The Student Room Group

Psychology A2 - PSYA3 AQA A - Jan 2011 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hubbs
hey guys!
im doing the exam on friday and so nervous :/
im doing relationships - aggression + eating behaviour (anorexia is our disorder)
any ideas about what will come up?
i have a feeling deindividuation might because of the riots being in the news recently.
your thoughts? :smile:

Riots -- ?? the paper was written more than a year ago ?
Reply 21
Original post by SashaLuLu
thank you :biggrin:

DID THAT SITE WORK FOR YOU? i clicked on it it said register to download so i did it and it didnt work and then stupid thing sloweddown my net and theeeeeeeeeennnnnn it closes all my tabs and thhhhhheeeeeeeen my work gets losssssssst and theeeeeeeeeennnnnnn i got peeeeedddddd offff and theeeeeen i ate to ease the stressss and nowwwwwwwwww Im just being stupiddddddddddddddddddddddd
I'm doing relationships, aggression and eating behaviour and I'm dreading the exam on Friday!!! :frown:
Reply 23
I'm doing Eating Behaviour, Relationships and Aggression too and I so know I'll have to re-sit in June =(. S*** subject =P
Reply 24
You all need to bear in mind that the papers are written 18months before the actual exam, so the news now doesn't have an affect on the paper.
sooooo excited yay :smile:
I know which questions I would like (anything biological for Relationships, Eating and Gender) and what I wouldn't like (Rels in other cultures and biosocial theories of gender dev).

I just want it to be over now. :smile:
Original post by Crochet_Ninja
I know which questions I would like (anything biological for Relationships, Eating and Gender) and what I wouldn't like (Rels in other cultures and biosocial theories of gender dev).

I just want it to be over now. :smile:

probably won't be r/ls in other cultures, that was june 2010 :smile:
Reply 28
goood luck everyonee
Reply 29
How did everyone find the exam?? For me, it was awful!! I just felt like crying!! :frown: Know I'm not getting my A now!
hiiii,
does anyone who did the aggression question, which was on evolutionary explanations, know whether my answer will still get marks. Instead of writing about infidelity, jealousy and rape etc. I wrote about Lorenz etc. and the fact that men needed to be aggressive to compete for a mate etcc.

I really don't think this is right, I'm panicking!!
Reply 31
yeah you'll get marks for that :smile:
thankyouu! thank god :smile:
Did anyone do Bio rythms? :smile:

I Just wrote about the three studies and evaluated them. Shifes Cave study, Morgans hansters, and shocates sleep-gate study.

I did NOT write about the biological process :frown: should I have done? How many marks am i looking at. The other two essays wernt great ether but i was hoping my sleep was perfect.

Thanks
Original post by joshbeno1991

I Just wrote about the three studies and evaluated them. Shifes Cave study, Morgans hansters, and shocates sleep-gate study.

I did NOT write about the biological process :frown: should I have done? How many marks am i looking at. The other two essays wernt great ether but i was hoping my sleep was perfect.

Thanks

I did bio rhythms, wrote about the A01 in as much detail as I could! Thought the question was amazing :biggrin: I used 3 studies, Morgans mutant hamsters, Campbell Et Al' light study and De Coursey's chipmunks
Our topics were Eating Disorders (Anorexia), Relationships and Aggression. Did anyone else do these? How did you find the exam? I was pleased with the eating and relationships questions but I only wrote about competition for mates and resources for the aggression question. Good luck everyone :redface:

Thanks

siffre not shife
Reply 37
Original post by KatKatMeow1
Our topics were Eating Disorders (Anorexia), Relationships and Aggression. Did anyone else do these? How did you find the exam? I was pleased with the eating and relationships questions but I only wrote about competition for mates and resources for the aggression question. Good luck everyone :redface:

Hey i did Aggression and Relationships to! :smile: Aggression question i guessed was going to come up and it was a dirty question i gota say. i wrote about infidelity, jealousy and said how they support Lorenz adaptive theory, and the relationships questions was similar to the specimen paper... but on the relationships one i said that proximity was part of stage and filter theory :/ but said like it worked along side frequency :/ ... i hope i get the marks ... what do you think?
Original post by Dill29
Hey i did Aggression and Relationships to! :smile: Aggression question i guessed was going to come up and it was a dirty question i gota say. i wrote about infidelity, jealousy and said how they support Lorenz adaptive theory, and the relationships questions was similar to the specimen paper... but on the relationships one i said that proximity was part of stage and filter theory :/ but said like it worked along side frequency :/ ... i hope i get the marks ... what do you think?

Your aggression stuff sounds good :smile: You orobably did better than me, many people I know wrote about that.
We learnt about Kerkchoff and Davis' Filter Theory and SET theory for the formation of relationships so I'm not sure I can tell you if what you have written is right :frown: sorry
Reply 39
Original post by KatKatMeow1

Yeah I did all of these topics!! I thought the questions were okay actually - I was expecting them to ask the questions in a tricky way, but it wasn't too bad. I saw what you said about aggression and it all seems good stuff, especailly for a 30 minute essay i reckon it was good! I ran out of time so the eating neural question was such a rush so I don't think it was that good, what did you mention?. I was really pleased about relationships question, I just talked about Matching hypothesis, rewards/needs reinforcement etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending