The Student Room Group

Nursing bursary for degree course

Has this been reduced recently? I remember a few months ago using the online calculator and seeing that I'd be entitled to the full £6k or thereabouts, now it looks like the highest figure available to anyone is less than £3k!

I'm an independent, mature student so my income is assessed as zero, how can the bursary available be so low? Does anybody know before I start panicking that I won't be able to do this?

Thanks
Reply 1
Are you getting the bursary amounts for the diploma and degree mixed up? The diploma is £6,000 whereas the degree amount is means tested and a bit less than half that.
Reply 2
Original post by Larrabee
Has this been reduced recently? I remember a few months ago using the online calculator and seeing that I'd be entitled to the full £6k or thereabouts, now it looks like the highest figure available to anyone is less than £3k!

I'm an independent, mature student so my income is assessed as zero, how can the bursary available be so low? Does anybody know before I start panicking that I won't be able to do this?

Thanks

Depends on where you're doing the degree at and where you will be living (i.e with parents or in own home/accommodation). I am at uni in london and don't live with my parents and based on my parents income get the full amount and that is £5274 per year so thats the absolute max you can get but this is less if you are at a university outside of london, living with parents, or income is more than this.

The diploma however has a non means tested bursary of I think around £6-£7k mark.
Reply 3
Def the difference between diploma and degree. I'm hoping to get onto a course that starts as diploma for 2 years (full bursary) and then transfer to degree for final year.
Original post by Roodie
Are you getting the bursary amounts for the diploma and degree mixed up? The diploma is £6,000 whereas the degree amount is means tested and a bit less than half that.

This sounds most likely.

Quick Reply

Latest