The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

What annoys me with graduate schemes is that you go through the application process and if you are successful great but if not so much time has been wasted going through the long application process.

Been following this thread and it sucks having to wait months for outcome.
I just found out I got accepted! :biggrin: So excited! Really didn't think I'd done enough at the AC

And now... more waiting to find out if I got my top choice of location. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 582
congrats to the people who got offered places.

few questions i am on the reserve list aparantly does anybody know how many others are on this and what my chances are etc.

is the reserve list likely to get used and do we get any feedback

thanks
Original post by shellybean01
I have just received an email advising I'm successful!! Cannot believe it thought I had completely messed up the assessment day!! Has anyone else heard?

Well done Shelly! I was at the same Assesment day and centre as you I believe! Are you choosing FS or this?

I too got through! You were very good in what I saw shouldn't have doubted yourself!
Reply 584
Hello I just found out I was successful:smile: really surprised that we heard early. and before my job interviews tomorrow! Now need to decide whether to bother going to my interview or not!
Original post by Kieranthfc
Well done Shelly! I was at the same Assesment day and centre as you I believe! Are you choosing FS or this?

I too got through! You were very good in what I saw shouldn't have doubted yourself!

Congrats on getting through!!! How did your FS assessment go weren't you applying for TiB? I am undecided at the minute I honestly didn't think I would get either so am really happy. Think I am leaning to this, are you going to the welcome day in June?
Didn't get through for that but I would have chose this anyway.:colondollar: I knew the FS AC went bad and I honestly thought this one went perfect! Yeah if I can I will be there, are you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Didn't get through for that but I would have chose this anyway.:colondollar: I knew the FS AC went bad and I honestly thought this one went perfect! Yeah if I can I will be there, are you?

Yeah I am definately planning on going I think it will be good to get an insight to the programme, hopefully see you there!
Reply 588
Original post by hasham11
When do you guys have to reply by to confirm your position and do you know if you have got the preferred location? Also is the welcome event on 7th June??

Hi. Haven't been given a date to reply, just told to email them if we don't want to take up the place. I guess once they tell us locations they may then give us a deadline to confirm. Welcome event is on 14 June. Find out locations on 11 May.
Reply 589
Hey I also got rejected. Disappointed but they did test us extensively so I can't really disagree with their decision.

Quick question is everyone who got turned down also on the reserve list? I don't think there is much chance to be called up but it would be nice to know that I was at least close to a top 250 candidate!

Also has anyone requested feedback?
Reply 590
i would like ffedback as well and i want to no more about the reseve list i am on???
Original post by england66
i would like ffedback as well and i want to no more about the reseve list i am on???

I would say contact the recruitment team, I have contacted them before and they are pretty good on either answering your question or forwarding it on to the right person.
I am really chuffed - I got through.
I do feel for those who have been rejected there has been a lot of time and money invested without return and with being such a long process must be very gutting. Good Luck with finding something else.
Got the offer yesterday, but at this point I'm likely to turn it down in favour of a different graduate scheme. So I hope there will be some good news for someone on the reserve list.
Reply 594
Hey everyone!

I also got a position and couldn't be more chuffed and excited! I've spent the whole day bouncin off the walls in work!

HUGE congrats to everyone who got through, and comiserations to those who didn't quite make it. I think everyone who got through to the ACs should feel very proud of their achievement anyway! Last 700 out of 11500 applications?! Defo summat to give yourself a pat on the back for!

Good luck to EVERYONE for the future, whatever you decide to do! :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by swish2k
Hey everyone!

I also got a position and couldn't be more chuffed and excited! I've spent the whole day bouncin off the walls in work!

HUGE congrats to everyone who got through, and comiserations to those who didn't quite make it. I think everyone who got through to the ACs should feel very proud of their achievement anyway! Last 700 out of 11500 applications?! Defo summat to give yourself a pat on the back for!

Good luck to EVERYONE for the future, whatever you decide to do! :smile:

Well done - swish! Good luck with the programme. I got a no :frown:
Reply 596

hello, i was the same, completely messed up FSAC (embarrassingly bad feedback) but this one went so much better. so in your face FSAC i am not awful after all!
Reply 597
COULD ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED JUST WRITE WHAT THERE FIRST PREFERENCES WERE?
Has any1 chose Bolton or Manchester. U may guess these were my first 2 options
Original post by Y.N.W.A
COULD ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED JUST WRITE WHAT THERE FIRST PREFERENCES WERE?
Has any1 chose Bolton or Manchester. U may guess these were my first 2 options

Mine were Manchester, Warrington and Bolton.
Mine were London and south end! Dont expect to get much of a covering on here tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending