The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
I just tried to check my status (don't know why but I'm so frustrated with the waiting!) via the HMRC website and I can't find the link (the one which normally says opens in another window). Can anyone post the link please as I getting paranoid about why it may have been taken down! Thanks all
Reply 521
Original post by PJC14
I just tried to check my status (don't know why but I'm so frustrated with the waiting!) via the HMRC website and I can't find the link (the one which normally says opens in another window). Can anyone post the link please as I getting paranoid about why it may have been taken down! Thanks all

Try opening the email which you received which invited you to the regional assessment centre before Christmas, think the subject title of it is "Invite to Regional Assessment Centre (TPDP 2011/2012)". There is a link within that email which will take you to a page where you can log in. It worked for me there now, although it still stated the status as to attend the Assessment Centre (the national one). I'm just waiting on my status to change to "better luck next time" as I didn't have the best of days at the assessment centre in Coventry!

Good luck.
Reply 522
Original post by Pedro77
Try opening the email which you received which invited you to the regional assessment centre before Christmas, think the subject title of it is "Invite to Regional Assessment Centre (TPDP 2011/2012)". There is a link within that email which will take you to a page where you can log in. It worked for me there now, although it still stated the status as to attend the Assessment Centre (the national one). I'm just waiting on my status to change to "better luck next time" as I didn't have the best of days at the assessment centre in Coventry!

Good luck.

Thanks, got it now! When did you do your AC?
Reply 523
Original post by PJC14
Thanks, got it now! When did you do your AC?

I did mine the same week you did yours. Tough enough days work! I sure was ready for a bottle of beer that night when I got home! Pity we have to wait so long to find out.
Reply 524
Original post by Definitely_Maybe
Just to recap, to get to my present stage, I've got through:
1. A situational competancy sift;
2. A numerical reasoning test;
3. A verbal reasoning test;
4. A personality "test";
5. A logical reasoning test.

Today I received an e-mail informing me that I will be instructed to take a 45 minute "Analytical Skills Test" consisting of 3 parts:
- Part 1: 5 Questions;
- Part 2: 5 Questions;
- Part 3: 10 Questions.

Has anyone taken or does anyone know what kind of "Analytical Skills" they will be assessing? I am a disabled candidate and have only been informed that I will be invited to attend an AC at Warwick on 2 April (although I have not been told whether or not it is dependent on my performance in this, and the preceding test).

Nor have I heard specific mention of any RAC with referance to me?

I am wondering whether this so called "Analytical Skills Test" rings any bells with those who have been to an RAC - or even those who haven't?

Will be forever grateful to receive some enlightenment...

DM

Hello,
Analytical skills test is what they called one of the tasks at the RAC I believe - so they're probably lumping your two assesDsment days into one for some reason. Good luck!
Hey monkeyl,

Thanks for getting back.

Can you recall what it was that you were required to "analyse"? - Words? Numbers? Situations? Shapes? - a mix of these? Or, something completely different?

If you know of any websites etc. where I can get some practice in beforehand, I'd be extremely grateful to know?

Not much comes up when searching for "analytical skills tests" online...

Thanks again,

DM
Reply 526
Original post by Definitely_Maybe
Hey monkeyl,

Thanks for getting back.

Can you recall what it was that you were required to "analyse"? - Words? Numbers? Situations? Shapes? - a mix of these? Or, something completely different?

If you know of any websites etc. where I can get some practice in beforehand, I'd be extremely grateful to know?

Not much comes up when searching for "analytical skills tests" online...

Thanks again,

DM

Hey DM!

It's pretty much what it says on the tin really! Analysing numbers and graphs, etc, and choosing an answer out of multiple choices. Like a stage we have done already, the numerical reasoning test I think, but a bit harder!

There's not a vast amount you can do to prepare, just lots of maths questions to get your brain into gear if it's not already! That's what I did anyways!

