The Student Room Group

History Offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
humperdink
i got an offer from durham (trevelyan) today for straight history in 2007!

Is that because you asked for deferred entry, or have they taken it into their heads to make offers two years in advance?!
Reply 81
i applied deferred
Reply 82
just got an offet from Newcastle :smile:
Reply 83
Scout
just got an offet from Newcastle :smile:

congrats! what grades have they asked for?
Reply 84
vixi22
congrats! what grades have they asked for?

AA :eek: without general studies, in their propectus they said ABB with GS - liars :p:
thats harsh, last year i got an ABB offer with general studies!
Reading and Queens Belfast have offered me places.
Reply 87
Two AAB offers from York and Nottingham.
Reply 88
bham seem to have given out tonnes of offers, how long did it take u to get one? i've only had one offer, tis very sad hehe
Reply 89
has anyone heard from oxford for history? i havent heard anything...do u think it means i wont get an interview? ( bare in mind im in australia). I think i got an offer from durham tho.
Reply 90
has anyone heard from oxford for history? i havent heard anything...do u think it means i wont get an interview? ( bare in mind im in australia). I think i got an offer from durham tho.
I think you would have heard about the interviews at Oxford by now.... this time last year i was having my interview and im sure foreign students were also having theres..... but its unusual for them not to have sent u a letter stating that you werent going to be interviewed... hmmm
I think you would have heard about the interviews at Oxford by now.... this time last year i was having my interview and im sure foreign students were also having theres..... but its unusual for them not to have sent u a letter stating that you werent going to be interviewed... hmmm
Reply 93
Hurrah. I just got another offer.

Modern History/Political Science at Birmingham, AAB.
^^^congrats! where are people still waiting to hear from?
Reply 95
White_redrose

York, SOAS, Kings. And Cambridge have stopped emailing me!! :mad:
Reply 96
at my college, oxford are known to be notoriously slow at letting students know about interview, one lad last year heard on friday and his interview was on the monday!!! i assume they would have more consideration for international students though x
Reply 97
White_redrose

I still have to hear from LSE, York, Manchester and Queen Mary.

I don't want any interviews, I tend to ramble and get much too enthusiastic.
Reply 98
I've yet to hear from UCL. Turns out that my predicted grades weren't as bad as I thought: ABB (as opposed to BBC). I'm happy. Had my Queen Mary interview today, so its all good. One down, hopefully one (at UCL) to go.
Reply 99
I have still heard nothing from UCL, Kings or Sussex. Damnit. Have offers from Aber, Keele and Leicester (300 points, 280 and ABB respectively)

Quick Reply