The Student Room Group

What date is the Advanced Higher Physics Investigation Sent off to the SQA?

I'm self-teaching advanced physics so I don't know the external deadline.
I know different schools will have different internal deadlines so I'm wondering if anyone knows the date that they are getting sent off on?
Thanks. :smile:
Dear SQA,

Your new site is pants. (Just tried to find this information; could find it instantly beforehand, now found one promising-looking page, with a promising-sounding link. Clicked said link, only to find it was broken.)

Love,
me.
Reply 2
Reply 3

I already had and couldn't find it. That's why I was posting on here to see if anyone who has a teacher knows the date.
Our teacher thinks its in the easter holidays, so is making us all hand them in completed by the 31st March which I think is the last day of term. Chemistry is letting us edit them over the holidays because they say it a few days after we come back after the holidays. I don't know exactly but I hope that gives you a rough idea!
Reply 5
Original post by LindsayJemma
Our teacher thinks its in the easter holidays, so is making us all hand them in completed by the 31st March which I think is the last day of term. Chemistry is letting us edit them over the holidays because they say it a few days after we come back after the holidays. I don't know exactly but I hope that gives you a rough idea!

My Computing teacher works for the SQA so he has higher levels of access to the website so found the date for me.
It's the 27th April for your information.
Original post by alasdair1993
My Computing teacher works for the SQA so he has higher levels of access to the website so found the date for me.

Reply 7

It isn't one date for all schools. That may be the final deadline for SQA to receive the paperwork but they set earlier dates for individual schools due to the way they are collected by SQA. The SQA emailed my school to say that they had booked a courier to collect all the AH investigations for Physics, Chemistry & Biology at the start of April (I think the date was 4th April).
Reply 8
Original post by Chandler
It isn't one date for all schools. That may be the final deadline for SQA to receive the paperwork but they set earlier dates for individual schools due to the way they are collected by SQA. The SQA emailed my school to say that they had booked a courier to collect all the AH investigations for Physics, Chemistry & Biology at the start of April (I think the date was 4th April).

Oh right I see.
I will check with the Head of Science at my school then.
Thanks for the heads up. :wink:
I think it's around the 26/27th of April.

That's the final deadline, but all schools/colleges have different deadlines to get all of the investigations done.
Reply 10
I'm self-teaching advanced physics so I don't know the external deadline.
I know different schools will have different internal deadlines so I'm wondering if anyone knows the date that they are getting sent off on?

I'd email the SQA to ask when the exact date would be for you, just because it might be different than doing it through the school.

Also, how is teaching yourself Advanced higher physics going? The people taking it in my school say it's the hardest subject that they've ever done.
Reply 11
Original post by KCosmo
I'd email the SQA to ask when the exact date would be for you, just because it might be different than doing it through the school.

Also, how is teaching yourself Advanced higher physics going? The people taking it in my school say it's the hardest subject that they've ever done.

I did email them explaining to them that I was self-teaching so could they please tell me the deadline and they emailed me back saying ask your physics teacher.... FAIL!
I love it. :smile: I've finished allthe theory and got an A in my prelim. The investigation is tough though!
Reply 12
I did email them explaining to them that I was self-teaching so could they please tell me the deadline and they emailed me back saying ask your physics teacher.... FAIL!
I love it. :smile: I've finished allthe theory and got an A in my prelim. The investigation is tough though!

Haha, I think they failed to grasp that the fundamental principle behind self teaching is that you don't have a teacher :tongue:

Well done for getting an A in your prelim! You must be pretty motivated, and it helps a lot that you really enjoy it! Can I ask how you got to do a prelim if you're self teaching it? Did you have to sit it in a school/college?

I know how you feel with the project, I'm slogging through my chemistry one just now :tongue:
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending