The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by Anthracite
Thanks homobo! Good to know!

Hope you're enjoying the programme.

No problem. Enjoying the programme very much even if I have to study again.

Good luck and hope you get the result you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Singh_jazz
Its good to know that there is another newbie starting at reading. When have you booked your assessment for? Mine is on Tuesday

Hi,

I'm not sure if you will still be checking this forum but wanted to ask if you took up this EO position?

I have been offered the same job for this year and wondering if you could give me anymore information about your experience of this job and the training so far?

Thanks
Original post by laura3865
Hi,

I'm not sure if you will still be checking this forum but wanted to ask if you took up this EO position?

I have been offered the same job for this year and wondering if you could give me anymore information about your experience of this job and the training so far?

Thanks

I've also been offered an EO position, starting in Jan. Can I ask what office they've offered you.

Any other insight would be appreciated.
Original post by rg1989
I've also been offered an EO position, starting in Jan. Can I ask what office they've offered you.

I have been offered central London and I start in October. Where have you been offered? Have you had information about your security checks? On the other forum people have been saying they have already received their DBS checks so I'm worrying that mine might not get back in time :s
I got offered edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got offered EO position in edinburgh starting in Jan. When are you starting Kgalla200?
Original post by rg1989

Where abouts have you been offered? I also start in Jan
I also start jan and I am just waiting for pre appointment checks to be completed. Do u stay in Edinburgh? Kerry
Hi,

is anybody applying for HMRC tax professional programme for 2014/15? Is there a separate thread for it please?

Thanks
Original post by laura3865
I have been offered central London and I start in October. Where have you been offered? Have you had information about your security checks? On the other forum people have been saying they have already received their DBS checks so I'm worrying that mine might not get back in time :s

I was originally offered Stratford, but I've recently received an email asking if I'd prefer Stratford or Waterloo.

My security checks have been satisfacotrily complete, although I must say the process wasn't made particularly clear. If it helps, once I received my DBS certificate, I registered for the DBS update service, which allows employers to see the certificate online - this part was pretty straightforward.

Original post by lisaruthers
Where abouts have you been offered? I also start in Jan

As stated, I was originally offered Stratford, but I've recently received an email asking if I'd prefer Stratford or Waterloo.

I've said I'd prefer Waterloo because it's closer to me.

Where have you been offered?

Can anyone who's currently working as a compliance officer give any insight?
(edited 9 years ago)
If anyone else that is due to start in January wants to chat beforehand, feel free to message me your email.
The bottom tired had loads of people staring in jan ImageUploadedByStudent Room1411628038.588518.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1932
Original post by Nomipk3
Hi,

is anybody applying for HMRC tax professional programme for 2014/15? Is there a separate thread for it please?

Thanks

There's a separate thread yeah.
Original post by Vrstar
There's a separate thread yeah.

Thanks Vrstar, could I have the link for it please?
Reply 1934
Original post by Nomipk3
Thanks Vrstar, could I have the link for it please?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2880197&p=50581009#post50581009

or just go back to 'public sector' and there's a list of more recent threads there.
Original post by Vrstar
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2880197&p=50581009#post50581009

or just go back to 'public sector' and there's a list of more recent threads there.

Many thanks
Original post by rg1989
If anyone else that is due to start in January wants to chat beforehand, feel free to message me your email.

Hey,
I was offered Stratford for the EO position as well. Conditional offer.
But I still haven't received my DBS Certificate through the post, I emailed them yesterday asking when I will get it.

Also, any insight from anyone currently working as a Compliance Officer, will be helpful!
where can you do practise tests? i find some online but you have to pay for them.
Reply 1938
Original post by swish2k
Hi everyone!

I started on the TPDP12 in Warrington last month, so I thought I'd stop by and see if I can divulge any pearls of wisdom for you hopefuls for next year! People on this forum tend to be super helpful and friendly in general btw, so check back often so you can all gee each other on and give each other tips!

First of all, practice, practice, practice for the numerical test if you haven't all already taken it! A fabulous test site I found is http://www.efinancialcareers.co.uk/numerical_test.htm if you haven't all found it already! You have to register to do the practice tests, but they are quite similar to the actual test and give really good explanations to the workings of the answers if I remember correctly, so I hope they help you guys too! I can't stress enough either, to make sure you are as calm and undisturbed as possible to do all the online tests, as they really do need concentrating on! Have a calculator, pen and plenty of paper to help you through the numerical tests!

Jumping ahead to next year, those of you who get through to the assessment centres, the first, half day, one is basically just to prove that it was you who did the online tests, although they are far harder than the online tests!

The full day assessment centre is great! It is so taxing (excuse the pun! :rolleyes:) and challenging, but if you are anything like me, you will love every minute!

The above is all assuming that they don't change things in the meantime btw!! For those of you who get a place on the course next year, it is flippin hard work from the outset, so don't expect a free ride! If you are willing to put the time, effort and 4 years of dedication and hard work in, then carry on with the process, it will be worth it for you!

Hope this all helps you, you will prob find most of the info above somewhere on this thread, but I hoped it might be useful to some of you to have a lil summary in one place!

I am loving my time in HMRC, and I have a good feeling this will continue for many years to come (as long as I don't fail my exams!!)!

Good luck to you all!! :smile:

Hi swish2k

I am currently applying for the this role and have the Workstyle Questionnaire next which will hopefully go ok! So far I've found the application quite fun and was wondering if you are still enjoying the training and glad that you took on this role?

Thanks
Hello guys,

For those on the TSP programme how are you finding it so far? Also for anyone who has or knows someone who has finished the programme, how are they finding employment as a G7 role for HMRC?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending