Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changing My Life!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    No worries, you do look a bit better but from different pics it is hard to tell...

Maybe take your own undies pics for your own reference. No need to post them.

It IS a lot easier to tell the difference for even small changes when you don't hve different clothes/angles/lighting as well..
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    No worries, you do look a bit better but from different pics it is hard to tell...

Maybe take your own undies pics for your own reference. No need to post them.

It IS a lot easier to tell the difference for even small changes when you don't hve different clothes/angles/lighting as well..
    Yeah I know what you mean. I guess I can tell the difference a lot easier because I know what I look like normally, and I've seen all the horrendously huge pics of me on facebook to compare them to lol!

Anyway!

1lb down this week. Knew it wouldn't be my usual 2lb because I was a bit naughty watching Comic Relief on Friday.. still no chocolate though, which I'm very pleased with myself about! =)

xxx
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can defo tell from your face that you have lost weight and looking at your hip/tummy : chest ratio I can see that your hips and tummy have really got smaller! Well done!
    Are you going to start weight training soon?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    You can defo tell from your face that you have lost weight and looking at your hip/tummy : chest ratio I can see that your hips and tummy have really got smaller! Well done!
    Are you going to start weight training soon?
    Thank you!
    To be honest I hadn't even thought about it. Just trying to lose as much as I can in the next 5 weeks because that's when my sponsored thing ends..

I guess I do want to properly tone after that rather than just lose weight, so yes I probably will. Nothing hardcore or anything, I have a couple of weighty things at home (we practically have a home gym- the amount I've spent on failed weight loss attempts over the years is hilarious) so I'll use those.

I have a new aim by the way everyone!

I have a huge party in December, where everyone I know/admire etc will be, so i need to be able to wear a nice dress by then.

I would say that I was aiming for a size 10, but I'm not sure if my body is even capable of getting that small, so I'm not sure But either way, it's that party that I'm kind of aiming towards now when I think about just how much weight I want to lose.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your efforts it's really inspiring watching this thread. I've hated how I look for years but will manage a week or two of exercising or eating healthy before giving up (and I mean or, I hardly ever did both together!). But watching this has really made me want to stick with it this time
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you can really see it despite the different clothes lighting etc in the pictures
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeighAnne93)
    Well done on your efforts it's really inspiring watching this thread. I've hated how I look for years but will manage a week or two of exercising or eating healthy before giving up (and I mean or, I hardly ever did both together!). But watching this has really made me want to stick with it this time
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you can really see it despite the different clothes lighting etc in the pictures
    Thank you! I'm mainly making this so people aren't embarrassed/ashamed anymore because I've spent practically my whole life so far hiding behind baggy clothes and not really being very confident.. but now I'm changing a lot- and I'm still what most people consider "big"!

I hope you find peace with yourself soon hun, as soon as you lose a little bit and people starting complimenting you it's just amazing :]
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have lost 2lbs this week! That brings my total weight loss to 21lbs, and I haven't had a single STS or gain since January! If you knew me as a person, you'd know just how impressive that was =)

So am pretty pleased with myself, haha. Fingers crossed I can keep this up, because it's almost summer and maybe I'll be able to wear nice summer clothes!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Haven't lost any weight this week, which I am a little disappointed about First STS since January though, so I suppose I should be pleased about that. I just have to make sure that I make more of an effort this week; I don't want to hit a wall just yet!

Hope everyone is well :-)
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lost 1lb this week, which was a very welcome loss seeing as I had my first no loss since January last week :] Wasn't sure how much I was going to lose, as I am being pretty lazy at the moment due to the fact I have to prioritise revision over anything else right now.

But even so, 1lb is all good, and that makes a grand total of 22lbs so far! :]
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done so far! Its inspiring to see how well you're doing

You can really tell that yo've lost weight, and now you've started and lost so much, you'll find it so much easier to stay motivated

And good luck for the rest - I hope you can get down to a size 10, that would be an amazing achievement. Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll look lovely
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Well done so far! Its inspiring to see how well you're doing

You can really tell that yo've lost weight, and now you've started and lost so much, you'll find it so much easier to stay motivated

And good luck for the rest - I hope you can get down to a size 10, that would be an amazing achievement. Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll look lovely
    Thank you! It is easy to stay motivated now that I can really see the difference. I hope I'll be in a 10 some day.. I don't really know what kind of figure I have (hidden it for so long) and don't know whether I'd ever be able to get down that low.. but fingers crossed!

Weigh in tomorrow so no doubt I'll post again :] Been a little bit naughty this holiday.. but I've been revising so I genuinely cannot help it! Soo annoying.

Anyway, the reason I came onto this thread tonight is that I've decided I really want to start running! I watched the marathon today and the feeling that those people must have had when they finished the race.. wow. I want to feel that for myself some day.

So I'm setting myself a new challenge. I want to be able to do a marathon in the next five years, no matter how much of it I end up having to walk.

I'm going to start training now, but still concentrating on losing the weight as obviously I have a long way to go. But I'm kind of determined.. and have been for a while, but it's only now that I'm able to see that it is sort of a possibility.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)

Anyway, the reason I came onto this thread tonight is that I've decided I really want to start running! I watched the marathon today and the feeling that those people must have had when they finished the race.. wow. I want to feel that for myself some day.

So I'm setting myself a new challenge. I want to be able to do a marathon in the next five years, no matter how much of it I end up having to walk.
    As you're in no rush i'd start on the couch to 5k plan first(8/9 weeks to go from blob to running for half an hour) of all to get you a nice base level of running fitness and then from there maybe spend a whilst just running some 5k runs and then you can work up to 10k and then half marathon and then marathon...

Tbh with the couch to 5k most people can skip the first week or two but that is the easiest way to do it...

The plan is simple and many websties have it...

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-...ning-plan.aspx

NHS even has podcasts which tell you when to run/stop etc. That should be good...

And before i forget when you get to the end(or near the end) of the couch to 5k plan you can start entering parkruns(free 5k runs every saturday morning across the country).
    http://parkrun.com/home.aspx
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    As you're in no rush i'd start on the couch to 5k plan first(8/9 weeks to go from blob to running for half an hour) of all to get you a nice base level of running fitness and then from there maybe spend a whilst just running some 5k runs and then you can work up to 10k and then half marathon and then marathon...

Tbh with the couch to 5k most people can skip the first week or two but that is the easiest way to do it...

The plan is simple and many websties have it...

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-...ning-plan.aspx

NHS even has podcasts which tell you when to run/stop etc. That should be good...

And before i forget when you get to the end(or near the end) of the couch to 5k plan you can start entering parkruns(free 5k runs every saturday morning across the country).
    http://parkrun.com/home.aspx
    Hi thank you very much for this, it's really helpful. I had no idea where to start I was just kind of going to run and hope for the best!! But this is great and there's one of those parkruns a 10 minute drive from my house, which is just awesome.

+rep!
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi thank you very much for this, it's really helpful. I had no idea where to start I was just kind of going to run and hope for the best!! But this is great and there's one of those parkruns a 10 minute drive from my house, which is just awesome.

+rep!
    No worries. I've been stalking this thread since the start and felt like helping.

In the longer run you should definately start doing weighttraining but for that you need a gym really... And as you're doing a slimathon weight training goes against that as you'd still lose fat but you'd be gaining muscle...
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    No worries. I've been stalking this thread since the start and felt like helping.

In the longer run you should definately start doing weighttraining but for that you need a gym really... And as you're doing a slimathon weight training goes against that as you'd still lose fat but you'd be gaining muscle...
    Thank you

The slimathon finishes in 2 weeks so these plans are for then, as I do want to tone up. I have a gym membership so that's not a problem, I wouldn't mind about gaining muscle then. Plus I have so much fat to lose I think it'll take a fair amount of time before I gain more muscle weight than I lose fat weight.. but as I said I won't mind providing I can lose the weight

It's exciting now I'm into it, feel as though I can really do it.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    marathon
    I think it's really great that you're inspired to run by the London Marathon! It's a really great long-term goal. My one tip for running is to invest in a really decent pair of trainers. Go to a shop where they analyse your running style and fit the shoes for you if you can. You don't want to have to quit running because your trainers caused you to get shin splints.
    Also, if you can run on softer surfaces such as grass or a track at first, do that. Pounding the pavements can be a shock to your legs!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    O.P. this is really impressive!! You must have great will power! What was the turning point for you to lose weight? I can be great for two weeks with eating really well and exercising loads but I always fail then and end up having a terrible 2 weeks and then the cycle starts again
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I think it's really great that you're inspired to run by the London Marathon! It's a really great long-term goal. My one tip for running is to invest in a really decent pair of trainers. Go to a shop where they analyse your running style and fit the shoes for you if you can. You don't want to have to quit running because your trainers caused you to get shin splints.
    Also, if you can run on softer surfaces such as grass or a track at first, do that. Pounding the pavements can be a shock to your legs!
    Yes I will do that thanks for the advice! Goodness knows if I'll ever be able to run a marathon, I mean I can't even run half a mile at the moment, but that's what trainings there for!! I've worked out a route round mine that's a mile long, and it's about half grass half pavement so not all too bad.. I won't pretend I'll be able to run it all for a while anyway :')

(Original post by JupiterSunshine)
    O.P. this is really impressive!! You must have great will power! What was the turning point for you to lose weight? I can be great for two weeks with eating really well and exercising loads but I always fail then and end up having a terrible 2 weeks and then the cycle starts again
    Thank you! Something bad happened to me before Christmas and I needed to do something positive- and I lost a friend to cystic fibrosis so I just knew it was that I wanted to raise money for!

Lost 2lbs this week Making a total of 24lbs so far since January.. awesome. Not sure how it happened as I have been a little bit lazy this week but never mind I'm not gonna complain about it!

Went to ASDA today (yes I know how to treat myself..) and got two pairs of denim shorts.. in the past I would have struggled to get into a size 18, but size 16s were a perfect fit and, if anything, I think with a few more lbs down I might even be able to get into the 14s! But one step at a time, eh!

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Gemma !;30936609

Lost 2lbs this week Making a total of 24lbs so far since January.. awesome. Not sure how it happened as I have been a little bit lazy this week but never mind I'm not gonna complain about it!

Went to ASDA today (yes I know how to treat myself..) and got two pairs of denim shorts.. in the past I would have struggled to get into a size 18, but size 16s were a perfect fit and, if anything, I think with a few more lbs down I might even be able to get into the 14s! But one step at a time, eh!

[/QUOTE]

Congrats OP! Much better will power than me! haha! How have you got on with not eating crisps? they are my biggest downfall too!

Hope its still going well xx
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    All was going well until today.
Updated: December 9, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.