The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rananagirl
Oh god I love it sososo much!!

My boyfriend and I watch it religiously every Monday, 'cause we're just that cool.

I love McComish from Magdalen, Oxford. Anybody else notice the milisecond before he says his answer where he appears to have some kind of beautiful epiphany and looks up to the heavens?

Fab.

Also, there is no better feeling than the uber-smugness when you know an answer none of the contestants did.

Hmm Im gonna watch for that tomorow night. I watch it religiously too along with my parents( I force them to). Its why I love mondays!
Original post by BeccaCath94
I LOVE UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE TOO!!! :biggrin:

Dont really have a favourite team this year, although we're still folloiwing York seen as though I live in York!!

Last year I had an obsession with Guttenplan...his team won! :biggrin:

I still have an obsession with guttenplan, theres a person on tsr who has spoken to him! AND he said hes pretty sure he has tsr!
Original post by bluesky42

Also Clemo vs. Haddad-Fonda AND Chan

they're quite easily my favorite boys of UC '11 this year, they're all so beautiful in their own ways :wink:
i have a special type of love for the imperial team from last year. they personified the word amazing. their team captain gilead amit was just the one. (L)
(edited 13 years ago)
I was soo sad when he got knocked out!!!

But my heart lies with Magdalen, Oxford. I love Haddad-Fonda and Chan :love:

Oh magdalen is soo international, there is an ausie and american a brit and a brit asian guy.
Original post by Destroyviruses
Hmm Im gonna watch for that tomorow night. I watch it religiously too along with my parents( I force them to). Its why I love mondays!

SAME! haha

Its nearly finished tho :frown: Only 2 weeks left
Magd are against Peterhouse, Cam.

It bothers me that I can never visualise them and when theyre on Im like Oh them!
Not this year as I don't own a TV and therefore forget.

I watched it for the last few years though, mainly to see how many questions I could get than because I cared who wins.
I still have an obsession with guttenplan, theres a person on tsr who has spoken to him! AND he said hes pretty sure he has tsr!

He was like a machine!! :biggrin: So glad he won!! :smile:
But I do miss him! :frown:
SAME! haha

Its nearly finished tho :frown: Only 2 weeks left

Aw I was so sad when it finished last year, but was surprised too because it came back on quicker than I expected!

We'll just watch funny youtube vids of them, have you seen any?
Reply 69

:eek:

HE HAS TSR?!

And yes University Challenge and Glee are the highlights of my Monday.
:eek:

HE HAS TSR?!

And yes University Challenge and Glee are the highlights of my Monday.

He did say he was certain but he said "pretty sure". EEEPp Lets set up a mission to find him! He has twitter though.
He was like a machine!! :biggrin: So glad he won!! :smile:
But I do miss him! :frown:

Me too! He had a very humble expression!
He did say he was certain but he said "pretty sure". EEEPp Lets set up a mission to find him! He has twitter though.

GUTTENPLAN HAS TWITTER?!?! OMG!!! I must find him! haha
Reply 75
You people are creepy :lol:
I want to go on it :blush:.
Reply 77

GUTTENPLAN HAS TWITTER?!?! OMG!!! I must find him! haha

I think this is him ---> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=317701

If you read posts 9 and 10 of this thread you will understand why I think this.

Am I a stalker or am I a stalker? :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 78
Not even guttenplan? Describe donnelly the name rings a bell.

No, not even Guttenplan!

Donnelly is the one on the York team with the long, long dark hair - and a lovely shy sweet smile. Studying Maths and Computing science, and hot on classical music too.
hope he doesn't read this.. or do I? haha. he's def. got a fan in me!!
Hahahaha :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest