The Student Room Group

University Challenge

does anyone else watch it then? :smile:. i think i'm at the point where i have an unhealthy obsession with the show!
has anybody got a fave team this year then?

all comments/opinions appreciated xoxoxo
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
does anyone else watch it then?
Sometimes.
does anyone else watch it then? :smile:. i think i'm at the point where i have an unhealthy obsession with the show!

all comments/opinions appreciate xoxoxo

I LOVE UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE TOO!!! :biggrin:

Dont really have a favourite team this year, although we're still folloiwing York seen as though I live in York!!

Last year I had an obsession with Guttenplan...his team won! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I watch it, tis a good show, though it does worry me that I hold a degree, but still can't answer half the questions :P.

As for favourite teams, given that Liverpool never seem to pass the first round, I'm going with York (my brother's Uni).

One thing I don't like about it is that Oxbridge can sign up as different colleges, surely it should be one team for each Uni, just like all the other Unis
Reply 4

all comments/opinions appreciate xoxoxo

It's quality. I wanna know how you go about applying for it etc.

I'm hoping Oxford Brookes win it this year. Sherlaw-Johnson comes across as a knob, mind. Bolton - Sheffield is the contestant of the series BY FAR.
Reply 5
Oh god I love it sososo much!!

My boyfriend and I watch it religiously every Monday, 'cause we're just that cool.

I love McComish from Magdalen, Oxford. Anybody else notice the milisecond before he says his answer where he appears to have some kind of beautiful epiphany and looks up to the heavens?

Fab.

Also, there is no better feeling than the uber-smugness when you know an answer none of the contestants did.
(edited 13 years ago)
Sherlaw-Johnson does indeed seem a tit.

I've liked both Bristol and York so far, impressed with both :smile:
I see the York captain around campus all the time. :colone:
Original post by rainbow drops
I see the York captain around campus all the time. :colone:

Have you ever him/her how they actually go about revising for UC. The stuff they seem to know is insane and how much they remember! SOOOOOO WISH I had a memory like that :frown:
I watch it every Monday:biggrin::biggrin: I love UC!! but my fav guy got eliminated the Jackson guy from Cambridge he knows a lot hah.
But I think Oxford Magdalen is going to win it this year.
Original post by forgottensecret
Have you ever him/her how they actually go about revising for UC. The stuff they seem to know is insane and how much they remember! SOOOOOO WISH I had a memory like that :frown:

Hahahah, no. I don't actually know him so I always just register his presence and then I'm like OOOH WOW. I saw him eating a sandwich outside the library the other day...that was exciting.

I really hope any non-Oxbridge team wins. They seem to win every year and it's soooooo boring, allow :sigh:
Wow!! you're all seeing 'celebrities' on an everyday basis!! haha
Im in year 12 atm, but one day would love to go and be in the audience...i'd be no good as a contestant!
I cant wait until Monday...come on YORK!!
Original post by BeccaCath94
I cant wait until Monday...come on YORK!!

Do you know who we're playing?

edit: just looked it up - Oxford Brookes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Casshern1456
I watch it every Monday:biggrin::biggrin: I love UC!! but my fav guy got eliminated the Jackson guy from Cambridge he knows a lot hah.
But I think Oxford Magdalen is going to win it this year.

I was soo sad when he got knocked out!!!

But my heart lies with Magdalen, Oxford. I love Haddad-Fonda and Chan :love:
Reply 15
Original post by Rananagirl
Also, there is no better feeling than the uber-smugness when you know an answer none of the contestants did.

Yup, like the Russell quote last week...I was positively shouting at the TV!
Original post by rainbow drops
Do you know who we're playing?

edit: just looked it up - Oxford Brookes.

I know....but they'll still win! York to win!!

Although oxford brookes sherlaw johnson has a pretty good name!!
Not as good as Emmanual Guttenplan last year!! HE WAS THE BEST!!!
Omg it was so close:colonhash: York had like a 140 v 40 lead and almost let OB in with the chance of going into the semi's. Good match tho but I think OB questions were tougher.
Omfg I nearly had a heart attack when we absolutely crumbled at the end. But we're still living the dream :awesome:
University Challenge = Awesome

:cute:

Quick Reply

Latest