Good luck with your RAC/AC combo day!
Original post by The Banker
Have you contacted HMRC? See what they say if you tell them you have another offer with an expiry date. This 11th May BS is frustrating as hell. If candidates 'met the required standard' they should be told asap, not 3 months after. Or vice versa if they didn't meet the standard and definitely won't be hired they should be told and then the feedback can be provided in May.[/QUOTe

Thanks I emailed them last week but heard nothing back yet.. Am doubtful they will let me know any earlier though.
Just had the email asking for locations. Didn't realise Newcastle would be a popular one, that's my first choice because I want to end the five years I've spent travelling up the A1M to visit my girlfriend! I had thought it would be one of the less popular ones with it being out of the way a bit, what's so special about it, is it a particularly large office?

Anyway, so can you all do me a favour and put somewhere else down, I hear Bolton is a nice place to work? Thanks! :-)
I received the location preference form too am surprised Newcastle is so popular! Actually a few places on there I was surprised about, was able to put 3 locations all about 30 mins away from me... Could all be pointless though as am convinced I completely messed up the assessment!!
Reply 530
There aren't many other offices near Newcastle so perhaps that's why?
I'm putting Liverpool, Warrington and Manchester, can't imagine Warrington being all that popular so fingers crossed, not that that's what I need to be crossing my fingers for, as I too will be surprised if I got through the AC!
Good luck everyone, only another nearly 2 months to wait :-S
I have gone for Manchester, Warrington and Bolton. I didn't think Warrington would be popular either but maybe that will turn out to be wrong!
I really, really hope we hear back sooner if we have been successful. I somehow doubt it, however. Im surprised London is popular, admittedly I only met a small sample of people at the assessment centres but everyone there seemed to actively dislike the idea of working in London...
Yeah Belfast and Newcastle being in the list was surprising! I knew London would be and it probably will be the most popular as the salary is higher (although people need to question why - living here is bloody expensive!!!!!!)

Not sure which ones to put down and can't make my mind up. Would prefer a big city tbh. So thinking of Manchester/Glasgow/Edinburgh etc.
I only put London. Edgy.
I only put London and reading. I have not even had my final assessment yet.

Just wanted to ask two quick questions:

1. How many people are in an assessment day?
2. Is the analysis task a numerical type test like the first assessment?

Thanks

O.

x
Reply 536
Original post by shellybean01
I have gone for Manchester, Warrington and Bolton. I didn't think Warrington would be popular either but maybe that will turn out to be wrong!

Perhaps! I suppose both people who want to commute from Liverpool (like me) and from Manchester (like you by the sounds of it) may go for Warrington as a 2nd choice. It's hard to know how many places there are at each place anyway I guess (and it does only say there MAY be jobs at each one) so I guess we just have to keep fingers crossed.
Reply 537
Original post by luwaonline
I only put London and reading. I have not even had my final assessment yet.

Just wanted to ask two quick questions:

1. How many people are in an assessment day?
2. Is the analysis task a numerical type test like the first assessment?

Thanks

O.

x

Hello! good luck in your assessment.

1. There are 12 people (or there were on my day at least), i think they can run it with between 10 and 12.

2. Nope not really

Not all that helpful I know, but it's nothing you can prepare for anyway
Original post by The Banker
Yeah Belfast and Newcastle being in the list was surprising! I knew London would be and it probably will be the most popular as the salary is higher (although people need to question why - living here is bloody expensive!!!!!!)

Not sure which ones to put down and can't make my mind up. Would prefer a big city tbh. So thinking of Manchester/Glasgow/Edinburgh etc.

Belfast is popular as its the only northern ireland centre - so everyone from here that gets through wants it! any other choice means complete relocation (commuting not possible to any other centre)
Original post by nicocarrie
Belfast is popular as its the only northern ireland centre - so everyone from here that gets through wants it! any other choice means complete relocation (commuting not possible to any other centre)

Yeah I know, I feel for those in Ireland that get through and the only option is Belfast. Unless its a massive office I can see some disappointment from people that got a offer but is not willing to completely relocate.

I'm surprised they don't have one in Dublin? But anyway...

Is anyone out there no longing considering the HMRC graduate programme because of the long wait so they took another grad scheme? I know a few people that had to do so because of the May 11th reply and they already received a offer elsewhere which need a reply promptly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending