The Student Room Group

I hate four weddings and a funeral

I was sooo disappointed by this film that I had to come on here and trash it! And I am genuinely curious about what people like about it so much that its become a rom-com classic!

First of all I am not a cynical person when it comes to this genre, I am a fan of all the other Richard Curtis/Hugh Grant films - Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, Love Actually...But there was nothing I liked about it, apart from the characters of the main friendship group, who were all entertaining and well-acted. I loved the funeral scene, but that was the only part I found particularly touching or moving. Nearly everyhing else about the plot annoyed me - Charles almost marrying his psycho ex and that cheating, manipulative b*tch Carrie in general...and she is not even pretty! I hated her! and I loved Kristin Scott Thomas' character. I found it impossible to enjoy a film where the central 'love' story irritated me so much.

So please tell me. What is so good about this film?
I never really liked it either, the whole Andie McDowell having sex with Hugh Grant while she's engaged, then inviting him and all his friends who she doesn't know to the wedding was just weird. Was that supposed to be romantic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending