not bad.

Cool. :clap2: I only managed 16. :blush:

It was fun for me, because I work at QMUL currently, so I was kind of rooting for the team, they did well to start with and it was great having an all-female versus an all-male lineup.
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Paxman saying 'bitch' and 'ass' was probably the highlight aha

Lol, there's something about the way he does stuff like that, that he kind of enjoys the opportunity even whilst publicly being a bit sneery. :teehee:

Oxbridge teams seldom lose, they are coated in a special competition-defying stardust. :teehee:

enjoyable contest; i loved the Nuffield captain's name :colondollar:

bear™ beat the brains with...

Wuthering Heights

Bronowski

Cape Verde

Fumarole

Fortran

Endogamy.

:borat:
Lol, there's something about the way he does stuff like that, that he kind of enjoys the opportunity even whilst publicly being a bit sneery. :teehee:

this goes deeper into the subject :teehee:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/130608584429/nobody-could-quite-handle-this-university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending