The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
If it wasn't for nice and easy women....how would we all manage?!
Reply 661
Original post by hali0112
Firstly, dancing with a guy does not constitute as cheating. she was just having fun. she did not cheat on him. she said that she just danced with the dj. she just told her friend that she slept with him to get him off her back. why is she cheap? she didn't have sex with anyone. she didn't cheat on her boyfriend. she was just having fun on holiday as you do. why is she stupid? nasty is debatable. I can agree that she came across as a bit bitchy towards her friends. but it was clear that the girl had a lot of issues at home. you haven't debated any of my points. you haven't mentioned why you still watch the programme when you clearly dislike it and the people on it! :rolleyes:

Lol so if your boyfriend was dancing with various women in clubs abroad ... you're telling me you'd be alright with that? Also whose to say she didn't kiss/touch/flirt with these men? I'm sorry but someone clearly does not love their boyfriend in the truest sense of the word. Again 'fun'. It's this kind of fun that leads to high divorce rates in this country. 'He was only having a bit of fun' ... 'he didn't do anything wrong' ... 'he's only young, i remember in my day i was no different'. It's this sort of attitude that leads onto further things and eventually crossing the line. If someone truely loves their partner they will not wander off in a club to dance/flirt with men and potentially position themselves in a position of risk. I'm sorry, but no. If my girlfriend was dancing with men and flirting with them in clubs ... she wouldn't be my girlfriend. But that's just it, I'd never have a girlfriend like that in the first place because I can see through people like that girl.

Maybe cheap is the wrong word. But why is she saying she loved her boyfriend bla bla bla, and then dancing/flirting with men (maybe more we don't know of)? Sorry but that's not love. What a bizarre definition of love that is if it's only 'fun'. You can love one man on the side but you can do anything you wish with any other man so long as you don't kiss or have sex with them! She's really special :rolleyes:

She's very very stupid. Did you not hear her speak? I've heard foreigners speak clearer English than her. You can tell she has no real education of any sort. I think she said she was a beautician or something (which is not surprising at all).

Nasty is debatable? She had a horrible attitude towards her stepdad. She argued over something completely ridiculous with her so called 'best mate' when she probably doesn't value true trust and friendship anyways. Their 'best mate' thing is based on their youth and how they are living it up at the time. I doubt they'll know each other in 10 yaers time. That's why one minute they are arguing over something petty and the next the guy spoils her for them to get close again. Childish people. Seriously how was that girl in any way friendly, nice or pleasant? Not in the slightest. Don't defend her *******ness by saying she has problems at home. Not linked. I have troubles at home but I'm not an ******* to people in the way she is.

Why does it matter why I watch the programme? Does it interest your tiny brain that much that you want to score points over me? Put it this way .. I don't watch it for the reasons you do (entertainment).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 662
Are you trolling? I didn't like the girl either, but you're being a bit harsh.:s-smilie:

Original post by Skill
Lol so if your boyfriend was dancing with various women in clubs abroad ... you're telling me you'd be alright with that? Also whose to say she didn't kiss/touch/flirt with these men? I'm sorry but someone clearly does not love their boyfriend in the truest sense of the word. Again 'fun'. It's this kind of fun that leads to high divorce rates in this country. 'He was only having a bit of fun' ... 'he didn't do anything wrong' ... 'he's only young, i remember in my day i was no different'. It's this sort of attitude that leads onto further things and eventually crossing the line. If someone truely loves their partner they will not wander off in a club to dance/flirt with men and potentially position themselves in a position of risk. I'm sorry, but no. If my girlfriend was dancing with men and flirting with them in clubs ... she wouldn't be my girlfriend. But that's just it, I'd never have a girlfriend like that in the first place because I can see through people like that girl.

Maybe cheap is the wrong word. But why is she saying she loved her boyfriend bla bla bla, and then dancing/flirting with men (maybe more we don't know of)? Sorry but that's not love. What a bizarre definition of love that is if it's only 'fun'. You can love one man on the side but you can do anything you wish with any other man so long as you don't kiss or have sex with them! She's really special :rolleyes:

She's very very stupid. Did you not hear her speak? I've heard foreigners speak clearer English than her. You can tell she has no real education of any sort. I think she said she was a beautician or something (which is not surprising at all).

Nasty is debatable? She had a horrible attitude towards her stepdad. She argued over something completely ridiculous with her so called 'best mate' when she probably doesn't value true trust and friendship anyways. Their 'best mate' thing is based on their youth and how they are living it up at the time. I doubt they'll know each other in 10 yaers time. That's why one minute they are arguing over something petty and the next the guy spoils her for them to get close again. Childish people. Seriously how was that girl in any way friendly, nice or pleasant? Not in the slightest. Don't defend her *******ness by saying she has problems at home. Not linked. I have troubles at home but I'm not an ******* to people in the way she is.

Why does it matter why I watch the programme? Does it interest your tiny brain that much that you want to score points over me? Put it this way .. I don't watch it for the reasons you do (entertainment).

She didn't cheat on her boyfriend, and was just having fun, like you'd expect anyone on holiday to. All we saw her doing was dancing.
The three of them were silly and childish, getting into arguments with each other, but there's no need to judge them so much.
I think it's horrible and prejudiced of you to say she's "very very stupid" just because of her voice/accent. I know in general people will perceive an RP English accent as more 'educated' than, say, a Geordie, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all! She can't help what her accent is like, and it's not an indicator of intelligence. As someone with a non-standard accent, I really think comments about her voice are idiotic.
I'd agree with you that she probably isn't fantastic academically, but who are we to judge her cos she wants to be a beautician? She was HORRIBLE to the poor stepdad, but again, the point of the program isn't to criticise every aspect of her life and look down upon her.

I am not someone who would enjoy a clubbing holiday of this sort, and I don't approve of these teenagers behaviour, but it doesn't mean they're awful human beings! Basically I'm tired of coming to this thread and only seeing arguments such as these, so I thought I'd throw my opinion in.
You obviously don't enjoy this program, so please just don't watch it.:nothing:
Reply 663
Christ I wonder about some of you guys. Did I say she was stupid because of her 'accent' ... no. I said she can't even speak clear English. There's a difference. I posted some of her quotes on this thread. So no, I never said it had anything to do with accent. The fact that she's a trainee beautician or whatever it is she does, is kind of ironic really. Backs up her poor use of the English language. Nothing going on in her brain at all. That's why I judge her. She's got no scope for growing mentally as a person. She will live a brainless existence with no genuine morals (most likely).

She didn't 'cheat' on her boyfriend, no. But she clearly doesn't sincerely mean that she loves him or else she wouldn't do what she did. If I loved a girl I wouldn't even think about dancing and flirting with other girls.

I'm not being harsh. I'm being brutally honest. No beating around the bush. I never said they were 'awful' human beings either.
Original post by Skill
So a girl who apparently 'loves' her boyfriend to bits lets a half naked bloke lie on her on a bar table and basically she strokes his cock.

If that as my girlfriend ... well then again I'd never get into a relationship with someone like that but some girlfriend that!

So do you actually have a girlfriend/boyfriend?
Reply 665
What has that got to do with anything?
Reply 666
Original post by Skill
I'm not being harsh. I'm being brutally honest. No beating around the bush. I never said they were 'awful' human beings either.

Gotta admit you're being a bit harsh. You called one of them a "fat ugly blonde girl". :L

You didn't explicitly say "awful", but it's certainly what I inferred. You called the Geordie one a "piece of trash". You're not exactly saying they're geat human beings.

The girls in the last episode seemed unpleasant, yes, and I don't think I would get along with them at all if we met. I just think it's pointless and harsh to judge and insult them so much. If I felt as strongly about it as you seem to, I'd just find something different to watch on Wednesday nights.:dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 667
Poor episode. None of them even did anything, what was the point of going on this type of holiday?!

Geordie girl was hot though. :sexface:
Original post by Skill

yes you are! :smile: you are so rude to people on this thread. I am seriously just trying to understand what you are trying to say but you jump to insult people at every available moment. "I have a tiny brain" :rolleyes: now that is debatable. the moment anyone seems to disagree with you you get personal. is it not okay for you to make a point without insulting the poster. and what gives you the right to look down on beauticians? you might be doing physics at oxford or whatever but not everyone is smart. you can't just judge people who have different experiences and opportunities to you. not everyone is bright. I just can't really be bothered to argue with you anymore. let's just agree to disagree. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Lmfao just found this program on catchup!!! Amazing hahahahahah
It's on, but it's just a look back at the series. :smile:
Reply 671
Original post by Dusty12
Gotta admit you're being a bit harsh. You called one of them a "fat ugly blonde girl". :L

You didn't explicitly say "awful", but it's certainly what I inferred. You called the Geordie one a "piece of trash". You're not exactly saying they're geat human beings.

The girls in the last episode seemed unpleasant, yes, and I don't think I would get along with them at all if we met. I just think it's pointless and harsh to judge and insult them so much. If I felt as strongly about it as you seem to, I'd just find something different to watch on Wednesday nights.:dontknow:

Fat ugly blonde girl ... that was my bit of trolling. Tbh I'm just putting the girl in her place.

No they're not great human beings ... they're not awful either but they're not far from being pure trash.
Reply 672
Epic line by the narrator
"In our house we don't talk about sex"
"And on holiday, Tom doesn't get any."
Sit down, Tom.
Original post by hali0112
she didn't have sex with anyone. she didn't cheat on her boyfriend.

Cheating isn't just sleeping with someone else you know.
I think most guys would have issues with their gf dancing provocatively with random guys in a club.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 674
How can anyone watch this ****?
Original post by Iron Lady
How can anyone watch this ****?

I do. Pretty amazing. Well worth the £145.50 a year tbh. C'mon at least the BBC needs to do a few junk tv now and then. It sells an' all.

Ch4 produces far worse and is a state owned channel.
Reply 676
Why do they act surprised when the parents make an appearance towards the end of the holiday? What do the teens think the TV crew are following them around for? I watched this once whilst at work and did wonder this.
I don't see why people feel the need to criticise them so much, yes they're not perfect but then again no1 is. I'm not the partying/clubbing type myself but that certainly doesn't mean I will look down on them because they have different ways of having fun (Although I do believe criminals are inferior to me lol) :wink:
totally missing this show!
It'll be back - plenty mmore gullible teenagers out there!

Quick Reply

Latest