The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomratcliffe
Ah, cool, thanks.

I don't suppose you (or anyone else who've had their AC already) could give us an idea of what kind of thing people wore for the evening meal? I'm a bit worried about how smart people will or won't be dressing for it.

it really doesn't matter what you wear for the meal. T shirt and jeans is fine but if you want a shirt and jeans/trousers is ok. No need to dress formally. You spend no more that 5 minutes with the HMRC team who welcome you then you go have the meal with other candidates.

AC was tough and draining. Not saying any more than that. Good luck to the rest of you.
Totally agree with The Banker it is tough and draining.

Regarding the location of where you will work if successful, we were told that everyone would be given a location close to to their current address so not sure about the whole ranking all the candidates and the best ones getting their first preferences.
Any chance we will know before the 11th of May?? 3 months wait is abit too long.
Is anyone still waiting for the outcome of their RAC. I had mine on the 17th and still no update....
Its really annoying as lots people have heard if they were unsuccessful/successful already, I guess im on the reserve list... :frown:
Original post by Dare to dream
Is anyone still waiting for the outcome of their RAC. I had mine on the 17th and still no update....
Its really annoying as lots people have heard if they were unsuccessful/successful already, I guess im on the reserve list... :frown:

I think alot of them still waiting for results for the RAC had gotten a email from Hmrc stating that they are still in the midst of processing the results. I would suggest you give them a call to check your status
Reply 445
Original post by Dare to dream

Yeah, I still haven't heard yet... They sent an email saying we'd find out within the next few weeks but still nothing yet. We should hear something soon hopefully... but yeah, agreed about how annoying it is waiting :frown:
I am still waiting to hear back about RAC's fingers crossed it will be soon and positive. Would you say that the instructions in the email prior to the AC's were pretty accurate or? Also just to change the topic a little, what other programmes/jobs have people applied for/waiting to hear feedback from? Good luck all x
Hey guys, well done to those who've done ACs and good luck to those still waiting to hear and due for assessment!

Quick question for those that have been to ACs: do they expect you to know any commerical awareness stuff? Like tax news, changes to budget etc?

Cheers
Reply 448
Original post by chrisbeale
Thanks, good luck to you to :smile:
Only a week to go now!!!

Hi - how did it go yesterday? Which centre were you in? I was in Radcliffe.
Original post by PJC14
Hi - how did it go yesterday? Which centre were you in? I was in Radcliffe.

Hey, I was in scarman. I think it went well, it sure was an intense day and made me sleep well last night. How did you find it?
Reply 450
I agree, it was intense but I also enjoyed in a funny kind of way, the others in my group were all very friendly, and the HMRC people running the day and assessors all did their best to put us at ease. Roll on 11 May!
Hi - for those who have completed their ACs, I know you don't want to give anything away, but can you tell me how many people are in each group.
Good Luck to all.
Reply 452
Original post by xxcdotdxx
I am still waiting to hear back about RAC's fingers crossed it will be soon and positive. Would you say that the instructions in the email prior to the AC's were pretty accurate or? Also just to change the topic a little, what other programmes/jobs have people applied for/waiting to hear feedback from? Good luck all x

Good luck, hope you hear soon!
I've applied for civil service fast stream, had assessment centre for that yesterday (which didn't go very well!) Those are the only schemes I've applied for. Have just applied for a job at the house of commons, but it's less money than I'm on now, so won't be too sad if I don't get it I guess. I'm not a new graduate, already working, so will probs just carry on doing what I'm doing if I don't get either, and rethink again next year!

Not too keen on this 'closest to current address' business - I want to move away from London, but won't do so til I've got a job somewhere else!:frown:
Reply 453
Hey
how long did it take to get your email with more information about the assessment centre??
I'm going to the AC on 8th March in Scarman!
Original post by rockinrobin
Hi - for those who have completed their ACs, I know you don't want to give anything away, but can you tell me how many people are in each group.
Good Luck to all.

6 in each group.
Reply 455
There were twelve of us, which got reduced to 11 on the morning as one guy had to move to another centre due to three people not showing up. We did our group exercises as a 5 and a 6. Breaks and meals were all of us together.
Reply 456
Original post by PJC14
I agree, it was intense but I also enjoyed in a funny kind of way, the others in my group were all very friendly, and the HMRC people running the day and assessors all did their best to put us at ease. Roll on 11 May!

I would totally agree with PJC14! The day is the most intense experience I have ever been through, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed it! It was fab to talk to like minded people and discuss business decisions (albeit fictitious!). I was really glad I enjoyed it, as I feel it was a great experience so if I don't get a position, at least I enjoyed it and it won't see it as a waste of a day if things don't go my way.

Everyone was really friendly and there was no animosity or competition between candidates, just friendly banter and exchanges of how they felt things went for them.

I won't give anything away, but the best advice I would give anyone still with their AC to go to, is ENJOY IT!!! Be yourself and do your best, that is all anyone can ask of you!

Good luck to one and all, can't wait to hear more people's experiences and how everyone got one!
Reply 457
Hi guys i attended a leeds regional assessment centre a few weeks ago and still havent heard anything? I just wonder how many people out there have still not had a positive or negative answer?

Secondly a question to the people who have got through to the last stage. How did you do in the regional assessment centre did you answer all the questions? and with the last task did you complete all of the individual tasks. I did but im not sure if i should have done as it may have been better to only complete a couple of the tasks but to a higher standard i really rushed everything i did throughout the couple of hours I was there?

any feedback would be great!
Reply 458
Original post by england66
Hi guys i attended a leeds regional assessment centre a few weeks ago and still havent heard anything? I just wonder how many people out there have still not had a positive or negative answer?

I attended a RAC in London on January 19th and I'm still waiting to hear back! I hope it will be soon, I'm still checking my emails multiple times a day!
We were told that they will be running the assessment centres till the 2nd or 3rd of April. The second task we did in the RAC hasn't been marked yet. I think they invite people to the AC based solely on the results of the first test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending