The Student Room Group

Headboy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
One of my friends saw a boy in the year below us ( certainly the next head boy favourite) tell off a pupil for their scruffy uniform, very disturbing.
I'm in the running for Head Girl at my school. Wish me luck! I find out on Wednesday or thursday if I got it.

I'm not bothered if I do or not but my teachers keep saying I'll make a good one. So you know, I hope I do!
Phillip

One of my friends saw a boy in the year below us ( certainly the next head boy favourite) tell off a pupil for their scruffy uniform, very disturbing.

:eek: lol, he's really getting into his duties very early:p:

Choccielatte
I'm in the running for Head Girl at my school. Wish me luck! I find out on Wednesday or thursday if I got it.

I'm not bothered if I do or not but my teachers keep saying I'll make a good one. So you know, I hope I do!

Cool, good luck! I was told last tuesday morning (the day before sixth form started) that I was deputy head girl and I was sleeping so my dad handed me over the phone and when I realised it was my Head of Sixth form I was just thinking to myself 'act awake'. :p:

It's a great priviledge and I've noticed lots of external and some internal year 12 students coming up to me for help whether it be finding their way around, asking questions about the sixth form etc so it's a good feeling. But now I have to look forward to organising the leavers dance and year book with the other senior prefects.:wink:

I'm sure you'll be a fab head girl. Let us know if you are.:smile:
I will. But theres this other girl I think will get it. She's like me and high grades and that, but I've represented the school volutarily in my own time without being asked to, as a favour and this girl hasn't. I will be really miffed if I don't get at least Deputy!

I may sound really up myself but I'm really not, I know I have worked hard for 4 years and been a perfect example (uniform and work and no detentions at all etc) and to have that go all unnoticed would annoy me no end.

Especially when you've voluntarily given up your own time from 5 -8.30 most Thursdays (if there was an event on) making coffee for the teachers whether I was tired or ill or not, I put what ever I was meant to be doing on hold.

I even sacrificed a nights Geography revision during my Year 10 mocks.

Got a B though with 10 minutes revision! :biggrin: That showed my Geography teacher who reckoned I'd struggle to get one (Yeah whatever!)

I just hope they remember how much I've done!
Reply 44
Choccielatte have you done extra-curricular stuff though, that always contributes
Choccielatte
I will. But theres this other girl I think will get it. She's like me and high grades and that, but I've represented the school volutarily in my own time without being asked to, as a favour and this girl hasn't. I will be really miffed if I don't get at least Deputy!

I may sound really up myself but I'm really not, I know I have worked hard for 4 years and been a perfect example (uniform and work and no detentions at all etc) and to have that go all unnoticed would annoy me no end.

Especially when you've voluntarily given up your own time from 5 -8.30 most Thursdays (if there was an event on) making coffee for the teachers whether I was tired or ill or not, I put what ever I was meant to be doing on hold.

I even sacrificed a nights Geography revision during my Year 10 mocks.

Got a B though with 10 minutes revision! :biggrin: That showed my Geography teacher who reckoned I'd struggle to get one (Yeah whatever!)

I just hope they remember how much I've done!

Cool, it seems like you've done alot for your school. Have you received any news yet?
Reply 46
I was Head Boy at my secondary school...the main things are to have a good relationship with senior staff members and teachers, be confident and have a defined character, be popular (they are looking for a role model for lower students in the school) and also, you should be good at public speaking.
El Mariachi
I was Head Boy at my secondary school...the main things are to have a good relationship with senior staff members and teachers, be confident and have a defined character, be popular (they are looking for a role model for lower students in the school) and also, you should be good at public speaking.

yep. congrats to everyone who has just got a position - i had a fab time as Head Girl :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending