The Student Room Group

Please can someone calm me down, and I'll love you forever!

I've got my first ever A-level exam on Tuesday, which is my AS Biology one. Then the next day I have psychology, then the next day I have chemistry. Problem is, I feel so sick right now at the thought of how important these exams are to me. I'm sat here condensing down my notes and doing past papers, but I still don't feel too confident. I need to calm down, and I want these next few days to be over and done with as fast as possible. I didn't ever think it would come to a point where I felt physically ill due to exam worries, but maybe that's because this is the first time I've ever been genuinely bothered about exams.
Is anyone on the same boat as me here?

Scroll to see replies

I'm assuming you've revised? If you have, you'll be fine. There's no point worrying cuz you could be using the time you're worrying for revision. I'm also nervous for the AS Biology one and I've done tonnes of work, everyone is nervous, just try your best. Best of luck!
Allow me:

I'm feeling exactly the same way! I have Bio on Tuesday, Physics on Wednesday and Chem on Thursday and I'm stressing out. I've realised I've procrastinated too much therefore I've done no revision at all! (I'm not lying) You sound like you've done a lot of revision so I think you're going to do perfectly well when someone like me is going to crash and burn :tongue: I just want this week to be over and done with asap.
There are lots of other people in your situation, if not in a worse situation. Chill out, lots of people got like this, including me. Just do the work, stick with the past papers and stuff and you'll be prepared enough to go into that exam, sit it and be successful.
You lot doing biology you seem to have it this tuesday when i have it on the next tuesday. I keep thinking i have the wrong date but i'm doing OCR biology molecules unit first rather than all that about plants, heart lungs etc. I do have it next tuesday don't i?! LOl
Reply 6
Is Ganja an option? If you're stressed then you won't be able to take in any info, the best thing to do is keep calm and revise. The exam won't be as bad as you think if you can sit there and think clearly.

Good luck.
Reply 7
Original post by Robpattinsonxxx
You lot doing biology you seem to have it this tuesday when i have it on the next tuesday. I keep thinking i have the wrong date but i'm doing OCR biology molecules unit first rather than all that about plants, heart lungs etc. I do have it next tuesday don't i?! LOl

Yep, I'm retaking the Cells, and Exchange and Transport module, which is on the 11th. The Biological Molecules, Food and Health, and Biodiversity and Evolution module is Tuesday the 18th.

As for the thread starter, if you eff up now, you have the chance to retake, don't worry. It's seriously not the end of the world. I find that looking for the point of nervousness in your body calms you down, because you try to find it, and then find nothing. Seems like you've done your revision. Take breaks, drink, sing, and go back to revision.

Good luck to you guys. Hope you do well! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
As someone who's done it last year, don't worry about failing the janurary exams this year. You can always retake. I'm taking philosophy unit 1 for the third time on tues. So don't worry, even if you fail it's really not the end of the world.
Reply 9
i felt the same way about my physics exam last week. i do all three sciences so balancing revision etc. is pretty tough. i just sat down and went through a past paper and highlighted everything (even small things) that needed work and went through them all. i did another past paper and got a b! all hope is not lost! and i could probably improve that between now and my exam. even if they dont go as well as you want then you can always retake them. teachers dont expect you to get top marks in the january exams anyway because apparently year 12 students are still settling in to a levels, so dont worry and good luck :smile:
Worst comes to worst theres always retakes. Alot of people retake January AS Exams because theyre such a shock from GCSE and therefore students are unprepared.
Reply 11
goosefraba?
Reply 12
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Allow me:

/thread
Reply 13
Yep: DIE DIE DIE. FAIL FAIL FAIL. GRADE U U U.
Oops. Sorry.
You'll be fine, sweetie.
Reply 15
Original post by scotttb
goosefraba?

:biggrin: I remember that.
Reply 17
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Deep....

Spoiler

Yes.
I feel exactly the same but a littl emore relaxed, i went over-board with revising and everyone is telling me how well i'm going to do but i feel pressured to do well now. What you need to is sit down, no notes or revision and do whatever relaxes you (drinking hot chocolate or something) luckily my exams are spread out (: but i keep needing to sit down and do nothiing before i die :L

Quick Reply