The Student Room Group

laughs in public

what do you do for laughs in public?

I sometimes "cheek" people in public, by saying things to get them irate, and walk off and laugh to myself. It's mostly younger guys who are like this, since they have big egos most often. why let somebody you don't know you irate you so? :biggrin::tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Really? Be careful because you might "cheek" the wrong person one day.
so? It's not my issue that people cannot get on in life, or let what strangers say affect them so.
Reply 3
I'm sure you'll not be so keen when someone responds with their fist in ur face troll
Some people are not in the mood to be "cheeked" and just want to be left alone.
So if you get punched, be sure to turn the other cheek
i don't care, it's them who looks bad. healthy people control their emotions. it's also the norm not to let people get to you.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Some people are not in the mood to be "cheeked" and just want to be left alone.
So if you get punched, be sure to turn the other cheek

Says who? don't let people get to you.
Reply 7
Original post by rajandkwameali
i don't care, it's them who looks bad. healthy people control their emotions. it's also the norm not to let people get to you.

Ok troll, what about self-preservation?

Do you not care that when you insult someone they could go to town on you and do some serious damage. Perhaps taking it as far as a blade in the gut and you dead?
Says who? don't let people get to you.

Says me. Sometimes people just don't want to be bothered at all let alone when they are in the street.
One example being those charity fundraisers. Some stop you in the street, others try to corner you. If they do the latter I treat them with the most contempt.
It's just annoying.
(edited 13 years ago)
my point stands, it's not healthy behaviour. You're simply spouting youth bravado, not healthy reasoning and action.

Plenty of people do things that piss others off, but they don't react to them.

Do you not care that when you insult someone they could go to town on you and do some serious damage. Perhaps taking it as far as a blade in the gut and you dead?

Not my problem. It's common knowledge that we don't let others irritate us. please say how it is not (if you can).
Reply 10

Not my problem. It's common knowledge that we don't let others irritate us. please say how it is not (if you can).

What, you own preservation is not your problem? That's just silly troll.
Of course it is common knowledge not to let others irritate us but it doesn't mean it won't, some can only restrain themselves so much, others have a short fuse.

I'm pretty sure you knowing that people should not rise to the bait won't bring much comfort when you are lying in a hospital bed.
lol... ok so essentially you assume that people act to accommodate you, or there are no annoyances in life?
\
Look at it this way. Most people in some sense get shouted at in public, whether by chavs or the like, and they take it and move on with their life. No healthy person responds to every passing quib that others make, it makes them look easily provoked. tell the police, "oh that person cheeked me, so i hit him!". that's frankly anger management territory.

i don't provoke anybody, but people provoke. in general though, people don't provoke anybody else, it's not wholesome as an action.
Original post by Ki_Kudos
What, you own preservation is not your problem? That's just silly troll.
Of course it is common knowledge not to let others irritate us but it doesn't mean it won't, some can only restrain themselves so much, others have a short fuse.

I'm pretty sure you knowing that people should not rise to the bait won't bring much comfort when you are lying in a hospital bed.

don't lie, it's common knowledge. ethics and common sense go against the person insulted.
get a job
i have one. lol...
i dnaa,
Reply 16
lol... ok so essentially you assume that people act to accommodate you, or there are no annoyances in life?
\
Look at it this way. Most people in some sense get shouted at in public, whether by chavs or the like, and they take it and move on with their life. No healthy person responds to every passing quib that others make, it makes them look easily provoked. tell the police, "oh that person cheeked me, so i hit him!". that's frankly anger management territory.

i don't provoke anybody, but people provoke. in general though, people don't provoke anybody else, it's not wholesome as an action.

What are you even talking about there lad? Why would people act to accomodate me?

Of course there are annoyances in life, and yes people should ignore petty fools such as yourself, I'm only making the point that not everyone follows that mantra in life. Some people will knock your pan in if you insult them without due cause. That is part and parcel of life.

I sometimes "cheek" people in public, by saying things to get them irate, and walk off and laugh to myself.

I would say that would provoke people, so yes, you do. The fact you gain enjoyment from doing such things shows YOU are as much of an unhealthy person as those you are targeting in this thread.
Reply 17
hahah i am a complete dickead111.
**** sakes how old are you?
Original post by Ki_Kudos
What are you even talking about there lad? Why would people act to accomodate me?

Of course there are annoyances in life, and yes people should ignore petty fools such as yourself, I'm only making the point that not everyone follows that mantra in life. Some people will knock your pan in if you insult them without due cause. That is part and parcel of life.

Unhealthy and egocentric people think that. do you?

I would say that would provoke people, so yes, you do. The fact you gain enjoyment from doing such things shows YOU are as much of an unhealthy person as those you are targeting in this thread.

Nobody owes anybody else anything. I don't provoke anybody, and it's not my fault, since nobody is owed good/civil treatment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending