The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Dr Gail Trimble came to our school to give a Classics lecture on Catullus 64 a few weeks back! Was so psyched! It was awesome as heck, and accompanied by dramatic music from the concert rehearsal next door :tongue:

And the man himself, Alex Guttenplan, went to my school! BEAT THAT! (However, I got in the year right after he left.) But I can still say that a University Challenge legend went to my school. I can envision a friend of mine, who is quite the general knowledge buff himself, following in his footsteps :biggrin:
Dr Gail Trimble came to our school to give a Classics lecture on Catullus 64 a few weeks back! Was so psyched! It was awesome as heck, and accompanied by dramatic music from the concert rehearsal next door :tongue:

And the man himself, Alex Guttenplan, went to my school! BEAT THAT! (However, I got in the year right after he left.) But I can still say that a University Challenge legend went to my school. I can envision a friend of mine, who is quite the general knowledge buff himself, following in his footsteps :biggrin:
I LOVE UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE! :love:

Rooting for UCL next Monday! :biggrin:

<3 x
Original post by Pandora.
:rofl: Grinyer was a legend. I just wish I could watch some of the earlier episodes from this series, because I can't find any clips of him on YouTube. :frown:

BBC iPlayer should create a dedicated section to his responses.
Bath hardly field a strong field !
Original post by JOR2010
I LOVED THAT CONTESTANT. Like when he answered 'the thirteen colonies' for some flag, and it actually turned out to be correct, but the researchers said it was wrong. His glare could have destroyed Paxman.

Grinyer seems like he has a disability. Is he autistic?
I'm sorry ok, but if Manchester win UC, I really don't know what I would do :/
Original post by Thegirlandherhair

UCL for UC 2011/12! :biggrin:
UCL for UC 2011/12! :biggrin:

Worcester>
Original post by rainbow_kisses
Worcester&gt;

Aah, I do have a soft spot for Worcester :love:
Original post by rainbow_kisses
Worcester&gt;

worcester, oxford :love:
Worcester Knapp :adore:
I actually got four questions right last night, which makes me very happy :smile:
Original post by wizardmunchahoy

Dr Gail Trimble is a tutor at my college and I see her pretty regularly around/in formal hall.

When I first saw her it was during Freshers' Week. I was really drunk and my friends had to stop me from asking her random University Challenge style questions. Not my finest hour :s-smilie:
Reply 1254
Original post by JOR2010
I LOVED THAT CONTESTANT. Like when he answered 'the thirteen colonies' for some flag, and it actually turned out to be correct, but the researchers said it was wrong. His glare could have destroyed Paxman.

It wasn't the thirteen colonies' flag, though. (See?)

Original post by Thegirlandherhair

Why? :s-smilie:
Original post by bhogs001
Grinyer seems like he has a disability. Is he autistic?

I've seen Grinyer near every single day of this week he gets on my train now :smile:
my boyfriend filmed his episode of UC on Friday :biggrin:

not allowed to say who won, but he's on the Imperial team :h:
UCL were really good today! Cook was on fire :biggrin:

I think he ran out of water too :tongue:
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
UCL were really good today! Cook was on fire :biggrin:

I think he ran out of water too :tongue:

I thought Cook was brilliant today too! I was worried about UCL at first but they really pulled ahead in the last 10-15 minutes.

Only 3 episodes left! :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
I thought Cook was brilliant today too! I was worried about UCL at first but they really pulled ahead in the last 10-15 minutes.

Only 3 episodes left! :eek:

I know. It was a shaky start but fortunately they won :biggrin:

I liked the Baliol College team too - their captain is really good! :biggrin:

This is going to be the first time I've watched the semis and the final! Yay me :woo: :excited:

Quick Reply

Latest