The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Bvenged
I plan to go on holiday within 2011 with my mates, except I don't want to be surrounded by chavvy ****ers like that, they piss me right off.

I'm not especially close to my friends as I moved around a lot, but they are good friends. Iin fact I used to live in Cyprus and as a kid went to the restaurants and beaches in Aya Napa.

Can you guys help me decide on a holiday that involves getting ****ered and clubbing abroad with 4-6 mates, but isn't too expensive or full of chav-*****?
I can befriend chavs, but I usually come across the ignorant type and when they're too stubborn, I just stair them down, lol. If not I will just go to Aya Napa and try to put up to it.

To be honest mate where ever you go theres going to be tools. But there will also be alot of decent people going, just keep clear of these "chavs" and you'll have a cracking time.

I'm off to Malia with 6 mates and the total is £350 for a week self catering. So prices aint that bad. But theres also Zante, Magaluf etc etc etc...
Reply 101
Where they taking nos at the end?
ahaah lulz at the guy who was paraletic when he arrived at the airport...what a complete a***!

i would KILL my parents if they did something like that, the lack of trust and suspicion and sneaking around invading my privacy!

but then again, i'd NEVER do anything as awful as the things on this programme. HILARIOUS to watch though!!! hoping next week will be good with the girl puking her guts out and them all in skimpy outfits with apparently a really strict dad watching. i just keep hoping the parents will be really strict and the kids awfully behaved, more amusing that way :P
It is so ****ing obvious that the kids know their parents are there all along
Original post by theorb21
Pretty uneventful and boring... What actually happened? They didn't didn't do anything crazy. It's just a standard holiday... I was expecting some crazy partying drug-induced orgies (the girls didn't even go out much). Or, I wanted something probing and interesting; it was none of the two. BBC Three always churn out these banal documentaries aimed at naive teenagers... they get watched simply because there aren't many teenage documentaries like that... poor TV all in all.

I'd much rather hit the + channel button on my sky remote to BBC Four, and watch something about jazz, science or modern art; there are plenty of those kind of documentaries on BBC Four, and they're generally much better made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the occasional mind-numbing entertainment, but when a documentary like that one treads the fine line between trashy TV and insightful, current documentary it falls into that perilous trap of not being able to make its mind up; therefore, it was, unfortunately a failure.

This. Had potential, but just wasn't as good as it could have been.
Original post by Swell
To be honest mate where ever you go theres going to be tools. But there will also be alot of decent people going, just keep clear of these "chavs" and you'll have a cracking time.

I'm off to Malia with 6 mates and the total is £350 for a week self catering. So prices aint that bad. But theres also Zante, Magaluf etc etc etc...

Prob just as many if not more tools then decent people since the lines of whats acceptable these days is crazily high so like I said earlier in thread many people arent that classy.

I don't see the point of drinking to the excess people do more and more every year thinking its cool.
Reply 106
Original post by CameraGirl
ahaah lulz at the guy who was paraletic when he arrived at the airport...what a complete a***!

i would KILL my parents if they did something like that, the lack of trust and suspicion and sneaking around invading my privacy!

but then again, i'd NEVER do anything as awful as the things on this programme. HILARIOUS to watch though!!! hoping next week will be good with the girl puking her guts out and them all in skimpy outfits with apparently a really strict dad watching. i just keep hoping the parents will be really strict and the kids awfully behaved, more amusing that way :P

What exactly are they doing that is 'awful'? Most seem really tame and boring.
Original post by mau5
What exactly are they doing that is 'awful'? Most seem really tame and boring.

yeah i was referring more to the less tame bits, i admit, some of it can get quite dull.

i just wouldnt drink that much, or get with random people, strip outside, get into fights, tret the hotels like dumps and trash the places, treat other people with a complete lack of respect, chunder everywhere, dress in the skimpiest sluttiest outfits i could find, and generally make a mockery of myself :P

bungee jumping looks fun though!
i think i'd pay rather than go naked though :P
I LOVE IT the boys holidays are always the funniest
looking forwards to my holiday :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
yeah i was referring more to the less tame bits, i admit, some of it can get quite dull.

i just wouldnt drink that much, or get with random people, strip outside, get into fights, tret the hotels like dumps and trash the places, treat other people with a complete lack of respect, chunder everywhere, dress in the skimpiest sluttiest outfits i could find, and generally make a mockery of myself :P

Thats a shame.

Anyway I think or I KNOW that people dont normally realise how bad they are on a night out, there was that documentary recently about that where people were ashamed by their antics the next day.

I think almost no one is an angel on a night out.
Original post by drbluebox
Thats a shame.

Anyway I think or I KNOW that people dont normally realise how bad they are on a night out, there was that documentary recently about that where people were ashamed by their antics the next day.

I think almost no one is an angel on a night out.

yeah i know wwhat you mean, i can't say i'm prefect, i get a bit tipsy, but never rowdy and have never been sick or made trouble or a complete embarrassment of myself. except maybe when i was coerced into taking a tequila shot, and my phone got stolen later that night so was all in tears :P but nothin that bad lol

Well you sound like a right laugh, then ... :dry:
yeah i know wwhat you mean, i can't say i'm prefect, i get a bit tipsy, but never rowdy and have never been sick or made trouble or a complete embarrassment of myself. except maybe when i was coerced into taking a tequila shot, and my phone got stolen later that night so was all in tears :P but nothin that bad lol

When I was 18 I remember downing a 3 litre bottle of Frosty Jacks(pretty much same thing as White Lightning as 7.5% horrible white cider) then barely making it to my front door before losing the entire night, I had about 3 points I remember as they happened, talking to this girl from halls saying I fancied her then about 10 minutes later walking outside club(must of been chucked out) and a lad I know running after me handing my my mangled pair of glasses(not even glass in them)

God knows how I even got into club in that state.

I had a few times when I have been almost that drunk, maybe worse but had more control of actions(barely) only other similar time was when I was 21 and drank 10-12 cans of Tennents and had £85 in pocket(was working at the time £7 a hour so was "loaded") and around 2am went to club, had 1 drink and gave a lad I knew from school a £20 to get a round(I always get really generous when drinking even when I am on benefits) and he gave me no change and claimed I gave him £5.

When I got home (which was 5 minutes walk) I noticed I only had £20 on me so where did the other £40 go if I gave him a £20?
Original post by drbluebox
When I was 18 I remember downing a 3 litre bottle of Frosty Jacks(pretty much same thing as White Lightning as 7.5% horrible white cider) then barely making it to my front door before losing the entire night, I had about 3 points I remember as they happened, talking to this girl from halls saying I fancied her then about 10 minutes later walking outside club(must of been chucked out) and a lad I know running after me handing my my mangled pair of glasses(not even glass in them)

God knows how I even got into club in that state.

I had a few times when I have been almost that drunk, maybe worse but had more control of actions(barely) only other similar time was when I was 21 and drank 10-12 cans of Tennents and had £85 in pocket(was working at the time £7 a hour so was "loaded") and around 2am went to club, had 1 drink and gave a lad I knew from school a £20 to get a round(I always get really generous when drinking even when I am on benefits) and he gave me no change and claimed I gave him £5.

When I got home (which was 5 minutes walk) I noticed I only had £20 on me so where did the other £40 go if I gave him a £20?

blimey that's a story :P i'd go mental if i ruined my glasses, can't see a thing without them! tend to wear contacts especially when going out just in case :P

don't think i've ever lost that much money though haha. i don't take much out :P my boyfriend thinks he got caught peeing on the town hall though, so got fined £20 haha! i am often the one who's the least drunk at the end of the night and in charge of getting everyone home :P had to walk my very drunk very tall friend (and i'm short) home, with arms linked, in the snow, at 2.30am, and i was just in a dress and heels haha. it's like an hour walk... bleuuuugh!
Original post by 916-CALL-TURK
Well you sound like a right laugh, then ... :dry:

cheers... no need to be rude!

just cos i don't puke everywhere and make an embarrassment of myself doesnt mean i can't be fun on a night out! otherwise i'd never get invited out or have any friends now would i?

well you sound like a lovely charming non-judgemental young man, then... (and not sarcastic at all!)
Reply 115
I watched the Malia one, those people made it look crap and its not! crazy aye right!
(edited 12 years ago)
If only it showed what truly goes on with these holidays.. Shame about the guy at the end of last one though :frown:
I've been watching them, they're hilarious! If i was the kids that they were spying on, i'd disown my parents and never forgive them. Fair enough parents never really know what goes on during them holidays but no need for them to spy on them and follow them around for a week. I'd hate to see myself on tv whilst im on holiday. But it's good tv and whoever thought of the idea for the programme was a genious!
Original post by StaceyWacey
I've been watching them, they're hilarious! If i was the kids that they were spying on, i'd disown my parents and never forgive them. Fair enough parents never really know what goes on during them holidays but no need for them to spy on them and follow them around for a week. I'd hate to see myself on tv whilst im on holiday. But it's good tv and whoever thought of the idea for the programme was a genious!

Who really would do that though, "disown" parents and thus everything that comes along with it, money presents holidays free rent and food and bills etc.
Original post by LiamTheKook
BBC3 are really scraping round the barrel.

Haha I was just thinking that!

Quick Reply

Latest