The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lil_sweetie
Has anyone ever told someone that they love them, even though they know the feeling isn't mutual? Not that I've done this, i'm just curious. what did the other person say / do?

I always tell people 'I love them', because I geniunely do.

I go to the extent of privatizing my car number plate up reading 'I luv u'

I also have brake lights reading 'I luv u'.

My street is called 'luv you depom street'

:biggrin: I feel the love.
Reply 21
someone i used to go out with told me he loved me after a day, e must have know i didn't feel the same. (abit soon if i must say)
xXMessedUpXx
My ex told me that when we were best friends. i think i managed to break his heart by telling him i only saw him as a friend. that said we did end up going out a month later, for 18 months.

that happened to me too..but we ended up being together for much much longer
Reply 23
aww thats well lovley!!
lil_sweetie
Has anyone ever told someone that they love them, even though they know the feeling isn't mutual? Not that I've done this, i'm just curious. what did the other person say / do?

Ive never done it but ive had to suffer it several times. What is it with girls that make them so eager to say 'i love you' at the drop of a hat? Really, its embaressing.
Reply 25
lil_sweetie

I did twice, with the same girl, and i knew that she didn't feel the same way, but I just loved her so much that I didn't really care, by this time i'd practically binned any chance of us being together, but we did stay friends.. and i was glad that i did tell her how I felt, even though it was perhaps too frequent that i said it!! :redface:
Reply 26

When I'd been going out with my boyfriend for just over a month, I suddenly felt this very strong urge to tell him that I loved him- I know a month may not seem like a long time, but we had literally spent all of our time between getting together and this moment with each other, and I felt this indescribable bond with him. It took me ages to tell him, but I finally got it out, and he was silent for aaages... I was terrified, because I had no idea whether he loved me or not- although I was pretty sure he cared for me at least. But he did say it back, and it was really really emotional. We're still together now, been together nearly 8 months although it's difficult at the moment as he's just gone to Uni so we're practising a long-distance relationship.

An ex told me he loved me through a text, which was sweet as he was shy but I didn't feel the same way about him and realised it only when he sent the text. We broke up soon after, partly because of that and partly because he turned out to be a complete and utter idiot...(he lied to me about certain things and he became incredibly possessive in a scary way.) This was 18 months ago at least, and he still follows me around everywhere. It's getting to the stage where I might slap him... :rolleyes:
Reply 27
I'm so scared of rejection! :frown::frown::frown:
i think if you think its right let em know
Both ways...cause I've been a complete bitch, not on purpose in my time.
I've told someone I love them and then found out in a rather horrible way they didn't exactly feel the same and also I've told someone I love them in response to an 'I love you' when I didn't...which is extremely mean obv and i never forgave myself :frown:
Reply 30
i am falling for someone but i dont wanna say anything :s-smilie:
Reply 31
jayne87
i am falling for someone but i dont wanna say anything :s-smilie:

Hmm.

I did, once; then again, and again, and again: all within the space of the ensuing five minutes. I had, not long before, imbibed my fifth half-litre can; she was only moderately inebriated, but also (and unbeknownst to me) medicated up to the eyeballs for clinical depression.

Yes, well; suffice it to say, there shall be no prizes for guessing how long that particular tryst took to 'peter out': other hallmarks of my 18th birthday party might even be described as fortuitous, by comparison.
Reply 32
My ex boyfriend tld me he loved me for the first time jst after i told him that i cldnt be in a relationship at the time
Reply 33
^^ Ooh that's bad timing...^^
Reply 34
I had two of my friends telling my that they loved me at one point. One of whome I let down gently and the other I have now been with for 2 and a half years. If you don't feel the same you just need to be honest.
Reply 35
Well not quite the same but I told my current boyfriend I loved him when I thought the feeling wasn't mutual. I wasn't really that scared cos obviously we were going out and I trusted him, but was a bit scared he'd freak out! It's the first time that I've made the first move with that sort of thing and I wimped out completely. It was a friend's 18th, and I took him out of the party and said "if I told you I loved you would you be freaked out?". He said "no..." so I said "oh...cos I love you" and it was fine, he said it back, phew, much kissing etc.

If I knew for sure the feeling wasn't mutual then I don't think I could do it, but if there was even the tiniest chance I think I would say it (and not be wimpy about it like I was with my current boyfriend), but that's just cos I'd have romantic visions of him secretly loving me back or whatever...sad really.

Cxx
Reply 36
GIRLS:...A stiff cock has no conscience. Never believe anything a 16 to 20 year old tells you.
A guy I met 3 weeks ago keeps telling me he loves me and its starting to freak me out. I guess we are 'officially' together but still its a bit too much, a bit too soon.
Reply 38
one of my mates has been with this guy for about 2 weeks and he is werid apprently and he told her he locves her wants kids and wants to move in with her so they are looking or a place together, how stupid is that?

and also she has been around her work place abit and all the guys have bets going on about her lol she is stupid enoguh to fall for them each time, total mug!!

i would never tell someone i love them i don;t trust people enough for that stronger word!! i would say i adore you, or ive fallen for you but not love no way!!
Reply 39
i would never tell someone i love them i don;t trust people enough for that stronger word!! i would say i adore you, or ive fallen for you but not love no way!!

Not even if you are actually in love with them and you both know it? I can understand for a crush or short-term boyfriend, but if you are in love with someone wouldn't you want to tell them?

Latest

Trending

Trending