The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Durham vs Warwick for Physics

A difficult choice. Both universities seem very prestigious, and high on league tables. Sadly I am aware league tables aren't the most accurrate descriptions of university quality, so I came here to ask you guys!

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject will be able to tell me the advantages of each university in regards to Physics. Living conditions, location and social life aside, I would love to hear simply about the academic side of things.

Much thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!
I have to admit Durham is probably more well recognized for it's physics department, but both are really good departments. I'd make the choice based on the other factors.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Mainguy
A difficult choice. Both universities seem very prestigious, and high on league tables. Sadly I am aware league tables aren't the most accurrate descriptions of university quality, so I came here to ask you guys!

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject will be able to tell me the advantages of each university in regards to Physics. Living conditions, location and social life aside, I would love to hear simply about the academic side of things.

Much thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

5 Durham 3.99 2.75 542 82 98.4
6 Glasgow 4.18 2.75 402 86 97.0
7 Birmingham 4.45 2.70 452 78 96.9
8 Lancaster 4.06 2.90 394 82 96.3
9 Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest