The Student Room Group

TGI Fridays Audition

I have an audition for TGI Fridays on Saturday and I have no idea what to expect. The email said no dress code but dress as wacky as you dare, and that you can bring props.

I applied for the position of bar tender and waitress but it doesn't say which one the interview is for.

Can someone tell what what to expect? Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OMG so do i, did you apply for the Derby one? I have no idea what to do, when they said juggling balls it threw me. I though about doing some random dance but i really dont know !
Reply 2
Yeah it threw me as well. I thought it was just going to be a normal interview. I was thinking dancing showing that I'm not scared to be silly.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
yeah same i was going to do random dance, might just improvise when i get there. We might be getting paranoid over nothing lol. Good luck anyway im on facebook by the way if you need a friendly face when youre there. My names James Palmer :smile:
Reply 4
yeah I was thinking about maybe improvising. but I cant stop thinking about it. The word audition makes it more scary lol. Thanks, I don't use Facebook myself. But I will look out for you, when I'm there. :smile:
Reply 5
I had one on thursday (for the Derby TGI) I ticked 'kitchen, waitressing & cleaning' but on thurs it was meant to be purely for kitchen applicants & loads of us hoped to do mainly waitressing, & ended up cooking in the kitchen, aha. just wondering how your 'audition' went? What did you have to do? & when did they say they would contact you by?
Reply 6
i had an audition today at derby and went for host or bar, did the audition then we all got sent out the room. myself and 5 others were called back in 5 minutes later and told we were successful and would be contacted next week regarding training... apparentely 600 applied, it was whittled down to 250 via the online application forms and the successful ones were been picked from the auditions..!!! so i am very pleased and happy today :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by hales78
i had an audition today at derby and went for host or bar, did the audition then we all got sent out the room. myself and 5 others were called back in 5 minutes later and told we were successful and would be contacted next week regarding training... apparentely 600 applied, it was whittled down to 250 via the online application forms and the successful ones were been picked from the auditions..!!! so i am very pleased and happy today :smile:

Congratulations! It's always rewarding knowing how many applicants you beat.

Just out of curiosity, what were you asked to do at the audition? I'm interested to how TGI Fridays test the personality of the candidates to see if they're employable.
Reply 8
Well done! :smile: Where did you audition in Derby? Was a manager named Darren there?
Reply 9
Hi, I've got my audition tomorrow. I've got no idea what to wear or to expect. What kind of things did they make people do?
Reply 10
Hi :smile: what are you auditioning for? & are doing it at the Nottingham one?
Reply 11
It is for a bar member or waitress and its in Derby.
Reply 12
i auditioned at aston court hotel and yes darren the manager was there along with a few other guys who will be training us up..... as for the audition don't be freaked out, we just had to pair up write down the other persons name, age, position applied for, talent and what choc bar we would be if we was one and why... there was people there singing, dancing, doing gymnastics, bending all parts of there bodies,lol, and good old me produced my origami butterfly..!!! i think alot of it must go on your online application form as it must be hard for them to pick out staff via the audition... but it was good fun and a laugh..so good luck to you all and might see some of you soon :smile:
Reply 13
Would you recommend people taking something or performing some sort of talent then?
Reply 14
well thats what they ask you to do so anything really, one girl wrote a poem and she was successful, so anything you feel is a talent just do it and enjoy it...
Reply 15
Did some people not take anything?
Reply 16
yes, some just sang or danced...anyway how did it go today??
Reply 17
I got through too, i wonder what the next part will be?
I have an interview Friday! At Derby, hope it goes well, i'm nervous
Reply 19
I'm scared! Got an interview tomorrow at 3pm, what kind of things are you planning to do for your talent thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending