The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by KasiaPisklak
Aw sorry to hear that :frown: Fingers crossed for the loan!
LSE has disappointed me in more than 3 occasions, they are not really well organized or the people that take the phone calls aren't well informed.
Because of one woman from the Graduate Office who gave me misleading information about the English requirements it took me 3 weeks more to complete my application. I was fuming. Then I called again and a different woman told me that what I had been told at the beginning is not true. The same thing happened when I called accommodation.
Still, I am really excited about the course :smile:

You won't believe that more or less same thing happened with me, initially they marked my application wrong for fee purpose (as international student whereas I am a home student) when I got my offer certificate, it said £16K international rate, I filled the appropriate form with all necessary documentation & it took them more than a month to sort out this, every time I used to listen a new story on phone: we need this document, we need that documents, no we don't need this document, no we don't need that document. lol it's not like always they do such things but such situations are normal to happen in admission process @ any institute.

I'm in MSc Culture and Society. You?

Maths
(edited 12 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by kingkhan
You won't believe that more or less same thing happened with me, initially they marked my application wrong for fee purpose (as international student whereas I am a home student) when I got my offer certificate, it said £16K international rate, I filled the appropriate form with all necessary documentation & it took them more than a month to sort out this, every time I used to listen a new story on phone: we need this document, we need that documents, no we don't need this document, no we don't need that document. lol it's not like always they do such things but such situations are normal to happen in admission process @ any institute.

So the error was theirs, right? Why would they mark you as international student? :s-smilie: This is what kills me about LSE, much prestige but then when they do something wrong you're the one who pays for it :angry:
Reply 282
So the error was theirs, right? Why would they mark you as international student? :s-smilie: This is what kills me about LSE, much prestige but then when they do something wrong you're the one who pays for it :angry:

lol, the problem is not just with LSE, my brother told me that he had the same sort of problem regarding his GMAT test report was missing at Wharton B-School, I guess such errors occur because of the high volume of applications in such famous institutes. But yeah it's weird because such errors create problems for the potential applicants.
Original post by kingkhan
lol, the problem is not just with LSE, my brother told me that he had the same sort of problem regarding his GMAT test report was missing at Wharton B-School, I guess such errors occur because of the high volume of applications in such famous institutes. But yeah it's weird because such errors create problems for the potential applicants.

Exactly. And the school won't do anything to sort it out for us, they just say "sorry". Oh well, let's hope our LSE experience will improve once we're there :wink:
Reply 284
Exactly. And the school won't do anything to sort it out for us, they just say "sorry". Oh well, let's hope our LSE experience will improve once we're there :wink:

I hope same :wink:
Reply 285
Original post by kelsey
I received a conditional offer for MSc European Studies (Research) last month - it was made unconditional as of this morning! I plan on doing the Political Economy stream and stay on for my PhD.

Hi kelsey. Would you kindly tell how your conditional offer became unconditional. Did you satisfy all the conditions or did you provide some supporting documents to argue your case. Save this soul please! I have a conditional offer
Reply 286
Original post by lsechal
Hi kelsey. Would you kindly tell how your conditional offer became unconditional. Did you satisfy all the conditions or did you provide some supporting documents to argue your case. Save this soul please! I have a conditional offer

Sure, I answered that question previously on this thread, which you can read here :smile:
Hey everyone?
Anyone doing an LLM?
Reply 288
Hi what accommodation offers have you guys received? I think a bunch of offers went out yesterday. Anyway I've got a single at Sidney Webb that I don't really want would anybody want to swap?
Reply 289
Anyone in Grosvenor House? I just got an offer of shared room at Grosvenor House...anyone wanna swap or share with me?!! I love this location but would like to know who I am sharing the room with...or swap to a single thanks!
Reply 290
I have a studio room with private bathroom, kitchen, shower and bathroom at elephant and castle, 3 min to tube, 40 min walking to lse, in a brand new building that I won't take it anymore because I have gotten a LSE accommodation. It costs 220 pounds per week (all bills included). Please, let me know if you interested: [email protected]
Reply 291
Original post by Mo88
Hi everyone, I've received a conditional offer for the MSc in Human Rights , I have a couple of questions as I'm a little confused. I got the offer email on May 5th and am expecting the letter to arrive at some point (post here in Egypt is rather awful). So shall I get in touch with LSE and explain this or?

Secondly, about accommodation, what sort of residence is best suited for a postrgrad student on a shoestring? Any advice on this?

Cheers everyone!

Hey Mo! Are you still starting LSE this fall. I'm in Egypt as well, actually been here for the past 4 years and I'm leaving soon.
Reply 292
Original post by davidm88
Hey Mo! Are you still starting LSE this fall. I'm in Egypt as well, actually been here for the past 4 years and I'm leaving soon.

Hi! Sorry I'm late replying. Yeah, I've accepted my offer now! Really excited/nervous. Which programme are you studying? I leave on the 21st.
Reply 293
MSc Local Economic Development. You leave on the 21st? Wow! that's early. I'll be staying at Nutford House (U of L) and my housing contract begins on the 25th. I haven't even started processing my visa yet because our final results @ Cairo University were released late.

Are you renting private accommodation or staying at the university halls? Btw, I'm Nigerian
Reply 294
Nice to meet you! I'm British-Egyptian. My registration is on the 23rd so I figured the 21st is enough for me to settle and everything. I'm staying at university halls (Butler's Wharf)!
Reply 295
I think most postgraduate halls (like Butlers Wharf) are self-catering and you have to provide your own kitchen utensils. So what programme are you studying? are you from AUC?
Reply 296
No, I went to the British Uni here. Did Politics and Economics and will be doing a masters in Human Rights! =)
MSc Finance :smile:

Doing it part time though.............. anyone else taking this?
I read somewhere in this thread that we can ask to have our applications be reviewed for both msc we applied to at the same time? Is it true and how can I ask such a thing? thx

Quick Reply