The Student Room Group

DELETE

delete
(edited 13 years ago)
I am going to study a masters to supplement my professional experience. I almost did things your way last year, but had a change of heart at the last minute.

What sort of jobs have you been applying for and getting rejected? Don't loose heart...the job market is very poor at the moment.

I think a masters is a big decision, and I am very glad that I did not take it lightly.
My bro did a masters in social research but works in market research.
Original post by orangeboy
What were your plans and why did you have a change of heart? I assume you regret it now if you're going to study a masters?

Initially I wanted to be a teacher and applied for Teach first teaching Citizenship but I was rejected. I then decided to pursue a PGCE in Citizenship but I hated my work experience (probably because I did it at my secondary school and it brought back bad memories) and the uncertainty with Citizenship in schools led to drop that ambition for the time being.

Now I have no career plan and feel lost. I have applied to many jobs such as retail positions (and I have been rejected). I haven't applied to any other graduate schemes other than teach First because I haven't seen any that I am particularly interested in.
My last job was data entry during the Christmas period and now I am trying figure out what to do with myself.

I had a change of heart because I moved to the Middle East to continue learning Arabic and was offered a job at an NGO.

No no I do not regret it. My first choice for next year I can defer until 2012 so that is really my plan.

Also In order for further career progression in my field (development and security) you need a specific masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending