The Student Room Group

OCR M3 24/01/11 (Not MEI)

Who else is doing this exam? How you finding preparation/topics?
Reply 1
Original post by Rational Paradox
Anyone?

I'm finding it ok but im stuck on question 8 (last part) of revision exercise 2 on page 141 on the offical m3 book for ocr by Douglas Qquading.
Original post by imzir
I'm finding it ok but im stuck on question 8 (last part) of revision exercise 2 on page 141 on the offical m3 book for ocr by Douglas Qquading.

Ah i don't have that book, whats the general gist of it?

I think i'm alright on everything apart from when they bring in anything involving springs or random C4 stuff! -_-
Reply 3
OK So how did everyone find the exam? I thought it was actually quite decent compared to the past papers. What people opinions?
Original post by imzir
OK So how did everyone find the exam? I thought it was actually quite decent compared to the past papers. What people opinions?

Yeah i thought it was good, The work done bit at the end was a bit odd though - but at least they gave you loads of show that style questions
Reply 5
Yeah i thought it was good, The work done bit at the end was a bit odd though - but at least they gave you loads of show that style questions

did you get 2880J for the last question to 3sf.
Reply 6
and yeah there were a lot of show that questions which was good because we know if we made a mistake.
Original post by imzir
did you get 2880J for the last question to 3sf.

i got 230J, which may be wrong, but hopefully i'll scrape some method marks or something

Everyone at my centre thought it was a hard paper, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be 56/55 out of 72 for an A
Reply 8
i got 230J, which may be wrong, but hopefully i'll scrape some method marks or something

Everyone at my centre thought it was a hard paper, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be 56/55 out of 72 for an A

I worked out the distance and velocity and did.

g.p.e = k.e. + w.d.
Reply 9
also did you get v as 290 ( 1 - e^-x/200)
Original post by imzir
also did you get v as 290 ( 1 - e^-x/200)

Yeah thats what i got, and then just said that as x is large, e^-f(x) tends to 0, so thus v^2 < 3920
Original post by imzir
I worked out the distance and velocity and did.

g.p.e = k.e. + w.d.

Ah i just did work done by Air resistance + work done by gravity =/ damn!

but i worked out the velocity and distance, and gpe, so hopefully that'll give me 3/6 or w/e
Reply 12
Yeah thats what i got, and then just said that as x is large, e^-f(x) tends to 0, so thus v^2 < 3920

i just said that e^-x/200 is always greater than zero. therefore v2 has to be less than 3920
Reply 13
Ah i just did work done by Air resistance + work done by gravity =/ damn!

but i worked out the velocity and distance, and gpe, so hopefully that'll give me 3/6 or w/e

yeah probably 3 or 4 marks out of 6. Im so happy there were a lot f show that questions and i think they did that because alot of people can make small errors which means that they cant get full marks on later parts of the question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending