The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Biochemistry at Warwick

Scroll to see replies

gibbet hill campus is about 10 minutes from the bottom of main campus, it looks further than it is i think. i lived in cryfield in my first year and it took the same amount of time for my friends to get to their maths lectures as it did for me and the other bio people to get to gibbet hill. its really not a big deal at all :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by theguywholikesfish
what are you enquiring exactly :-P

Is it good at teaching biochem? Will a biochem degree "mean" something from there job wise? Stuff like that. Personal experiences would help, but anything else would go.

Thanks
Biochem is taught quite well at Warwick although I am obviously biased! The degree itself is quite challenging and I would say it is the hardest degree offered by the life sciences department. Biochemistry is far more demanding than say straight biology and thus it is popular amongst employers. It is worth stressing that the job market is a bit up in the air ATM so if you want a career in science research you would have to undertake a phd. Warwick is part of the Russell group and as it is one of then top 5 universities in your country so if you came your future prospects would be promising. The staff are really friendly and quite a few know me on a first name basis (rare thing at unis)
Original post by theguywholikesfish
Biochem is taught quite well at Warwick although I am obviously biased! The degree itself is quite challenging and I would say it is the hardest degree offered by the life sciences department. Biochemistry is far more demanding than say straight biology and thus it is popular amongst employers. It is worth stressing that the job market is a bit up in the air ATM so if you want a career in science research you would have to undertake a phd. Warwick is part of the Russell group and as it is one of then top 5 universities in your country so if you came your future prospects would be promising. The staff are really friendly and quite a few know me on a first name basis (rare thing at unis)

I went to the uni open day on the 16th march, I really liked it. Yeah noticed that about staff. I agree demanding course and such, but eager to do it anyway. I love biology and chemistry :tongue: Yeah, if I like the course, im defo going all the way Phd!
Reply 44
Original post by mrsonicsean
Well, the chemistry department at Warwick is very good, and they are pretty good for biosciences. As far as I can tell, Warwick is up in the top 20 at least for it (not too sure on the exact place, I really need to find out).
I've also applied to:
Bath, Durham, Bristol and Sussex (back up choice).
I'm still waiting for offers back from Bristol and Durham.
How about you?

Hi- was trawling through TSR and found this post.....despite it being from 4 years ago!!

Was just wondering what course you applied for at Durham when you applied for Biochem at other uni's as Durham don't offer an explicit Biochem degree.

Quick Reply

Latest