Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by olumide_apexking
i will be appearing on this show... on the topic of fifa 12 :wink:

That's Mastermind.... :sigh:
i got the Keats poem !!

must polish up my knowledge of South American geography though :wink:
I got 2/3 on the animals. \o/

Nothing beats knowledge of nematodes and earthworms.
I love it when Jeremy Paxman says "And it's goodnight from me, goodnight" at the end :biggrin:

I'd love to take part in university challenge, but some of the questions are mind blowing! I just end up blankly staring thinking "What???!!"
Original post by purple_starlight
I love it when Jeremy Paxman says "And it's goodnight from me, goodnight" at the end :biggrin:

I'd love to take part in university challenge, but some of the questions are mind blowing! I just end up blankly staring thinking "What???!!"

I think it's saddening some of the things some people know.

Especially those on literature and kings. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gumball
I think it's saddening some of the things some people know.

Especially those on literature and kings.
:biggrin:

I know! :smile:

It's mind-blowing! They have brains that are like sponges!

I'm the opposite though...I find it easier to remember literature, history, art and music. (I've realised recently that everything that I study at college is basially based upon stories, faith and myth...none of it is to do with any maths or science at all :smile: )

I am TERRIBLE at maths and science! hehe! I've tried to understand it but, no, never gonna happen.

Even though I prefer those certain subjects..it's incredible how much those guys know! They must of read nearly every book in the library by now. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by purple_starlight
I know! :smile:

It's mind-blowing! They have brains that are like sponges!

I'm the opposite though...I find it easier to remember literature, history, art and music. (I've realised recently that everything that I study at college is basially based upon stories, faith and myth...none of it is to do with any maths or science at all :smile: )

I am TERRIBLE at maths and science! hehe! I've tried to understand it but, no, never gonna happen.

Even though I prefer those certain subjects..it's incredible how much those guys know! They must of read nearly every book in the library by now. :biggrin:

I think a lot of it is visiting big manor houses and things like that as part of your youth, and a lot of exposure to that sort of information. Generally travelling the UK would help with the older history.

The (Biology questions at least) are typically only around A level standard apart from those on Latin species names.
Reply 1127
Original post by gumball
I think a lot of it is visiting big manor houses and things like that as part of your youth, and a lot of exposure to that sort of information. Generally travelling the UK would help with the older history.

The (Biology questions at least) are typically only around A level standard apart from those on Latin species names.

I learnt all the geography I needed to know for University Challenge by playing a lot of Football Manager.
Original post by around
I learnt all the geography I needed to know for University Challenge by playing a lot of Football Manager.

Hahaha excellent!
When searching for the Football Manager thread make sure it's the FM thread before you post, oops.
Is everyone looking forward to Christmas university challenge eps next week?
Christmas University Challenge, followed by ordinary University Challenge, followed by University Challenge vs. Only Connect....

:awesome:
Original post by Joseppea

Christmas University Challenge, followed by ordinary University Challenge, followed by University Challenge vs. Only Connect....

:awesome:

i'm so excited for it! :'D
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
i'm so excited for it! :'D

This is quite obviously the best way to spend the holidays :wink:
liv boereeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is quite obviously the best way to spend the holidays :wink:

Couldn't have said it any better.
Original post by keyboard-warrior
liv boereeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've fallen in love.
Original post by TheSingingMute
I've fallen in love.

so glad manchester went through lol
Got quite a few right today, and a fair few they didn't. Yay for philosophy questions.
Karran's hair :coma: I love it.

I expect an Oxbridge college to walk the final though, whoever makes it.

Quick Reply

Latest