The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Sexy Tecksy is very rememberable.
I want Monday to hurry up :frown:
Original post by gumball
I'm talking about the people as... themselves. Their dress sense, accent, tone etc. They just stuck out for me.

I wasn't part of that team, college or even University, but somehow I remembered them.

EDIT:

I see what you mean about their dress sense, so striking...
Original post by Ebolavirus

Da fuq is Tecks wearing in that picture? :lolwut:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I just remembered Gail Trimble!!!

Does anyone know where she is now? Probably some deadly investment banker or something. Perhaps she controls the world and has Obama and Cameron on puppet strings :biggrin:

She said she was going to finish her PhD in 2009, then have an "academic career" :pierre:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
She said she was going to finish her PhD in 2009, then have an "academic career" :pierre:

Don't be silly, she already rules the world. She goes home in the evening, opens up her toy box and finds David Cameron singing 'i'm like a puppet on a string'. :smile:
Da fuq is Tecks wearing in that picture? :lolwut:

By observation I deduct she is indeed wearing: nothing! :lolwut:
Don't be silly, she already rules the world. She goes home in the evening, opens up her toy box and finds David Cameron singing 'i'm like a puppet on a string'. :smile:

I want to go to a cosy Oxford pub with her of an evening :holmes:

Who's your man in your avatar?
I want to go to a cosy Oxford pub with her of an evening :holmes:

Who's your man in your avatar?

Hipocrates <3
Original post by Ebolavirus

It was a year ago. I couldn't remember what it actually was.

Orr is all-round epic though.
I always forgot the far right member of the Magdalen team, exceot he was really good at maths and science.

I loved, when they explain whom they are at the beginning, McComish and Haddad-Fonda came out with respective Australian and American accents, and then Chan, the captain, who looked Asian and probably the least British, came out with a royal posh accent, saying he was from Leamington Spa :colondollar:

They were also quite fashionable. Although I have to say, I've watched a few of the ancient episodes form the 50s on youtube and I am waiting for the day when an Oxbridge team comes out wearing the full academic garb. :love:

Plus, your sig :love: (I'm a little too affectionate don't you think? It's 16 btw, and Pi. I can't forgive you for not having Pi)

I loved Magdalen. It's a shame that they can't compete two years in a row-- I loved Chan!! :colondollar:
Original post by x8Charlotte8x
I loved Magdalen. It's a shame that they can't compete two years in a row-- I loved Chan!! :colondollar:

:lolwut:! Theyre not allowed to compete 2 years in a row?
Original post by Brand New Eyes

My thoughts! :lolwut: I wondered why I didn't see them.

Out of interest, can someone be on the team twice?

Or go on a diffent team if they move universities?

I just had a thought: Oxbridge medical students can do their clinical training at a the other, or a London university.

Imagine the treason if someone were to be on the Cambridge team, and then an Oxford one :lol:

Out of interest, can someone be on the team twice?

Or go on a diffent team if they move universities?

I just had a thought: Oxbridge medical students can do their clinical training at a the other, or a London university.

Imagine the treason if someone were to be on the Cambridge team, and then an Oxford one :lol:

Ian Bayley (Mastermind winner 2011) appeared on the show twice, reaching the second round for Imperial in 1996 and the quarter-finals for Balliol, Oxford in 2001. They've since changed the rules so that players can't go on twice, whether for the same institution or a different one :smile:

Original post by Brand New Eyes

Institutions can compete - and have competed - two years in a row; it's just individuals who can't go on twice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chess Piece Face
Ian Bayley (Mastermind winner 2011) appeared on the show twice, reaching the second round for Imperial in 1996 and the quarter-finals for Balliol, Oxford in 2001. They've since changed the rules so that players can't go on twice, whether for the same institution or a different one :smile:

That is so unfair!!! If you have a rubbish team then you can never have a better chance! :lolwut:

And what a treacherous *******************!
That is so unfair!!! If you have a rubbish team then you can never have a better chance! :lolwut:

And what a treacherous *******************!

I wonder what that curse word was....

can't wait for it, and then the Apprentice almost instantly after!!!!
24:00 minutes in.
Episode 17

His spider senses were tingling :teehee:
Original post by tsr-member
Episode 17

it appears its no longer available or something like that it daid. what happens at that time?
Original post by tsr-member
Episode 17

Hm I did watch your link this morning was it Cao sticking straight up when he know the question?

I could be wrong.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest